C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the "more aggressive" rear spoiler that comes with CFZ option??

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 PM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is the "more aggressive" rear spoiler that comes with CFZ option??

Anyone know what "more aggressive rear spoiler" exactly means with the CFZ option for 2015? The option reads:

"CFZ NEW! Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package, includes Carbon Flash-painted splitter and rockers, and more aggressive rear spoiler"

How is it different from the Z51 spoiler? Can't seem to find much info or pics on it..

Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 PM
C7BigTime
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iLLuSiON38
Anyone know what "more aggressive rear spoiler" exactly means with the CFZ option for 2015? The option reads:

"CFZ NEW! Carbon Fiber Ground Effects Package, includes Carbon Flash-painted splitter and rockers, and more aggressive rear spoiler"

How is it different from the Z51 spoiler? Can't seem to find much info or pics on it..

Thanks
This is what I found for the CFZ spoiler. Looks way different from Z51.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2014/...2015-corvette/
Old 08-11-2014, 11:23 PM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

Wow.. That is totally different than the Z51 spoiler... Not sure if I like it yet..

I ordered the CFZ option, somehow I missed the rear spoiler part.. I thought it was just the front and side skirts..
Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 AM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

I find it hard to imagine that the Z06 rear spoiler would go on a non-Z06 car. I'm wondering if it's the rear spoiler from the pacific/atlantic package.. if that's any different than the z51 spoiler

I'm really confused about this..
Old 08-12-2014, 06:46 AM
BIG Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 4,682 Likes on 1,862 Posts

I saw the Pacific Edition at a Corvette show this weekend. It was in Torch Red. The splitter was a semi-soft material, almost like rubber. And it had winglets attached. The side skirts were made of the same semi-hard material. I didn't notice any difference in the rear spoiler from the normal Z51 rear spoiler. The black wheels looked like the Z51 black wheels that came on my 2014, except they were not glossy, more like a matte finish.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave
I saw the Pacific Edition at a Corvette show this weekend. It was in Torch Red. The splitter was a semi-soft material, almost like rubber. And it had winglets attached. The side skirts were made of the same semi-hard material. I didn't notice any difference in the rear spoiler from the normal Z51 rear spoiler. The black wheels looked like the Z51 black wheels that came on my 2014, except they were not glossy, more like a matte finish.
Very interesting..
Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLuSiON38
I find it hard to imagine that the Z06 rear spoiler would go on a non-Z06 car. I'm wondering if it's the rear spoiler from the pacific/atlantic package.. if that's any different than the z51 spoiler

I'm really confused about this..
That would be my bet too. The Pacific car definitely has the aero kit from the CFZ option.

No reason to think the spoiler would be any different than what is shown in the picture below. Maybe the angle of the spoiler is more aggressive than what comes on the Z51 package.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

I asked my ordering dealer and they weren't sure either yet.

They said they are GUESSING it will be slightly taller. But nothing definitive yet.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

The CFZ package will get the standard Z06 spoiler which has not yet been photographed for public consumption. The Z06 pictures you've see to date are cars with the Z07 package which has a different spoiler than the base Z06.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Old 08-12-2014, 07:16 PM
richelu
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
The CFZ package will get the standard Z06 spoiler which has not yet been photographed for public consumption. The Z06 pictures you've see to date are cars with the Z07 package which has a different spoiler than the base Z06.

Dave

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember reading that the CFZ package was essentially the areo package from the stage 2 ZO6 (carbon fiber splitter with winglets, side skirts and new spoiler). I seem to also remember reading a couple months back that Chevy engineers were not 100% satisfied with the balance between the rear spoiler and front splitter and this was the reason for the delay on the CFZ package.
Hopefully this is old news and they finally decided on the spoiler and are just getting their supplier lined up as the CFZ package is currently holding my order up.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:21 PM
richelu
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG Dave

I guess it was a mock up if the splitter and side skirts were semi-soft as I believe they are supposed to be carbon fiber.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:46 PM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

Dave
Thanks for the info Dave. I was hoping it wouldn't be as aggressive as the Z07 package rear spoiler.

Can't wait to actually see some official photos of the CFZ rear spoiler.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the "more aggressive" rear spoiler that comes with CFZ option??

Quick Reply: What is the "more aggressive" rear spoiler that comes with CFZ option??