Memory Recall 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 AM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Memory Recall 1

Just got new c7 yesterday love it much improved over my c6
But once i set my memory recall and i get in car to make my seat go to the position you must HOLD the seat button in till you reach the diresed setting As before on the C6 just touch it Dealer say this is correct on 7 speeds Not buying It Can anyone Confirm
Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

The memory buttons are a bit touchy. Frankly, it's all about the way you press the button. My car is a seven speed.

When you first enter the car, and the car is off you will have to hold the button and it will move through the memory cycle.

A quick (firm) momentary press on the memory button when the car is running will cycle the full memory setting.

I've attached a couple of videos to illustrate.

In this first video, the car is in accessory mode, not running. Notice I'll press the button firmly and quickly but it doesn't move. Once I press and hold the button, it moves while I'm holding it. Click the image to play the video file.

In this second video, the car is running. A quick firm press of the button and you can hear the seat moving and see the steering wheel move through its cycle. Click the image to play the video file.

It was a little difficult to figure out how to video this to illustrate what I was talking about so I framed the memory buttons so you can see my finger as well as the steering wheel moving. Hopefully it makes sense.

Paul
Old 08-06-2014, 08:19 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Paul to the rescue one again.

Tom
Old 08-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Buzzardz_vette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by talon90
The memory buttons are a bit touchy. Frankly, it's all about the way you press the button. My car is a seven speed.

When you first enter the car, and the car is off you will have to hold the button and it will move through the memory cycle.

A quick (firm) momentary press on the memory button when the car is running will cycle the full memory setting.

In this first video, the car is in accessory mode, not running. Notice I'll press the button firmly and quickly but it doesn't move. Once I press and hold the button, it moves while I'm holding it. Click the image to play the video file.

In this second video, the car is running. A quick firm press of the button and you can hear the seat moving and see the steering wheel move through its cycle. Click the image to play the video file.

It was a little difficult to figure out how to video this to illustrate what I was talking about so I framed the memory buttons so you can see my finger as well as the steering wheel moving. Hopefully it makes sense.

Paul
I've also found that if you are in Reverse or the Parking Brake is off, you must press and hold the button even if the car is running.

There is a flash update from your dealer that changes it so you can press the Start button without touching the brake and the seats will move to the preset position. Then you can start the car normally.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:03 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
I've also found that if you are in Reverse or the Parking Brake is off, you must press and hold the button even if the car is running.

There is a flash update from your dealer that changes it so you can press the Start button without touching the brake and the seats will move to the preset position. Then you can start the car normally.
Yep, thanks. I should have mentioned both of those things. I got sort of focused on the task at hand, LOL.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 AM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Paul
thanks Paul You need to to go on tour and teach the dealers Thanks again
Old 08-06-2014, 09:45 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by SCorvette08
thanks Paul You need to to go on tour and teach the dealers Thanks again
LOL. The best I can do is give a seminar at the NCM during the Labor Day event (Thursday 28th). It will be video taped and on my website. Hopefully they'll watch it.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:54 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Keep in mind as well that if you store things behind your seat, it wreaks havoc with the memory system. There are sensors on the bulkhead in front of the gas tanks to protect the seats. The seat motors are strong enough that they could rip themselves out of the car if given the opportunity.

Storing anything behind the seat can prevent the memory from working if it comes in contact with it. Once that happens, no matter what the circumstances, the memory won't do what you want it to do and the use of the buttons will be limited to individual presses that move the seat about 1 mm at a time. Even a sunshade standing up in the wrong spot behind the seat (compressed between the seat and the bulkhead) can render the seat motors in-op.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:52 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Buzzardz_vette
Must be for the A6 only as I had the reflash done to my Z51 M7 (VIN 11822) and it doesn't work that way at all (still)......

Last edited by KenHorse; 08-06-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:59 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Much easier in my A6. Stop the engine and the seat and steering wheel move to exit setting. Start the engine and they move to memory setting.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:00 AM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Must for the A6 only as I had the reflash done to my Z51 M7 (VIN 11822) and it doesn't work that way at all (still)......
I suspect the flash did not get applied for you.

I had the flash done last week on my M7 and now when I press the start button, as long as the parking brake is engaged, the seat moves into the memory position from the easy exit position. Prior to the flash I had to press the memory button.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:01 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Keep in mind as well that if you store things behind your seat, it wreaks havoc with the memory system. There are sensors on the bulkhead in front of the gas tanks to protect the seats. The seat motors are strong enough that they could rip themselves out of the car if given the opportunity.

Storing anything behind the seat can prevent the memory from working if it comes in contact with it. Once that happens, no matter what the circumstances, the memory won't do what you want it to do and the use of the buttons will be limited to individual presses that move the seat about 1 mm at a time. Even a sunshade standing up in the wrong spot behind the seat (compressed between the seat and the bulkhead) can render the seat motors in-op.
That's the problem a lot of people have when they use the exit function. From the factory the exit position basically runs the seat all the way back until it hits the limit switch. Once that happens one touch or auto seat memory functions are lost. All it takes to resolve most of the one touch complaints is to put the seat in the exit position, nudge it forward about 1/4", press and release the set button then press and hold the exit button until the car beeps. That moves the seat off the sensor, auto and one touch features magically start working.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:02 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by evilmonkey

I had the flash done last week on my M7 and now when I press the start button, as long as the parking brake is engaged, the seat moves into the memory position from the easy exit position. Prior to the flash I had to press the memory button.
I had the flash done (even have the additional SETUP selections available now).

Interesting....I will have to look into this a bit more it seems.....(perhaps I need to select something I have not yet done?)
Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 AM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
That's the problem a lot of people have when they use the exit function. From the factory the exit position basically runs the seat all the way back until it hits the limit switch. Once that happens one touch or auto seat memory functions are lost. All it takes to resolve most of the one touch complaints is to put the seat in the exit position, nudge it forward about 1/4", press and release the set button then press and hold the exit button until the car beeps. That moves the seat off the sensor, auto and one touch features magically start working.
I had to do this as well. I can't seem to identify a reason they would prevent the seat from auto moving forward into position if the limit switch was hit - they must have their reasons I guess...
Old 08-06-2014, 01:41 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

I had the flash done (even have the additional SETUP selections available now).

Interesting....I will have to look into this a bit more it seems.....(perhaps I need to select something I have not yet done?)
Well...an update about this...

I had Auto Recall turned off, so I selected On Ignition On. That worked however Memory 2 was being recalled and not 1 (and I had the FOB with the #1 key in it with me). I do use Auto Exit...

So I programmed Memory 2 as I wanted it and that seems to work just fine now. I get in car, press START and Mem #2 is recalled.

I should point out that when I took delivery, the dealer had...ahem... misplaced one of the FOBs and had to order me a replacement. A few weeks later, I received the 2nd FOB (with the key marked "2") and I programmed it according to the steps in the Owners Manual (piece of cake by the way). So I set this FOB aside as my backup and used only the original that came with the car (marked "1" on the key). Obviously, something was confused here.

Thing is... the 2nd FOB (remember, marked "2" on the key) won't recall either Memory using the "At Ignition On" setting... Why do I get the feeling the car thinks my #1 is actually #2 and my #2 is actually #3?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:47 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Unlike previous years, the FOB's are not numbered. The first one to sync becomes number one - the only way to know which is which is to set the memory recall feature on, set one seat position forward (saved as a memory position) and one seat position back (also saved of course), then brin one FOB in proximity at a time and open the door (or start ignition, depending upon which recall option you selected).

Had to do that with ours, and found that they were indeed reverse of what we expected.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:58 PM
youcancallmeray
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evilmonkey

My car was built 2 weeks ago and it does not have the supposed fix. Still have to press and hold the #1 memory button to get the seat in place.

If I change the settings to AUTO RECALL, the only other choice, the seat returns to the forward position as soon as i open the door and I can't get in the car.

Not sure if there actually was a fix. If there was it is hard to believe that a car built in late July wouldn't have it.

Last edited by youcancallmeray; 08-06-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Memory Recall 1

Old 08-06-2014, 04:10 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by tunaman
Unlike previous years, the FOB's are not numbered. The first one to sync becomes number one - the only way to know which is which is to set the memory recall feature on, set one seat position forward (saved as a memory position) and one seat position back (also saved of course), then brin one FOB in proximity at a time and open the door (or start ignition, depending upon which recall option you selected).

Had to do that with ours, and found that they were indeed reverse of what we expected.
There have been multiple threads about this - the FOB numbering is part of the key itself, not the plastic FOB body. (mine are numbered 1 & 2)
Old 08-06-2014, 04:11 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by youcancallmeray
My car was built 2 weeks ago and it does not have the supposed fix. Still have to press and hold the #1 memory button to get the seat in place.

If I change the settings to AUTO RECALL, the only other choice, the seat returns to the forward position as soon as i open the door and I can't get in the car.

Not sure if there actually was a fix. If there was it is hard to believe that a car built in late July wouldn't have it.
Your car was built 2 weeks ago and you already have possession of it? Wow!

A6 or M7?
Old 08-06-2014, 04:22 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

There have been multiple threads about this - the FOB numbering is part of the key itself, not the plastic FOB body. (mine are numbered 1 & 2)
Remove the key from the fob housing and turn it upside down. On the underside of the bezel you will see a 1 or a 2 stamped in a recessed cavity.

Quick Reply: Memory Recall 1