C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I be unhappy with a Base C7 1LT? Why to get 2LT or 3TL?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Tfreestyle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I be unhappy with a Base C7 1LT? Why to get 2LT or 3TL?

I had a budget of 40k for my next car and I decided to just bite the bullet and spend the extra cash on a c7 and treat myself to my first brand new car but trying to be semi reasonable on the options so looking at just the base 1lt with auto trans. Will i regret that decision? What would be the main reasons to get a 2lt or 3lt?

Seems that every dealer around me only has 2lt and 3lt so I was considering the corvette museum delivery, Has anyone done the corvette museum delivery? Worth the $995? Seems alittle dumb to spend 1k on that but I have time to do a road trip and totally enjoy my new corvette so I think it would be a great life experience picking up the car there, something I will never forget to commemorate my first new new car.

Popular Reply

07-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,753 Likes on 4,182 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

We're done here....this has been reduced to a pissing match.

You guys are WAY off topic....and, you should all know better.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Tfreestyle
Advanced

oh ya, I am leaning toward cyber gray with the red interior. Its just so sexy
Old 08-03-2014, 08:13 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Tfreestyle
I had a budget of 40k for my next car and I decided to just bite the bullet and spend the extra cash on a c7 and treat myself to my first brand new car but trying to be semi reasonable on the options so looking at just the base 1lt with auto trans. Will i regret that decision? What would be the main reasons to get a 2lt or 3lt?

Seems that every dealer around me only has 2lt and 3lt so I was considering the corvette museum delivery, Has anyone done the corvette museum delivery? Worth the $995? Seems alittle dumb to spend 1k on that but I have time to do a road trip and totally enjoy my new corvette so I think it would be a great life experience picking up the car there, something I will never forget to commemorate my first new new car.

In your case 1LT will be just fine it sounds like.

I personally couldn't imagine driving a 1LT. But you're on a budget, so get what you can, and enjoy it!

Last edited by ATX-C7; 08-03-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:19 PM
killascrimp
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are penny wise, get a 1lt, Get blk interior because it looks just like the 2&3lt. Also if u r getting a 15my should be a few weeks away they have a pkg that looks just like the z51. so really nobody but you wouldn't be able too tell If you spent 58K or 72K don't forget discounts like the credit union ect.., also order from a big dealer A base 1lt still beets the crap out of any other car out there. JUST MT 2 cents.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:20 PM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

I'd probably steer you toward at least 2LT since you're on a budget but probably not 3. The upgrades that you get going from 1 to 2 are a lot more than from 2 to 3, though each can be justified if you've got the money. 2 seems like it'll be better for resale someday as well.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:23 PM
lancekl
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Tfreestyle
oh ya, I am leaning toward cyber gray with the red interior. Its just so sexy
Are you talking about a 2014 or a 2015? I don't believe Cyber Gray is available in 2015
Old 08-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Fore58
Safety Car

Received 598 Likes on 453 Posts

I am very satisfied with my l1t convertible. My last C6 was a 3lt, which had the HUD, heated seats, Homelink, etc. Honestly I just don't miss any of it especially the HUD....the car has enough for display. The digital speedometer can be blown up, then you also have the actual meter next to it.....that is enough for me. I did not need the Navigation this time because the car has a cubby where you can place a better GPS system inside and hidden. My 1Lt was on the dealer lot and just came in. I believe the deal fell through with another customer, so I was lucky fortunate that day. The car came with NPP, and auto.....exactly what I wanted. Again, I feel like I am not missing anything from the aforementioned options.......which cost $4200 for 2014. My budget was no more than $60,000 and it was right on it.

Last edited by Fore58; 08-03-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:25 PM
mcslim
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't live without the HUD or the blown/heated seats. The rest of the 2LT/3LT stuff not so neccessary. Slim
The following users liked this post:
SASprof (07-04-2016)
Old 08-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Greenkirby21
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think you should need anything else!

I am 23 and got a laguna blue 1LT with performance exhaust and the suede performance seats/steering wheel/shifter.

With suppliers discount, it was around 52k!

The base C7 has really everything you need. Performance (obviously), leather seats, bluetooth streaming, back up cameras, bose sound, etc.

Everything else I like to think of as amenities, which you don't really need to survive : ).

I learned my technology lesson on my BMW.

"usb and ipod adaptor" were $500 options that are now standard on every car and I used a minimal amount of times : ). Same with navigation. I don't see a point of paying $2000 for it on cars when phones have it (and its usually better IMO).
Old 08-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

If you have a budget, forget the Museum Delivery. The 2LT option has all the goodies, HUD, power seats with memory, heated/cooled seats, more leather, up scale HD radio, home link. This is the interior option I have. Premium colors cost almost $1,000 extra, performance exhaust $1,200, with the deletion of the Museum Delivery you will save $3,000. The seven speed manual transmission is standard.

Last edited by Larry/car; 08-03-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:33 PM
flst8nole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Larry/car
If you have a budget, forget the Museum Delivery. The 2LT option has all the goodies, HUD, power seats with memory, heated/cooled seats, more leather, up scale HD radio, home link. This is the interior option I have.
The 2lt is sooooo worth the extra money. The HUD is incredible. You probably wouldn't miss it if you didn't have it because you wouldn't know what you were missing. Once you drive with the HUD you will never want to drive without it again.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

That's good that you can afford a toy like this one. I'm too poor!!!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Roger L
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Larry/car
If you have a budget, forget the Museum Delivery. The 2LT option has all the goodies, HUD, power seats with memory, heated/cooled seats, more leather, up scale HD radio, home link. This is the interior option I have. Premium colors cost almost $1,000 extra, performance exhaust $1,200, with the deletion of the Museum Delivery you will save $3,000. The seven speed manual transmission is standard.
Add Nav for $800 if it's 2014 with 2LT and save about $3,000 vs 3LT
Marc SS (10-17-2015)
Old 08-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Tfreestyle
Advanced

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly. Its sounding like im probably good to go on the 1lt. if 2lt has the following i dont think its needed in my situation..

Heads up display- Wouldnt mind it but never had it so not sure id notice the difference

Heated seats- I am in los angeles so not much use, I used my heated seats in my cadillac once on the way to vegas

Memory seats- Keys will be locked away and no one else will have permission to drive it

Radio- could have its advantages but i more have music on as background then actually listening to it, rarely had it on when I drive my previous sports cars

Homelink- Im guessing thats like integrated garage door opener? unfortunately will be parking mainly in my carport since garage is in the rear of my house and full of motorcycles and engines im working on.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Tfreestyle
Advanced

Does the 1lt have a backup camera stock? Navigation I rarely used on my cadillac eitehr. I would always just put google maps on my phone and throw it up on the dash.

Will the 2015 really not have cyber gray? I think its the sexiest color available, the blue is pretty nice too though
Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 PM
jpshark
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should get what excites you, not other people. If you're on a budget the base 1LT is the proper choice although buying a Corvette on a budget seems a little non sequitur to me. The other thing to consider is performance. For the max experience you really need the Z51, I couldn't live without it and let's face it, if you're not getting a Vette for performance, what else is there?!
Old 08-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Yep backup camera is included in all packages. I have a 1LT and no regrets and that's coming from a 3LT C6.

Get notified of new replies

To Will I be unhappy with a Base C7 1LT? Why to get 2LT or 3TL?

Old 08-03-2014, 08:48 PM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go for it. I have a 1lt and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. (That statement means to show no disrespect to those that got higher trim levels.)
From the cheapest to the most expensive, all Stingrays get it's main feature: the award winning killer engine.
And then the chassis and steering are this car's bread and butter, they are the reason for purchase (for me).
The performance that this car is capable of is astounding in any trim level... and then able to be a civil daily driver... you just gotta experience it...
good for you want wanting to step up and get one.

Take a good look at Chevy's website and take a minute to go down the list of standard features on the 1lt. They are extensive.
Even little things like floor mats and tilt/telescopic wheel are included, whereas on other brands many of the vette's standard items are optional.

Last edited by level6; 08-03-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

the past 7 corvettes we've owned, 6 have been base models; enjoyed the heck out of owning & driving every one of them. They all said "Corvette" on them; that's a dream car to a lot of people.

#8, which is going to be a 2015, was to be ordered the same... base 1LT. But just before ordering, my wife decided to sell her Corvette; so we'll be back to sharing one this time around (I sold mine a year ago). Because of this we upped to the 2Lt... mainly to get the memory seats.
jmmoh (07-04-2016)
Old 08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Tfreestyle
Advanced

When I say budget its not that I cant afford the higher options its more that I cant justify the extra expense if for my application its not completely needed. I originally only wanted to spend about 30-40k on a c6 and deciding to step it up a bit I just dont want to squander money where its not needed(not bashing people who went 2 or 3lt).

I do plan on an aftermarket exhaust pretty soon after the purchase so the performance exhaust package isnt an option i really need either. The extra cash saved from getting a 1lt I can put into the car for options id enjoy more.

Quick Reply: Will I be unhappy with a Base C7 1LT? Why to get 2LT or 3TL?