Sponsored by:

NY to Bowling Green to Carlisle to NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Default NY to Bowling Green to Carlisle to NY

My son and I did a 2,000 mile trip from Long Island to Bowling Green to Carlisle back to Long Island in the C7 this past week. To sum it up in one word "Perfect!"
Did the trip in 5 days. The museum and the plant tour were good fun - except to see the Vettes damaged from the sink hole. Factory tour was interesting and informative. Because the big event in Bowling Green is next week the museum was relatively empty and no wait for the plant tour.
Corvettes at Carlisle was, as usual, a good day (Friday). It ends Sunday. Not many C7s so if you're going with your C7, you'll be a hit there. Lots of lookers and questions.
The trip was flawless. The C7 everything you would want in a long distance, haul *** when you need to, nice place comfortable to be when you're stuck in traffic kind of car...
Did 130 mph in a downhill stretch in West Viginia and handled like a dream in the curves. My son owns a '08 ZO6 was inpressed (and it takes a lot to impress him.). His only negative comment is that "it's too sophisticated, almost too perfect...." He trives on raw intense outright ***** out power and 10 10ths driving. We hit some really intense sudden rainfall going into Kentucky and it never hydroplaned, never lost a bit of traction. With semi's every mile or so passing us or us passing them we never felt the airflow pushing us away or sucking us closer. It is great!
Nothing I can complain or suggest improvement on.

Last edited by Crossed Flags Fan; 08-23-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:52 PM
nygsvert
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

2k mile road trip in a brand new vette? That's gangster
Old 08-24-2014, 12:02 AM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

The c7 is a great road trip car, I use the weather mode in the rain and it handles downpours better than I expected.

Get notified of new replies

To NY to Bowling Green to Carlisle to NY

Quick Reply: NY to Bowling Green to Carlisle to NY