Sponsored by:

Any news on the 2015 release date for shipping

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:55 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan0324
What I do not get is how dealers are getting unsold A8's on their lots and customer ordered A8's are still sitting on the BG lot. Thought I read that customer ordered cars had had a little more priority.
In general, GM seems to pull retail sold orders in a way to indicate they have a little more priority than dealer stock, and that may happen with the Corvette but who on the outside can tell? There is a big difference in a car line that has less than 1% of production retail sold and a vehicle line such as the Corvette that has double digit % retail sold.

But when it comes to shipping, all Corvettes are created equal and the only priority is to make up a full truck load.

Laborsmith
Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by CUSA

I'm at 4200 and it means nothing, not even when the Delivery is across the street!
Dang; what's going on here?

it's been reported that 2015 dealer stock A8 orders are on the showroom floor already.

Something ain't right.

Just think...

someone who had no intention of owning a Corvette (even as late as last night), could of driven by one of the dealers with a stock A8 on their showroom floor today - bought it - and have already driven it home.

There's no excuse for a stock order to be on a dealers showroom floor, when sold orders were entered into the system - on the first day allowed - by enthusiasts who were willing to order a $60,000 - $70,000 car before pricing was even released.... and then built the first two days of production... but are still parked out back of the factory.

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 08-31-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:08 PM
CUSA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kathybisonic
when was yours built?
8/20 #1351 a8
Old 08-30-2014, 08:20 PM
Ltespd
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
Something ain't right.

Just think...

someone who had no intention of owning a Corvette (even as late as last night), could of driven by one of the dealers with a stock A8 on their showroom floor today - bought it - and have already driven it home.

There's no excuse for a stock order to be on a dealers showroom floor, when sold orders were entered into the system - on the first day allowed
Old 08-30-2014, 08:38 PM
CUSA
Racer

Default Here's the latest Hot Off the Press! TD

Originally Posted by CUSA
Originally Posted by laborsmith

"The following has been previously stated but I think bears repeating: once the vehicle is at status 4200 responsibility is in the hands of dispatch, a wholly unowned by GM entity."

No, Wrong!

I'm at 4200 and it means nothing, not even when the Delivery is across the street! The Museum won't even acknowledge it, they say they "have to wait until it has been released by the Factory"! Then they say they "don't know what 4200 is?" WTF I'll join you!
Originally Posted by FCCCVPMan
I looked... I was staying at the Hotel and was taking to the drivers and they let me inspect the cars.

All you need to do is see the underside of the car. Very easy to do on a hailer.
Quote Originally Posted by FCCCVPMan
Can I get a update to my order please.

Order Number RVHZJB / KY

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Hi,

Your vehicle is hanging out at the plant waiting to ship out. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!"
Andraya (assisting Marissa)
Chevrolet Customer Care
======================================== ======================================== ====
Quote Originally Posted by CUSA
Hello CCC!

May I please have an update:

RWWQ8V MI

Thank you!
----------------------------------
"Hi CUSA,

Your vehicle is at the plant, waiting to ship out. Check in again soon!"

Andraya (assisting Marissa)
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by CUSA; 08-30-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:51 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I can assure you that Duntov and McLellan (and Hill and Wallace, for that matter) had nothing to do with the sequence in which cars got shipped; neither does Juechter. If you're pissed about how it's playing out, so be it. Please don't imply that it's Tadge's fault, though.

another one of those "the head guy - really doesn't have any control"

Blame properly placed.

Oh, and BTW... thanks for your concern with a fellow Corvette enthusiast.

This is how you help your fellow Corvette enthusiast:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587717137
You do understand that the Corvette Chief Engineer is not the guy who drives the train, correct?
Old 08-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

You do understand that the Corvette Chief Engineer is not the guy who drives the train, correct?
so, you're one of those that thinks the head person - isn't ultimately responsible. Every time I run into people like you lately, this question always pops-up in my mind:

how many times did you vote during the last national election ?
Old 08-31-2014, 10:58 AM
AustinVettes
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 21 Posts

so, you're one of those that thinks the head person - isn't ultimately responsible. Every time I run into people like you lately, this question always pops-up in my mind:

Why stop with Tadge? I mean, with this kind of delay, isn' the only plausible explanation that both Mary Barra and Obama himself conspired to keep your Corvette in the lot just to screw with you specifically? There's literally no other likely explanation. Has to be a feminist and liberal conspiracy.

Every day you seem to be spinning more and more out of control. Relax. All this stress isn't going to get the car to you any faster.

Last edited by AustinVettes; 08-31-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

so, you're one of those that thinks the head person - isn't ultimately resonsible. Every time I run into people like you lately, this question always pops-up in my mind:

He's responsible for the design of the car, not the sequencing of shipping. I'm sorry, but you're dead wrong on this one. This has nothing to do with not agreeing with you that your car should have been shipped a long time ago (which I do) or in not being supportive of a fellow Corvette guy (which I am). It's just that your claim that Tadge Juechter is responsible for the fact that your car hasn't shipped is just plain mistaken, period. Tadge has nothing whatsoever to do with that aspect of the program. In fact, the people who do manage the shipping process don't even report to Tadge. Someone is clearly responsible but it's not the people who you've chosen to call out.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:03 AM
CUSA
Racer

Default From "the Guy who drives the train":

From another thread:

Originally Posted by artz66
The thing that holds your cars up in rail yards is getting enough rail cars together that need to go to a place. Then they switch out and rebuild trains every so often along the way.

I just brought a train full of new silverados and camaros down from Chicago to Saint Louis. Haven't had the pleasure of having any corvettes on my train yet. Hopefully by summer I'll be ordering my 2015. Enjoy it when you get it.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:03 AM
rocket68
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Saw a load of 15's leaving the factory on Thursday afternoon. They are on the way to make someone happy.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:13 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Originally Posted by rocket68
Saw a load of 15's leaving the factory on Thursday afternoon. They are on the way to make someone happy.
Unless they're on their way to a railroad yard in Toledo where they'll just sit indefinitely.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM
CUSA
Racer

Originally Posted by rocket68
Unless they're on their way to a railroad yard in Toledo where they'll just sit indefinitely.
Which could be 24 hours or less........................and they Will Make Someone(s) Happy(No "unless") (eventually)

Last edited by CUSA; 08-31-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

I'm sorry, but you're dead wrong on this one. This has nothing to do with not agreeing with you that your car should have been shipped a long time ago (which I do) or in not being supportive of a fellow Corvette guy (which I am). It's just that your claim that Tadge Juechter is responsible for the fact that your car hasn't shipped is just plain mistaken...
I don't think you get it. Being the 21st century now... we've lost a lot.

It's called: "having ballz"

Duntov & McLellan would of threatened to walk if they thought any part of the Corvette process wasn't being handled properly.

Because of this, these two didn't need to "threaten" all that much; as GM and Chevrolet knew these chief engineers had the nads to walk. And because of this they usually got their way without having to force the issue. Both Dyuntov and McLellan were car guys first; and company-men second

When a person heads up an entire project like this, they are ultimately responsible.

To fix this - it takes someone at the top to get it done. Whether they are the ones who are the root cause or not... is moot.

My 2015 still sits in the back lot of the factory; right now; unshipped. It was ordered on the first day possible; allocated on the first day allowed; and built during the second day of production; but will be one of the last A8's of the hold-group to be put on a truck towards it's customer.

I would of never imagined in a million years - that an 18 YO could of stopped by a Chevrolet dealership Friday or Saturday; convinced his parents to co-sign for a new A8 stock-ordered Corvette sitting in the showroom, and could have driven & wrecked it already... while mine and many other enthusiasts (that was ordered & were built much earlier) are still sitting in the back lot unshipped.

Whatever corrections and/or fine-tuning the process may receive due to our feedback... may improve your next Corvette to be placed on order.
Fortunately; my C7 (if it ever gets shipped) won't see any rail service.

If it makes you feel any better, I do place Tadge up high on the list of Corvette Chief Engineers; just below Duntov and McLellan. And I put Hill at the very bottom of the list.

Last edited by Mike Mercury; 08-31-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:35 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[IDuntov & McLellan would of threatened to walk if they thought any part of the Corvette process wasn't being handled properly.][/I]

Could be true, I do not know. We do know neither always got everything and neither walked and as far as I know the Corvette always survived each time GM managers decided to kill it. But what this has to do with shipping protocols escapes me.

It is difficult to define your issue because 4150 usually indicates the unit is about to be released to the shipper. In fact, that is what I have long thought it meant. In your case it is apparent that may not be so but buried in the back lot is a least likely scenario.

I am not saying there is a spectacularly good reason orders produced after your order have been dealer delivered and yours has not. And there may not be a good reason or even any reason other than "things happen."

My suggestion: never do a retail sold order again. The roller coaster ride that some find exhilarating others find not to be endured.

Oh, not directed to me, but I only voted one time in the last national election, just as I only vote one time in each election that comes my way, whether local, state, national or primary. But that is just me and has nothing to do with how a shipper decides what will be shipped and when.

Laborsmith

Last edited by laborsmith; 09-01-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:28 PM
MY70THAnv
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can tell you first hand that I'm tired of the BS that Gm and people at the Corvette Plant itself have given me and the double speek I have recived.

As many of you know my car was built on the first day of production and was the #10 car made for MY 2015. I under stand the 2 week QC if thats what the want to call it. The problem is the cars that where built first and as such the first out of the QC, many have not come home yet. The higher Vin#'s have not only shipped but have been del. This is not just the M7 but also A8 Cars. I was told buy Josh and Jeff both GM Corvette guys in the know that gave me such a week answer. Then there is the CCC that will only give vage info and the tracking system thats a joke at best.

I know the GM and Corvette apologist say its not this or that persons fault but when you buy GM most expensive car they should treat the buyer with more resecpt.

Last edited by MY70THAnv; 08-31-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:32 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

As much as those waiting on early build cars may not want to hear it but it's quite possible they found something in the early batch cars and are using the time to correct it before they ship......

Get notified of new replies

To Any news on the 2015 release date for shipping

Old 08-31-2014, 11:44 PM
MY70THAnv
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
As much as those waiting on early build cars may not want to hear it but it's quite possible they found something in the early batch cars and are using the time to correct it before they ship......
If that was the case a simple email to my dealer with a explanation to that effect would stop all the guess work. the problen Vin# 5 has been Del. my was only 5 behind.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:54 AM
whitting63
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Default shipping probleme

My car was built 8/13 still parked at BG My dealer has in stock 8sp auto for sale on the showroom floor not a sold order car .Some thing just is not right
Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FCCCVPMan
If that was the case a simple email to my dealer with a explanation to that effect would stop all the guess work. the problen Vin# 5 has been Del. my was only 5 behind.
What is different with #5 vs. your car?

If you haven't already gathered, GM does not communicate with dealers regarding individual vehicles, they simply update the status code. Ask the 1000+ people who had their original 2014 quarantined for over a month if they EVER heard why, all you will hear are crickets.

Your car hasn't shipped because GM hasn't released it and as crappy as it sounds you will probably never know why.

Quick Reply: Any news on the 2015 release date for shipping