Sponsored by:

Looking to Order 2015 Z51 at Supplier Pricing in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking to Order 2015 Z51 at Supplier Pricing in DFW

Which DFW dealers are taking Z51 orders at Supplier Pricing? Looking to order this weekend most likely.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:40 PM
silky1
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Good luck! I wanted to order from the Dallas area since all my family still lives there. I tried most of the major dealers in the metroplex when I ordered mine a few months ago. The closest I came was classic in grapevine. After 4 really productive phone calls they said no. I ended up having to order out of state.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Originally Posted by silky1
Good luck! I wanted to order from the Dallas area since all my family still lives there. I tried most of the major dealers in the metroplex when I ordered mine a few months ago. The closest I came was classic in grapevine. After 4 really productive phone calls they said no. I ended up having to order out of state.
Where did you end up ordering from?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Zax
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pocket Aces
Which DFW dealers are taking Z51 orders at Supplier Pricing? Looking to order this weekend most likely.

Thanks!
Try Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, not sure if they will do it on Z51.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Greenkirby21
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I got it at ray huffines in Plano, but that was only after I said I would take my business else ware when they said no at first. It was for non z51 though.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Da Hawk
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Good luck on your search. I highly doubt you'll find a dealer in the Metroplex willing to sell at a Supplier discount. Most of them are still listing their 'Vettes at "market adjustment" prices. I had no luck and bought my Z51 from Les Stanford in Michigan at Employee pricing ($9,800+ off MSRP).
Old 08-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks!
If none of you local dealerships will do it, you can always order out of state and get it courtesy delivered to a local dealership. That's what I did after the local dealerships wouldn't come through in my area.

I ordered from from Les Stanford in Michigan and they will accept the GM discounts on all models as long as they are eligible. Some of the other large forum dealers might as well at this point but weren't taking it on Z-51 coupes when I ordered.

It's of course fine if you want to stay local but I had never heard of courtesy delivery until someone on the forum mentioned it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:39 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Good luck.... I called every dealer in Texas when I bought mine back in February. Classic in Grapevine told me 3 days in a row they'd have "my" car the next day. This is AFTER I drove over there one afternoon to purchase a car that wasn't there. Long story short, I drove to David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman,Oklahoma to get my Laguna Blue C7. They actually took a snapshot of the very car I went to purchase and put my name on it before I arrived to pick it up. I hated the car they had on hold for me and ended up purchasing one off the showroom floor. I'm not sure who in the south has the most allocations, but they can usually accommodate your wishes on the car you want. They're even a Calloway dealer too, had a couple of C6 Calloway equipped cars there on hand, and were getting a new C7 too. Btw... They even let me use GM points too, on that purchase. I netted a pretty good deal on my car. Hope this helps.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Originally Posted by Algiers
If none of you local dealerships will do it, you can always order out of state and get it courtesy delivered to a local dealership. That's what I did after the local dealerships wouldn't come through in my area.

I ordered from from Les Stanford in Michigan and they will accept the GM discounts on all models as long as they are eligible. Some of the other large forum dealers might as well at this point but weren't taking it on Z-51 coupes when I ordered.

It's of course fine if you want to stay local but I had never heard of courtesy delivery until someone on the forum mentioned it.
How much extra is the courtesy delivery and is the car transported safely on a carrier just like it would be if it was alotted to my local dealership?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Originally Posted by C7BB
Good luck.... I called every dealer in Texas when I bought mine back in February. Classic in Grapevine told me 3 days in a row they'd have "my" car the next day. This is AFTER I drove over there one afternoon to purchase a car that wasn't there. Long story short, I drove to David Stanley Chevrolet in Norman,Oklahoma to get my Laguna Blue C7. They actually took a snapshot of the very car I went to purchase and put my name on it before I arrived to pick it up. I hated the car they had on hold for me and ended up purchasing one off the showroom floor. I'm not sure who in the south has the most allocations, but they can usually accommodate your wishes on the car you want. They're even a Calloway dealer too, had a couple of C6 Calloway equipped cars there on hand, and were getting a new C7 too. Btw... They even let me use GM points too, on that purchase. I netted a pretty good deal on my car. Hope this helps.
So they gave you supplier pricing and allowed GM card earnings? Was the car a Z51? I've thought about calling David Stanley. Sure seems like they get a lot of Vettes.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,710 Likes on 2,918 Posts

A friend of mine just ordered a non-Z51 from James Wood Chevrolet up in Denton at supplier pricing, but good luck finding a local dealership willing to do it on a Z51 model. I attempted to order my Z51 through Huffines in Lewisville last winter but ended up having to order from an out-of-state dealership and have it courtesy delivered there instead since they had no allocations available (luckily they were honest about that; overall they've been a great dealership for delivery, warranty, and service).
Old 08-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much extra is the courtesy delivery and is the car transported safely on a carrier just like it would be if it was alotted to my local dealership?
The price is determined by your local dealership but it seems to range between $300-$500. The car is sent exactly the same way straight from the factory as it would normally be to your local dealer.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,710 Likes on 2,918 Posts

I got mine for $250 which seems to be about the lowest you'll find.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:48 AM
fasttoys
Melting Slicks

Received 1,260 Likes on 558 Posts

DFW area is a Hot Corvette market. Shop in a Texas market that is not and you will get a better deal. Austin Texas is not a big Corvette town.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

If you are at Classic in Grapevine then I'd suggest you take the very short drive over to The Thompson Group across the freeway, talk to Jason Foshea. Thompson Group is the fleet division for Classic. They are no-nonsense and easy to deal with.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:47 PM
silky1
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I ordered from Les Stanford in Michigan. They are doing a courtesy delivery for me. My local dealer is charging me $300.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

Mine is a Z51 and my dealer will not do Supplier Discounts and I am currently at 3300.

Non in my that I know of will.

Good Luck in finding one, like already said, maybe some of the bigger dealers might.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking to Order 2015 Z51 at Supplier Pricing in DFW

Quick Reply: Looking to Order 2015 Z51 at Supplier Pricing in DFW