Best Chevy Dealer on Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 12:45 PM
C2C3C4C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Best Chevy Dealer on Long Island

Assuming there is one, I would appreciate any info regarding finding the best Chevy dealer for Corvette service on Long Island, New York. Thanks in advance for your info.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 PM
C2C3C4C6
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

I will reply to my own post..... no reply means there are no good Chevy dealers on Long Island; thanks to all for your help.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:57 AM
snakepit
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Robert Chevrolet, in Hicksville
Old 08-20-2014, 08:15 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I'd suggest a road trip to pick up your car from either kerbeck in Atlantic city or one of the more northern dealers like mike grisswald......or tommy jr.

The local yokel dealers in Long Island aren't worth the headaches.....the cars coming..the cars coming...but guess what...the car never gets delivered.

I strongly suggest making a deal with one of the three relatively local forum dealers and either have a buddy drive you up to pick up your ride or rent a car one way ....and have the ride of a life time driving home.

I'm probably 45 minutes north of you and I made the deal with Dave Salvatore over the phone at kerbeck...I drove down....dropped the rent a car off at the near by airport.... The salesman drove me back to the dealership...I paid for the car and did all the paperwork in less than 20 minutes and it was an awesome drive home.

Best car purchase in over 35 years.

My first corvette I travelled by train to center reach to pick it up from Husted (sp) but they are long gone.

Use a forum dealer ...it's a superior buying experience all the way around.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I'd suggest a road trip to pick up your car from either kerbeck in Atlantic city or one of the more northern dealers like mike grisswald......or tommy jr.

The local yokel dealers in Long Island aren't worth the headaches.....the cars coming..the cars coming...but guess what...the car never gets delivered.

I strongly suggest making a deal with one of the three relatively local forum dealers and either have a buddy drive you up to pick up your ride or rent a car one way ....and have the ride of a life time driving home.

I'm probably 45 minutes north of you and I made the deal with Dave Salvatore over the phone at kerbeck...I drove down....dropped the rent a car off at the near by airport.... The salesman drove me back to the dealership...I paid for the car and did all the paperwork in less than 20 minutes and it was an awesome drive home.

Best car purchase in over 35 years.

My first corvette I travelled by train to center reach to pick it up from Husted (sp) but they are long gone.

Use a forum dealer ...it's a superior buying experience all the way around.
If you weren't so fast to knock local dealers you would have READ that he wanted the best chevy dealer on LI for SERVICE. SERVICE NOT PURCHASE.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 AM
birdiemaster
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snakepit
I went in there and a salesman look at you like a dog passing by in the street. He was yawning leaning against a tall desk or something during 45 minutes when I was there. Maybe I am used to Lexus salesman since that was last car I bought couple of years ago. But the behavior that was shown by that salesman lets me to believe that he or the dealer may not be that courteous nor successful at what they do.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:40 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

The best service I have gotten was from Atlantic Chevrolet. That is not an endorsement, as compared to our Acura, Honda and Jeep dealers, they are sub-par.
Although Paul Conte is closest to me, I have yet to have a good experience with them.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:13 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

You did say for service right? I've read of Medford, 😰Arnold and at least a couple others for service. Don't give 7p hope just yet.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:32 PM
03SGVETTE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a pleasant experience at Atlantic in bay shore yesterday: inspection, oil change (base, not z51) and the two recalls for the car. What a relief I feel I can now trust a local dealer with my c7.

Paul conte told me (about 3 weeks ago) they do not even have a vette tech and cannot service them.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:22 AM
RHHalford
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought my C7 at Atlantic in Bay Shore as well as a '14 Camaro for my wife- service department has been EXCELLENT
Old 10-26-2014, 09:34 AM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by snakepit
Those guys are the best. Between my dad and I we have bought and they have perfectly serviced 99 Camaro SS, 1996 Corvette Grand Sport, 03 Corvette Z06, 06 Corvette Z06, 11 Grand Sport, 13 ZL1...and they'll have my new Z06 this December. Great crew!

Best,
Gene
Old 10-26-2014, 11:20 AM
cnair
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would recommend Arnold Chevrolet in W. Babylon. Be sure to ask for Chris their Corvette tech.

Get notified of new replies

To Best Chevy Dealer on Long Island

Quick Reply: Best Chevy Dealer on Long Island