Sponsored by:

Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:28 PM
vtech
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's

Getting close to make a purchase for a new C7. Can anyone share with me the dealers in the Southern CA that seem to be offering the best discounts on C7's

Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 12:08 AM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Good luck on that in SoCal, I orderd mine in SoCal at a dealer close to me that has a TPW of 09-15-14, as up to now he has been honest with me. I have a e-mail from him that says (supplier accepted), the order workbench with my name and have given a deposit on the car. Should be hear the first part of October. Now I have been told that they won't be accepting any more supplier (this dealer). I hope I do not have any problem when the price when the car get here, my order work bench is dated 07-05-14 so I should have the price protection. Your best bet would be form one of the huge inventory out of state and delivered in SoCal.

Last edited by C2367; 09-04-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 AM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by vtech
Getting close to make a purchase for a new C7. Can anyone share with me the dealers in the Southern CA that seem to be offering the best discounts on C7's

Thanks
Fichtner (now Rimrock) Chevrolet in Montana! Call Ken or Cathy. I live in SoCal and have bought my last two Corvettes from them. Unless you have a close friend or family member who is a high-up manager at a SoCal dealership, I don't know of any deals to be had locally.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll throw another vote to an out of state purchase. You might have better luck now but when I called around earlier this year there were no deals to be had. You can always order from a big forum dealer and have it sent as a courtesy delivery to a local dealership.
I would also suggest looking into supplier or credit union discounts. You can save a lot of money as long as you can find a dealer that accepts them.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 AM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
F*ck SoCal dealers. Arrogant greedy *****. Go out of state and have it courtesy delivered. That's what I'm doing with my 2015 on order now to SoCal.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:30 AM
5150 BRD
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I bought mine from Maxie Price in Atlanta because of the over-sticker prices in SoCal. Don't blame the dealers. There are people who will pay the higher price. And, prices are still there. I took my car in for the first oil change and the dealer still is asking 5K to 8K over sticker.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:36 AM
vtech
Burning Brakes

Default Follow up

Originally Posted by 5150 BRD
I bought mine from Maxie Price in Atlanta because of the over-sticker prices in SoCal. Don't blame the dealers. There are people who will pay the higher price. And, prices are still there. I took my car in for the first oil change and the dealer still is asking 5K to 8K over sticker.

Thank you for all your follow up's. Yes, that is what I am finding, these SO CA Dealers are all asking for large markups. Wow, good luck if they can get it, I will go for a out of state Delivery and thanks for all the referred dealers.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Skidplate
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by adamsocb
Fichtner (now Rimrock) Chevrolet in Montana! Call Ken or Cathy. I live in SoCal and have bought my last two Corvettes from them. Unless you have a close friend or family member who is a high-up manager at a SoCal dealership, I don't know of any deals to be had locally.
I emailed Fichtner about discounts and received the following:

"Non-Z51 coupes and convertibles - We are honoring the special price programs, i.e. Credit Union, Educator, Military, Supplier and Employee plus $499 process fee."
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 PM
sbuck863
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I got mine at MSRP from Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge, CA, ordered in July of last year and delivered in October (one of the first in SoCal). There were no added markups or extras - the salesman I dealt with was Theo Sojourn.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:20 PM
socaljet
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I paid window for my order at Mountain View Chev. in Upland. Talk with Nick sr
Old 09-04-2014, 09:52 PM
adamsocb
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by socaljet
I paid window for my order at Mountain View Chev. in Upland. Talk with Nick sr
My neighbor got his from MVC as well. MVC is a good store, I leased my Spark EV there and I use their service department often. We just couldn't make a Corvette deal work when I was ordering.

Last edited by adamsocb; 09-04-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:01 PM
rlhtroy@aol.com
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Supplier Discount and GM Credit Card

Just got a call from my dealer today and he informed me that I could not use a supplier discount and the $2800 from my GM credit card on the purchase of my new Vette. I can see how that can happen. The credit card
earned $ have no relation to the discount I work out with my dealer. Very disappointed with the credit card... it goes in the drawer!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Ltespd
Instructor

Originally Posted by iLLuSiON38
F*ck SoCal dealers. Arrogant greedy *****. Go out of state and have it courtesy delivered. That's what I'm doing with my 2015 on order now to SoCal.
Ordered mine from Les Stanford. SoCal dealers suck imho.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:30 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

so cal chevy dealers have always been overcharging for their vettes. They think they are made of gold and charge accordingly. I bought all 6 of my vettes out of ca. I just went and picked them up where ever I bought from. Its a great excuse for a road trip! Unless you do the courtesy delivery you will need to have a smog certification and a vin verification even though its a brand new car. Just more stupid california laws and regulations. Oh, and of course you will have to pay the dmv sales tax on the car if the out of state dealer does not collect it which they usually will not do.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:39 AM
vtech
Burning Brakes

Default Follow up

Originally Posted by bearphoto
so cal chevy dealers have always been overcharging for their vettes. They think they are made of gold and charge accordingly. I bought all 6 of my vettes out of ca. I just went and picked them up where ever I bought from. Its a great excuse for a road trip! Unless you do the courtesy delivery you will need to have a smog certification and a vin verification even though its a brand new car. Just more stupid california laws and regulations. Oh, and of course you will have to pay the dmv sales tax on the car if the out of state dealer does not collect it which they usually will not do.
Thanks again to all of you - yes, I purchased my 2012 C6 from MVC. They were offering $11,000 off the 1LT in 2012 - great deal but toward the era of the C6.

May just wait until after February 2015 - have to believe this SO CAL dealers will start being competitive with discounts if they want to sell C7's
Old 09-05-2014, 01:51 AM
iLLuSiON38
Instructor

Thanks again to all of you - yes, I purchased my 2012 C6 from MVC. They were offering $11,000 off the 1LT in 2012 - great deal but toward the era of the C6.

May just wait until after February 2015 - have to believe this SO CAL dealers will start being competitive with discounts if they want to sell C7's
Try the forum dealers.. If you're not getting at least 4k off MSRP from SoCal dealers, even without supplier, then go out of state..

Courtesy delivery should be around $300-$500 to your SoCal dealer.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:44 PM
doopoco
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
I checked with So Cal dealers and none would offer any discount on a 2015. I just picked one up from Kerbeck in Atlantic City and a $5500 discount and got exactly the car I wanted. They have literally 100s in stock. It was somewhat surreal seeing so many all in one place. We were back visiting family anyway and drove it back. Enclosed delivery costs about $2000.00.

Get notified of new replies

To Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's

Old 10-06-2014, 01:06 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by doopoco
I checked with So Cal dealers and none would offer any discount on a 2015. I just picked one up from Kerbeck in Atlantic City and a $5500 discount and got exactly the car I wanted. They have literally 100s in stock. It was somewhat surreal seeing so many all in one place. We were back visiting family anyway and drove it back. Enclosed delivery costs about $2000.00.
I got my crystal red vert from Amoni at Kerbeck in February and shipped it myself. Great service and 10 days from wiring a deposit to car dropped at my front door.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sbuck863
I got mine at MSRP from Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge, CA, ordered in July of last year and delivered in October (one of the first in SoCal). There were no added markups or extras - the salesman I dealt with was Theo Sojourn.
I also have my order in with Rydell in Northridge. Vicki Marasco, Fleet Sales Manger. No incentives but she did say that I could use $3000.00 off my GM card. I have that in writing.
I have a TPW of 10-27
Old 10-06-2014, 07:10 PM
GM-4-LIFE
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

If/when I order from an out of state dealer, I always go through James Quinn at Les Stanford in Dearborn, MI. Les Stanford is the number 2 Vette volume dealer. James is the best to deal with! He really is! Why go anywhere else?

Quick Reply: Southern California Dealers - Best discounts on new C7's