C6 member needs some info for a new C7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 01:37 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Default C6 member needs some info for a new C7 owner

My friend bought a 2014 Z51 3 package. The car was delivered without NPP exhaust. So he's looking to put after market exhaust on but chevy wants over 2 grand for the exhaust. I had told him there crazy. Without going to all after markets site's what is the average price on the axial backs. Were talking Corsica,B&B,Borla. He was also told that the axial back would void his warranty. Any help would be thankful. I also told him to join the forum because of all the info and help he can get. Not the info from Chevy dealers. Frank
Old 08-02-2014, 02:35 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Are you saying that the Chevy dealer will provide the NPP exhaust system for $2000? Does that include installation?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:09 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by -CM-
Are you saying that the Chevy dealer will provide the NPP exhaust system for $2000? Does that include installation?
I believe so. I think the closer price was 2,200. I also check here and seen you guys(C7) are paying 300 +- over C6 for over axle exhaust

Last edited by frankb; 08-02-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-

LOL...Doesn't matter really. The wiring is not there and no one has really solved thet problem on a Non NPP car...
Old 08-02-2014, 04:33 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Modshack
LOL...Doesn't matter really. The wiring is not there and no one has really solved thet problem on a Non NPP car...
I think this answered my question. No wire to install A non NPP car. All this just because they forgot to check a box when ordering. I would be POed!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by frankb
I think this answered my question. No wire to install A non NPP car. All this just because they forgot to check a box when ordering. I would be POed!
Yup....There are solutions with aftermarket pipes, but you'll have to rig up a "Mild to wild" manual control. No integration as with the factory NPP..
Old 08-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Nothing wrong with the stock exhaust. It is even louder than I thought it would be. I think the smaller pipe ends look better (main reason I went with stock) than the larger horns of the NPP.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:42 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I think that you would be in the range of 1200-1400 for axle back exhaust. Plus installation, which is not real hard to do. Just a little time and some sweat. Check with your local Corvette club and see who in your area sells after market exhaust, there are many muffler shops that do this.
NPP is out of the question, search the threads here and there will be information about B&B, Borla, Corsa and the rest and you could PM the guys who wrote the threads and get info.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:18 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rcooper
I think that you would be in the range of 1200-1400 for axle back exhaust. Plus installation, which is not real hard to do. Just a little time and some sweat. Check with your local Corvette club and see who in your area sells after market exhaust, there are many muffler shops that do this.
NPP is out of the question, search the threads here and there will be information about B&B, Borla, Corsa and the rest and you could PM the guys who wrote the threads and get info.
Thank You
Old 08-02-2014, 09:00 PM
rfopt
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frankb
My friend bought a 2014 Z51 3 package. The car was delivered without NPP exhaust. So he's looking to put after market exhaust on but chevy wants over 2 grand for the exhaust. I had told him there crazy. Without going to all after markets site's what is the average price on the axial backs. Were talking Corsica,B&B,Borla. He was also told that the axial back would void his warranty. Any help would be thankful. I also told him to join the forum because of all the info and help he can get. Not the info from Chevy dealers. Frank
An axle-back exhaust does not void the warranty. The stock exhaust manifolds, o2 sensors and cats are not removed/relocated.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Some of the axle backs for the C7 are fairly pricey. I think he can get a few reputable brands for around $1500. How in the world did the car come without NPP though. Obviously he didn't confirm his order spec sheet with his salesman. When I ordered mine my salesman sent me a copy of what I told him I wanted on the car. I had to sign and return it. I went over it about 100 times.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 PM
frankb
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mdm23
Some of the axle backs for the C7 are fairly pricey. I think he can get a few reputable brands for around $1500. How in the world did the car come without NPP though. Obviously he didn't confirm his order spec sheet with his salesman. When I ordered mine my salesman sent me a copy of what I told him I wanted on the car. I had to sign and return it. I went over it about 100 times.
Not sure what happen. All I know is he said he was getting NPP and it came without. Not sure of all that went on between them.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 member needs some info for a new C7 owner

Quick Reply: C6 member needs some info for a new C7 owner