Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

You can get 5K-7K off MSRP on a 2015 from Kerbeck, Z51 and all. If I wasn't getting a Z06, I would definitely buy from them, transport covered on a Uship bid ("Reliable" or similar transport) and be thousands ahead.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:47 AM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vtech
Getting close to make a purchase for a new C7. Can anyone share with me the dealers in the Southern CA that seem to be offering the best discounts on C7's. Thanks
I spent some time talking to a dealer in the Palm Springs area while I was on vacation, there (I had already ordered mine). He was quite up front with me about why he was marking up his C7s to $5K above MSRP. "Because I can get it!" he told me. He wasn't kidding. I saw his whiteboard over on the edge of the showroom floor with the names of at least 15 buyers awaiting their deliveries - all ordered at the inflated price. Greed? Avarice? Or - in his eyes - simply what the market will bear.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 AM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

Purchased mine from out of state too.. Dealers here have enough sheep to keep the prices.. I mean if I found one that wanted to deal but after the 6th or so call it looked bleak, so across the State lines I went..
Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 PM
SCOTSTERN
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just bought a Z51 Convertible with a 10-27 TPW from an OHIO dealer that offered $4K off of MSRP and shipping in an enclosed trailer for $1,700. He also ordered it with the CA SMOG package.

The San Diego Dealers are all smoking something. They think that these things are golden. I was so thrilled when I saw That the boys over at Bob Stall were "stuck" with a bunch of 2014s that were $5K over MSRP. Greed kills!
Old 10-08-2014, 04:08 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

I guess I am not the only person having trouble with So Cal dealers. I am new to Corvette and most dealers are asking for 5K markup for ordering a 2015 Z51. I will try to find a good dealer this week and place the order.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:16 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Sounds like the SoCal Chevy dealers are selling new Corvettes to a very select group of humans: Morons and Millionaires.

If you don't fit either of those categories look elsewhere.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Algiers
Pro

Originally Posted by AliZ51
I guess I am not the only person having trouble with So Cal dealers. I am new to Corvette and most dealers are asking for 5K markup for ordering a 2015 Z51. I will try to find a good dealer this week and place the order.
If you don't find one, I suggest ordering from an out of state dealer and getting it courtesy delivered here. I ordered a 2015 Z51 coupe from Dennis Tap at Les Stanford in Michigan and had it courtesy delivered to Crest Chevy in San Bernadino. I got about $6k off MSRP with the credit union discount and only paid $425 for the courtesy delivery. I didn't have to do any smog stuff either. Other large forum dealers will likely be very competitive on prices as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:50 PM
C7Bill
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SoCal

I just got my car yesterday from Rick Conti, Coughlin Corvette. I'm in SoCal. I ordered the car back in June. He put me on his list and submitted my order the first day the factory was accepting them. My car was built on the second day of production #236. I got $3,000 off. He never even asked for a deposit. I would have gotten the car a month ago but I've been out of the country. Shipping from Ohio to Long Beach was $1,700. The company he uses is first class. The driver left my house to drive to San Diego to pick up a load of Bentley's. Great to deal with!!
Old 10-08-2014, 06:52 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Originally Posted by Algiers
If you don't find one, I suggest ordering from an out of state dealer and getting it courtesy delivered here. I ordered a 2015 Z51 coupe from Dennis Tap at Les Stanford in Michigan and had it courtesy delivered to Crest Chevy in San Bernadino. I got about $6k off MSRP with the credit union discount and only paid $425 for the courtesy delivery. I didn't have to do any smog stuff either. Other large forum dealers will likely be very competitive on prices as well.
Great tip. I also have credit union. I assume the car was built to CA standards when it comes to smog requirements, correct?
Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great tip. I also have credit union. I assume the car was built to CA standards when it comes to smog requirements, correct?
It will get ordered with YF5 California Emissions. Mine is inbound to Crest, Les Stanford was my selling dealer. Les Stanford charges a $200 doc fee on top of the supplier/Credit Union pricing.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:17 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Bill
I just got my car yesterday from Rick Conti, Coughlin Corvette. I'm in SoCal. I ordered the car back in June. He put me on his list and submitted my order the first day the factory was accepting them. My car was built on the second day of production #236. I got $3,000 off. He never even asked for a deposit. I would have gotten the car a month ago but I've been out of the country. Shipping from Ohio to Long Beach was $1,700. The company he uses is first class. The driver left my house to drive to San Diego to pick up a load of Bentley's. Great to deal with!!
You could have received the same $3,000 discount and had the car drop shipped to a local dealer straight from the factory and paid the dealer a courtesy delivery fee of about $300 instead of paying $1700 to ship the car.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
You could have received the same $3,000 discount and had the car drop shipped to a local dealer straight from the factory and paid the dealer a courtesy delivery fee of about $300 instead of paying $1700 to ship the car.
I called kerbeck earlier and this was not an option. They said the car would be delivered to their location and I would have to arrange my own transportation from NJ to CA. I would love to pay $300 or even $500 and have the car drop ship to a local dealer.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 AM
dcowles
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 67 Posts

I called kerbeck earlier and this was not an option. They said the car would be delivered to their location and I would have to arrange my own transportation from NJ to CA. I would love to pay $300 or even $500 and have the car drop ship to a local dealer.
Sounds like you are getting a car that is already on order. If you place a new order, you should be able to get the car delivered to a local dealer. That is what I am doing with Fichtner/Rimrock Chevrolet. I am having it delivered to a dealer hear in Orange County straight from the factory.

Dan
Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 AM
dcowles
Racer

Originally Posted by Algiers
Just curious. I am doing a courtesy delivery to a dealer here in Orange County and had a question. When you pick up your car from the dealer that you are getting the courtesy delivery, do they do the CA registration then and collect the sales tax or do you have to go to the DMV and do that separately? I believe that you get temp tags from your original dealer that sold you the car, correct? So you get out of state temp tags?
Old 10-09-2014, 12:39 AM
5thGear
Drifting

Originally Posted by dcowles
Sounds like you are getting a car that is already on order. If you place a new order, you should be able to get the car delivered to a local dealer. That is what I am doing with Fichtner/Rimrock Chevrolet. I am having it delivered to a dealer hear in Orange County straight from the factory.

Dan
Hey Dan, no the car will be ordered based on the options I am requesting. I will PM you.

Last edited by 5thGear; 10-09-2014 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:50 AM
2from53
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious. I am doing a courtesy delivery to a dealer here in Orange County and had a question. When you pick up your car from the dealer that you are getting the courtesy delivery, do they do the CA registration then and collect the sales tax or do you have to go to the DMV and do that separately? I believe that you get temp tags from your original dealer that sold you the car, correct? So you get out of state temp tags?
I did a courtesy delivery to an OC dealer from MacMulkin. You pay the taxes and registration directly to the delivering dealer. You get a temporary CA registration just like when you buy a car in CA. No trip to the DMV or any need for a smog check.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:55 AM
dcowles
Racer

Originally Posted by 2from53
I did a courtesy delivery to an OC dealer from MacMulkin. You pay the taxes and registration directly to the delivering dealer. You get a temporary CA registration just like when you buy a car in CA. No trip to the DMV or any need for a smog check.
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's

Old 10-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Fatcatrc
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to buy in California try Boardwalk Chevrolet just south of San Francisco. Tim did a great job for me. I flew in from Lax got the car by 2pm. Drove to Carmel for the nite and was back in OC the next day.

MSRP Z51 no CU discount and I got price protected.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Algiers
Pro

You might try another dealership then if you haven't already pulled the trigger there. Courtesy delivery can be done by anyone as long as they are willing to do it.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Algiers
Pro

My dealer rolled it all into the price and sent a check to courtesy dealership. It all works out the same but could be helpful if you're financing. No DMV trips either way.

Quick Reply: Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's