C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferrari F430 tried to blow by me on the on-ramp today..

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 PM
carcrazyandbroke
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
Corvettes used to be great drag racing cars. Now, German luxury family sedans are faster to 60 and the quarter. Also, its not surprising that the Z06, a pretty dedicated track car, will be faster in a straight line than a family sedan weighing 1000 pounds more.

Around a race track the Corvette is faster, that's good news for the .01% who can drive a Corvette like Randy Pobst. For the average Corvette owner, its a handful at those speeds. That's why lots of people call the Corvette a great "numbers" car.

Why not appreciate the Corvette for what it is? Its a comfortable and affordable sports/GT car with lots of low end torque, decent handling up to 7/10s, reasonably affordable, reliable, economical and good looking.

Really, shouldn't that be enough? Why does it need to better than every other car made at every task? Tiresome.

Too many times here others are bashed unfairly.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:11 PM
wayles
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Will it EVER end?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:50 PM
need4speedmotors
Supporting Vendor

Received 190 Likes on 182 Posts

Haha awesome, 'merica
Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 AM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Do you feel better now

I wonder how many people really race their base Vette or the Audi RS7 on a "race track" as you say.....hmmmmm not many.

I hate to tell you this, but if you pull up to anything on the "highway" and they smoke you, guess what......you just lost. You can maybe catch up later and ask them to meet you at a "race track". BTW you might want to clarify race track because to me that means drag strip and hmmmmm in a straight line that person that smoked you before...ahhh do I even need to say it.

Why does every thread turn into this?

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
And the base Vette with "destroy" the RS7 in any other performance measurement, besides going in a straight line. The base Vette will be quicker around any racetrack, pull more G's in any given corner and stop faster than the RS7. All that.. and its still $50,000 cheaper? With the $50K you save.. you could easily buy a second car.

Do I even need mention the upcoming C7Z06 will destroy the RS7 in EVERY performance measurement. And still be $25,000 cheaper?
Old 08-08-2014, 02:12 AM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by m3incorp
Do you feel better now

I wonder how many people really race their base Vette or the Audi RS7 on a "race track" as you say.....hmmmmm not many.

I hate to tell you this, but if you pull up to anything on the "highway" and they smoke you, guess what......you just lost. You can maybe catch up later and ask them to meet you at a "race track". BTW you might want to clarify race track because to me that means drag strip and hmmmmm in a straight line that person that smoked you before...ahhh do I even need to say it.

Why does every thread turn into this?

He has a point though. It's all relative to the dollar amount.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:56 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Joy
It doesn't matter what you drive, there is someone out there driving something faster, maybe much faster.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
No,you are not too late, maybe too short,but not too late.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:42 AM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

[QUOTE=m3incorp;1587545164Why does every thread turn into this?[/QUOTE]
AN OVERABUNDANCE OF TESTOSTERONE!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:21 AM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
And the base Vette with "destroy" the RS7 in any other performance measurement, besides going in a straight line. The base Vette will be quicker around any racetrack, pull more G's in any given corner and stop faster than the RS7. All that.. and its still $50,000 cheaper? With the $50K you save.. you could easily buy a second car.

Do I even need mention the upcoming C7Z06 will destroy the RS7 in EVERY performance measurement. And still be $25,000 cheaper?
No kidding Einstein, it is a huge 4 door sedan $50K cheaper, go sit in an RS7, better yet drive one, and you will notice instantly where that $50K went.

Some of you get so defensive of the corvette it actually brings this forum down several levels.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100
Corvettes used to be great drag racing cars. Now, German luxury family sedans are faster to 60 and the quarter. Also, its not surprising that the Z06, a pretty dedicated track car, will be faster in a straight line than a family sedan weighing 1000 pounds more.

Around a race track the Corvette is faster, that's good news for the .01% who can drive a Corvette like Randy Pobst. For the average Corvette owner, its a handful at those speeds. That's why lots of people call the Corvette a great "numbers" car.

Why not appreciate the Corvette for what it is? Its a comfortable and affordable sports/GT car with lots of low end torque, decent handling up to 7/10s, reasonably affordable, reliable, economical and good looking.

Really, shouldn't that be enough? Why does it need to better than every other car made at every task? Tiresome.

Very Well Said
Old 08-08-2014, 09:04 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I had a old Honda Civic buzz me a few times on the way into work this week.

Needless to say I was intiminated by the matte black paint (every square inch of the car), park bench bolted to his trunk and "dual exhausts".

Tom
Old 08-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David2667
It would be hard to choose between the both of them, but the 430 feels faster! IMO! I do luv them both though!

I was lucky enough to drive a 430 for a bunch of laps on a race track and quite honestly was disappointed with the acceleration. Albeit, everything else about the car was spectacular.

Quick Reply: Ferrari F430 tried to blow by me on the on-ramp today..