Sponsored by:

GM Credit Union Discount

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:18 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by roarkace
I belong to 3 credit unions but none are on the Supplier Discount list ,can anyone give me the name of a credit union that is on the list?
Ohio Educational Credit Union with several branches around Cleveland--Google it. I used to finance cars there when I taught. Anyone can join.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:52 PM
vettekat2007
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

I am somewhat confused. I do not belong to a credit union now. Where can I find the Supplier Discount list with the eligible Credit Unions? Or is ANY credit union acceptable to qualify on the GM web site to get an authorization number? Also, how hard is it to join a credit union? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by vettekat2007
I am somewhat confused. I do not belong to a credit union now. Where can I find the Supplier Discount list with the eligible Credit Unions? Or is ANY credit union acceptable to qualify on the GM web site to get an authorization number? Also, how hard is it to join a credit union? Thanks.
You need to go to www.mygmdiscount.com and click on the Program link at the top. You will need to register. During the registration, you will be presented with a list of eligible Credit Unions in your state. Pick one (you can change it later). Joining a CU is very easy.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:44 PM
vettekat2007
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks. I did that but did not want to put in a CU that I did not belong to.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:42 AM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vettekat2007
The Credit Union Discount is not the same as the Supplier Discount, although the amount of the discount is roughly the same. There is also an "Educator Discount" that pretty much matches the Supplier and Credit Union Discounts, so make a choice. You CANNOT combine discounts and some dealers won't let you combine any GM discount with GM Card points.

Earlier posts have said which site to visit to learn about the discounts so reference those. And, yes, you have to register for the Credit Union Discount on that page before you can see the list of eligible credit unions. You do NOT have to take the final step of that (registration) process and get an "eligibility" or "registration" number. The number you will get now is only good until the end of December, 2014. So if you plan to order your car AFTER that date, you should wait until later in the year - assuming the discount will still be available, then (no promises).

Got all that?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:53 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ckwhite
The Credit Union Discount is not the same as the Supplier Discount, although the amount of the discount is roughly the same. There is also an "Educator Discount" that pretty much matches the Supplier and Credit Union Discounts, so make a choice. You CANNOT combine discounts and some dealers won't let you combine any GM discount with GM Card points.

Earlier posts have said which site to visit to learn about the discounts so reference those. And, yes, you have to register for the Credit Union Discount on that page before you can see the list of eligible credit unions. You do NOT have to take the final step of that (registration) process and get an "eligibility" or "registration" number. The number you will get now is only good until the end of December, 2014. So if you plan to order your car AFTER that date, you should wait until later in the year - assuming the discount will still be available, then (no promises).

Got all that?
Who is in your avatar?
Old 09-14-2014, 06:20 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Who is in your avatar?
My daughter, of course.....why?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:15 PM
mikecoffin1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like the same information except for north Carolina, south Carolina, or VA. NC is preferred, but I will travel anywhere to get the right car.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:20 PM
mikecoffin1
Racer

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Can someone recommend a dealership in the MD/central PA/northern VA area that will honor the CU and military discount? Thanks.
I need the same kind of information for NC, SC, GA, or southern VA.

Thanks...
Old 09-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Tbong
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikecoffin1
I would like the same information except for north Carolina, south Carolina, or VA. NC is preferred, but I will travel anywhere to get the right car.
Forget about SC. Been here done that. I had to drive to Criswells and Kerbecks to even get the GMSP. I did not find a car on the floor although Kerbecks was phenomenal to deal with. They would have accepted my authorization on any car in stock at the time except the 2015 Coupe as they only had one.

You MAY get GSMP with Hendricks in Duluth but be prepared for a long drawn out negotiation, It's not automatic like with the major forum dealers.

IF and when I decide I want a new C7 in the future, it will be bought at Kerbecks. or if they have constraints on some cars for GMSP, MacMulkin in NH another no nonsense dealer.

I am flying to NC next week to look at a few C6 Verts, though
Old 09-16-2014, 07:07 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,573 Likes on 1,644 Posts

My daughter, of course.....why?
Sir, I would like to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage... I realize I don't look like much. I have a terrible disposition, multiple ex-wives, deeply in debt, and behind on my child support for my last 8 kids. I am a bit self centered, hung over, unshaven, with bad teeth, faded tattoos, and I walk with a distinct limp that I got from being shot running guns to south American warlords, but...

I do drive a 2014 Corvette....
Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM
mikecoffin1
Racer

Got all that?
OK...I got an authorization number for a CU discount. How do I get one for the supplier discount???
Old 09-16-2014, 09:49 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

OK...I got an authorization number for a CU discount. How do I get one for the supplier discount???
That is your discount code. That code gets you supplier pricing. You now need to find a dealer that will accept it.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM
dirty eddie
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mike, Hendrick Chevrolet, Cary auto mall will take the credit union discount on all vettes . I just got a 2015 coupe using it. Saved about $6K.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 PM
tcotta411
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Steve Moore will honor any discounts

Steve Moore Chevrolet in Charlotte will honor any discounts on C7s in inventory only.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:26 AM
mikecoffin1
Racer

Originally Posted by dirty eddie
mike, Hendrick Chevrolet, Cary auto mall will take the credit union discount on all vettes . I just got a 2015 coupe using it. Saved about $6K.
Ok got it. Sorry for being a pain in the butt, but this is all new to me and I appreciate the guidance and help. This is one of the many things that makes the CF a great place to be.

Now..is the authorization code a fixed discount or do I need to find a specific vehicle and let the dealer tell me what the price will be? It would be great if the Cary Auto Mall had an inventory. I bought my 99 conv there.

Thanks again to all...

Mike
Old 09-17-2014, 04:39 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by dirty eddie
Not on Z06. I have one on order and they told me it is not available on Z06. I got the same answer from Hendrick in Atlanta.

Get notified of new replies

To GM Credit Union Discount

Old 09-17-2014, 07:38 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok got it. Sorry for being a pain in the butt, but this is all new to me and I appreciate the guidance and help. This is one of the many things that makes the CF a great place to be.

Now..is the authorization code a fixed discount or do I need to find a specific vehicle and let the dealer tell me what the price will be? It would be great if the Cary Auto Mall had an inventory. I bought my 99 conv there.

Thanks again to all...

Mike
It's a discount off MSRP, the higher the MSRP the higher the discount.

https://www.mygmdiscount.com/

Build your car and you will see your discount.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks again to all...

Mike
Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
It's a discount off MSRP, the higher the MSRP the higher the discount.

https://www.mygmdiscount.com/

Build your car and you will see your discount.
The part that confuses most is there is NO NEGOTIATION when you use one of these programs. The price you pay is printed on the invoice of the car you are buying. That plus reasonable doc fees (defined in the program FAQ), tax and tags are all you pay.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 AM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by buddyroth
Have any of you actually gotten the C/U discount?
I understand that a dealer can choose not to participate, but my salesman tells me that GM is not allowing discount on C7s.
Any info appreciated.
I will honor it of you have it (NOT ON Z06 )
Rick Conti / Coughlin

rickconti@coughlincars.com

Thank-you
CELL/TEXT 740-739-8377

Quick Reply: GM Credit Union Discount