Sponsored by:

Gms #?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 10:55 PM
thejerseydevil
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Gms #?

I am looking to get a 2014 C7 and have a dealer who has the car I want and will take GMS; however, I don't have a GMS # to use. Not sure if these can be shared like the supplier # but if so and there is a kind soul to share, I'd love to use it and save thousands.

If not, sorry for the post.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but you could do the credit union discount which is the same discount as supplier. Here's the website.

https://www.mygmdiscount.com/
Old 08-15-2014, 12:51 AM
WEBDZYNER
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Sharing GMS #s

It is only a small chance of getting caught, but GMS purchases can be audited. If one is audited, and found to have been fraudulent (not really an eligible person), the employee can be made to pay GM back the discount and lose access to the privilege of the discount forever.

It is very easy to give someone a valid #, but it is a risk to the employee who gave it away. There are employee pricing for everyone sales, but I do not know when the Vette will be included.

If you do get one, and all goes well, then good for you. You can save about 9-10k on the 3LTs I believe.

Supplier plus credit union discount is no small amount either.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 AM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Two year suspension from using GMS wrongly for a first offense. I have never met anyone who admitted to a second.

Dealers expect GMS sales to be audited.

Laborsmith
Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 PM
pettvette
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet

If your not a GM family member your not eligible for the family discount... You could however find someone from GM that can give you the supplier discount

As to GM audits. I just went through one for the last 6 GMS certificates I used / gave out... What a pain in the azz... I had to provide birth certs for self, parents, siblings, marriage licenses, proof of insurance, proof of registration ect...

If they weren't eligible buyers. I would of been responsible for the difference between the discounted price and msrp.... All were legit!!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Drh
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking at the GM website, they appear to have a "Share Your Discount" program. Find someone that already purchased with a GM Supplier discount and ask them to refer you.

Share Your Discount

When you save…they save!

As an eligible supplier employee, every time you purchase a new GM vehicle with your supplier discount, you can pass along the GM Supplier Discount Price to a friend or family member for up to one year from the date of your vehicle purchase or lease. Your friend or family member can also combine this discount with most current offers to save even more.

Build a vehicle to your exact specifications — and view the GM Supplier Discount Price and MSRP by following the prompts.

How does it work?

After you purchase your new GM vehicle, you will receive a confirmation email stating that you're eligible to pass along the savings to a friend or family member. Then, follow the steps below:
•Gather the prospect's date of birth, ZIP Code and your Company Code.
•Select "Obtain Authorization" below.
•Once you obtain an authorization number, your friend or family member will have six (6) months to use the discount.

Get notified of new replies

To Gms #?

Quick Reply: Gms #?