Old 08-27-2014, 07:13 PM
davekp78
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Default Courtesy Delivery in Central Florida

Anyone got a car courtesy delivered in central Florida? I'm on the east coast (Merritt Island).
Thanks!
Dave
Old 08-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Jordan M
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave pawlowski
Anyone got a car courtesy delivered in central Florida? I'm on the east coast (Merritt Island).
Thanks!
Dave
Hey Dave, I just put my order in Monday for a 15, and first looked for an Orlando dealer, but no dice... Did however find a dealer closer to me in Jacksonville who's doing the courtesy for $250... Almost 2.5 hour drive from you, but not too bad if you don't find one close. Let me know.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:45 PM
davekp78
Melting Slicks

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist
2015 C2 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Jordan M
Hey Dave, I just put my order in Monday for a 15, and first looked for an Orlando dealer, but no dice... Did however find a dealer closer to me in Jacksonville who's doing the courtesy for $250... Almost 2.5 hour drive from you, but not too bad if you don't find one close. Let me know.
Thanks!
Still looking for someone closer but Jax is do-able.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
3ric
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through the same search in Central FL and was able to get ahold of a guy at Starling Chevrolet in Kissimmee, FL that will do it for $499. If you want his contact info PM me.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Black dragon
Heel & Toe

Got a courtesy delivery to George Nahas in Wildwood for $350, it's about 45 mins outside of Orlando.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:47 PM
Raisin Man
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ric
I just went through the same search in Central FL and was able to get ahold of a guy at Starling Chevrolet in Kissimmee, FL that will do it for $499. If you want his contact info PM me.
Gentlemen,

Don't be fooled. These courtesy dealer delivery fees are increasing rapidly. I suppose some of this could be called the "revenge of the Chevy dealer with no Corvette allocation" syndrome. How much real value or convenience are these courtesy dealers adding anyway?

Be thinking about the economics of what's going on with these "courtesy deliveries". Pricing of courtesy deliveries have increased significantly in recent months - to the point where you can almost ship a new Vette from the selling dealer to your home for the same cost as a courtesy delivery. The protective cover added by Bowling Green Assembly should make car transport via an open trailer from the selling dealer a viable option.

Dealers offering courtesy deliveries have every economic incentive to raise courtesy delivery prices to levels just short of third-party vehicle shipment costs - and it looks like they're doing so. Why not have the vehicle prepped by the selling dealer and delivered near your home? The cost difference between a courtesy delivery versus transport from the selling dealer to your home looks to be no more than 1% (usually less) on a $60K vehicle.

Why go to the trouble of locating a courtesy delivery dealer offering an attractive price? The difference is peanuts.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Jordan M
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raisin Man
Gentlemen,

Don't be fooled. These courtesy dealer delivery fees are increasing rapidly. I suppose some of this could be called the "revenge of the Chevy dealer with no Corvette allocation" syndrome. How much real value or convenience are these courtesy dealers adding anyway?

Be thinking about the economics of what's going on with these "courtesy deliveries". Pricing of courtesy deliveries have increased significantly in recent months - to the point where you can almost ship a new Vette from the selling dealer to your home for the same cost as a courtesy delivery. The protective cover added by Bowling Green Assembly should make car transport via an open trailer from the selling dealer a viable option.

Dealers offering courtesy deliveries have every economic incentive to raise courtesy delivery prices to levels just short of third-party vehicle shipment costs - and it looks like they're doing so. Why not have the vehicle prepped by the selling dealer and delivered near your home? The cost difference between a courtesy delivery versus transport from the selling dealer to your home looks to be no more than 1% (usually less) on a $60K vehicle.

Why go to the trouble of locating a courtesy delivery dealer offering an attractive price? The difference is peanuts.
Well, $250 for a courtesy delivery, 15 miles from the house, is a hell of a lot cheaper than the $1000 or more it would cost to ship from New Hampshire (MacMulkin)...
Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Black dragon
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Raisin Man
Gentlemen,

It's a simple math equation, $350 is less than $1,000. Not sure what value you're adding to the thread, the OP wanted to know courtesy delivery dealers in Central FL.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:57 AM
niemczyk
Heel & Toe

Default Courtesy delivery to nahas chev

Who did you deal with at Nahas Chevrolet?

Got a courtesy delivery to George Nahas in Wildwood for $350, it's about 45 mins outside of Orlando.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Black dragon
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by niemczyk
Who did you deal with at Nahas Chevrolet?

Your Mackulkin sales rep will organize the courtesy delivery with Nahas. Nahas will call you when the vehicle arrives and let you know when to pick it up. Specifically, I dealt with John at Nahas, he goes by Johny "O". Also, regarding the paperwork with mackulkin, I held off in signing/sending the odometer statement, PDI checklist and we owe you notice until i reviewed the vehicle at Nahas. Process was simple and straight forward. Let me know if you need anything else.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy Delivery in Central Florida

Quick Reply: Courtesy Delivery in Central Florida