Sponsored by:

Allocations and timing...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Aceman
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Allocations and timing...

Can someone explain to me how the allocations work?

So the way i am understanding it, a dealer will get their monthly allocations - when do they get notified that they have a allocation for the month? how many days do they have to fill the allocation?

So i guess i'm asking if a dealer gets 24 cars a year, 2 per month, when does GM release the 2 per month if this is the way its done (i could be totally wrong so any info is appreciated!)

Aceman
Old 08-22-2014, 11:06 AM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Allocations are issued every 2 weeks, on Thursday. I think yesterday was allocation day. They have until the following Tuesday to enter their orders against allocation.

Your assumption of an equal monthly division of the yearly allocation isn't necessarily the way it will work out, but it certainly could.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

If a dealer only gets 24 cars in a year (and that is more than many get), then you better not order anything that is constrained because your chances of that low volume dealer getting your constraints with their allocation is really diminished.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

You beat me to the punch Paul. I was going to say if they only get 24 cars a year, OP is better seeking a bigger dealer. Much bigger!!!
Originally Posted by Zymurgy
If a dealer only gets 24 cars in a year (and that is more than many get), then you better not order anything that is constrained because your chances of that low volume dealer getting your constraints with their allocation is really diminished.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Aceman
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks guys. I have some flexibility in my order w/ regards to constraints, and this dealer is local and took my supplier discount. Frankly - in the winter i don't drive it anyway so hopefully i'll get placed in the next month/two and will just be a little more patient than usual.

Appreciate the info!

Aceman
Old 08-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
You beat me to the punch Paul. I was going to say if they only get 24 cars a year, OP is better seeking a bigger dealer. Much bigger!!!
Jim, I'm John. Talon90 is Paul.

Get notified of new replies

To Allocations and timing...

Quick Reply: Allocations and timing...