C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015's Stop-Sale - When is GM Going to tell us what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:23 AM
Tjenkins00
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of cars have issues and recalls are very widespread. They just don't get press. I own a 2010 prius and it's had four recalls. The last was eight months ago and they changed the brake master cylinder. $2500 job, parts and labor, with Toyota on a 5 yr old car with 60000 miles. Brand new in 2009 the car cost me 22K. You have to think, this car is up there with exotics for less than half the price. (I'm talking the 1LT) 55K with any discount can get you a Z51. I would assume some of those parts are from the lowest bidder and every once in awhile, that'll show. It happens to many other cars as well....
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by richelu
Two questions for you,
1. Who would you rather fix the problem, the factory that knows the car very well or the dealer where you hope they pay attention to the steps involved in the fix?
2. Which one is likely to cause GM less and actually makes more sense?
As far as who fixes it, that all depends on what has to be fixed. If its an airbag module swap, I have no problem with the dealer doing it.

Cost is a tough one because there is so much involved, but I can't see it costing a whole lot for them to have the dealer fix it. We just don't know what it costs to store the cars there then to deal with the backlog of shipping the cars out. Not to mention that the sooner they get the cars to customers the sooner money is collected for an item they've already paid to have built. I'm sure someone at GM has this equation.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:41 AM
richelu
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_Davis
As far as who fixes it, that all depends on what has to be fixed. If its an airbag module swap, I have no problem with the dealer doing it.

Cost is a tough one because there is so much involved, but I can't see it costing a whole lot for them to have the dealer fix it. We just don't know what it costs to store the cars there then to deal with the backlog of shipping the cars out. Not to mention that the sooner they get the cars to customers the sooner money is collected for an item they've already paid to have built. I'm sure someone at GM has this equation.

Valid points, but there is a reason that Chevy keeps all the corvettes they produce in BG for a two week quality control hold and it is not because they look pretty on the lot.

They obviously have already investigated the "equation" and have determined that it costs them less to fix any problems discovered in BG than the cost associated with addressing fixes in the "field".
Old 09-18-2014, 03:29 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good. A couple of people will get a good deal on a really great car.

An unattached emergency brake cable and a bad airbag module on a few cars and that's it? Perhaps you should just move into a cave and get rid of anything built in the last 150 years. Do you want to know what's really "under the hood" of all the other things you depend on? Cell phones...power grid....hospital equipment...aircraft....traffic control systems....and on and on and on.
yep...some people may think'' they are , but i know for a FACT just what they are getting .
as for brake cables and air bag LOL thats just what you know NOW.
i still own more vettes and like them and i know whats under the hood of them .......and yes i do want to know whats ''under the hood '' of things i depend on only a fool wouldn't .
i hope everyone gets a perfect car and they alll enjoy them but based on the two new ones ive own i don't trust them .
i'm sure the cars will be let go soon ! but me ,,,, if they can't get something ( else ) like an air bag and e. brake right i would sure be checking under the hood ..............
but back on post ...my dealer said he has some comming in so i guess they will be showing up soon .
everyone injoy those new rides .................
Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
.......and yes i do want to know whats ''under the hood '' of things i depend on only a fool wouldn't .
And yet you have no understanding whatsoever.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:37 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

And yet you have no understanding whatsoever.
whats up with you , do i know you ? because you sure don't know me .
or what my understanding of anything is .
i did not like or trust the 14's i bought and with prob's with the 15's already i'm not going to rush out as planed and buy that z. so you can stop with the personal atacks,and get back on post.
what i said was a statement not a q. try and understand that.you might also try owning a few of these cars or atleast 1.
now have a great day .

now to the people looking for thier cars ..... my dealer said he had 3 new 15s comming about a week from now so it seems they are letting some of the cars go . he nad no word on fixes .

Last edited by lastcowboy; 09-19-2014 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:07 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

now to the people looking for thier cars ..... my dealer said he had 3 new 15s comming about a week from now so it seems they are letting some of the cars go . he nad no word on fixes .
My dealer said my car was "released" on Wednesday. He said there was no work performed on it at all.

I think GM was being overly cautious.

On a plane right now to pick upy beauty!
Old 09-19-2014, 06:32 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
My dealer said my car was "released" on Wednesday. He said there was no work performed on it at all.

Call me when you leave the dealership.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:41 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

injoy
Old 09-19-2014, 08:28 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

'bout time !!!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Nate@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 336 Likes on 126 Posts

We have a Stingray heading our way as well.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

whats up with you , do i know you ? because you sure don't know me .
or what my understanding of anything is .
i did not like or trust the 14's i bought and with prob's with the 15's already i'm not going to rush out as planed and buy that z. so you can stop with the personal atacks,and get back on post.
what i said was a statement not a q. try and understand that.you might also try owning a few of these cars or atleast 1.
now have a great day .
Sure I know you. See the likes of you all the time. You contribute nothing to these discussions but for some reason want to convince people that the C7 is no good, based, obviously, on very little understanding of the cars and engineering. Guess you have nothing better to do.

What I've seen with the C7 is a slightly high number of what I would classify as production and quality control issues, mostly of which would be classified as "minor" issues. There have been no major design flaws, at least that have come to light so far.

And to clear up more of your bad assumptions, I've owned 3 Vettes (C4, C5, and a C6) and had been driving them as a daily driver for over 20 years. My C7 is one of the ones sitting at the plant for the airbag issues waiting to get fixed and/or released. I also have 30+ years of engineering experience building communications, medical, and military equipment. So feel free to dismiss what I say.

Most of the people hear are trying to find out useful information that actually helps them, not hear someone preaching about how they hate the car and think its bad.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:34 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Sure I know you. See the likes of you all the time. You contribute nothing to these discussions but for some reason want to convince people that the C7 is no good, based, obviously, on very little understanding of the cars and engineering. Guess you have nothing better to do.

What I've seen with the C7 is a slightly high number of what I would classify as production and quality control issues, mostly of which would be classified as "minor" issues. There have been no major design flaws, at least that have come to light so far.

And to clear up more of your bad assumptions, I've owned 3 Vettes (C4, C5, and a C6) and had been driving them as a daily driver for over 20 years. My C7 is one of the ones sitting at the plant for the airbag issues waiting to get fixed and/or released. I also have 30+ years of engineering experience building communications, medical, and military equipment. So feel free to dismiss what I say.

Most of the people hear are trying to find out useful information that actually helps them, not hear someone preaching about how they hate the car and think its bad.
so you don't have a c7 and you know everything about it try reading my post . regarding o.p. your doing nothing but trolling .
and when you ''DO''' get a c7 that you can talk about . just rember one word ''KARMA''.................med. and military ..lol your nothing but a programer .so i'm taking your advise and dismissing everything you say ......now will you just go away
''and hope the real owners get thier cars , '''as i said they are letting them go this comming week and some already.'''
now have a nice day and rember karma

Last edited by lastcowboy; 09-19-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

so you don't have a c7 and you know everything about it try reading my post . regarding o.p. your doing nothing but trolling .
and when you ''DO''' get a c7 that you can talk about . just rember one word ''KARMA''.................med. and military ..lol your nothing but a programer .so i'm taking your advise and dismissing everything you say ......now will you just go away
''and hope the real owners get thier cars , '''as i said they are letting them go this comming week and some already.'''
now have a nice day and rember karma
You really shouldn't announce to everyone just how clueless you are. You obvious couldn't understand what I do. Please sell your cars and go be noise on some other forum.

10+ years on this forum and you are the second person to earn being on the ignored list. Congratulations. You are the elite. Not an easy task. You'll have to get your attention elsewhere.

Last edited by Jay_Davis; 09-19-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:53 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

injoy
Originally Posted by Mike Mercury
'bout time !!!
Originally Posted by WKMCD
Call me when you leave the dealership.
Fun day! Got 700 miles on her now!

I saw one sheet of the "Stop-Sale" Vins and there were still two VINs that were listed under Stop-Sale, they were in the 1600 or 1700's IIRC. All the ones in my range 28xx were clear forsale.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:22 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fun day! Got 700 miles on her now!

I saw one sheet of the "Stop-Sale" Vins and there were still two VINs that were listed under Stop-Sale, they were in the 1600 or 1700's IIRC. All the ones in my range 28xx were clear forsale.
Where did you see that? As you know I'm 2858 and still waiting to hear from my dealer.

David
Old 09-19-2014, 10:43 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DWG
Where did you see that? As you know I'm 2858 and still waiting to hear from my dealer.

David
When picking up my car. He had one sheet of he said "many sheets" that had my VIN and said it was ok to sell. On that one sheet, maybe 50? Cars I saw two vins that were not released.

Ask your dealership for this list!

Mine is VIN 2853 so we are only 5 apart, yours went down the same time more than likely...

Get notified of new replies

To 2015's Stop-Sale - When is GM Going to tell us what's going on?

Old 09-19-2014, 11:06 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When picking up my car. He had one sheet of he said "many sheets" that had my VIN and said it was ok to sell. On that one sheet, maybe 50? Cars I saw two vins that were not released.

Ask your dealership for this list!

Mine is VIN 2853 so we are only 5 apart, yours went down the same time more than likely...
Is you dealer Les Stanford?

David
Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DWG
Is you dealer Les Stanford?

David
No, Applegate in MI
Old 09-20-2014, 01:30 AM
67ZO6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coming soon

My coupe was assembled this week. My dealer said it missed both recalls. Chevrolet tracking site says shipped enroute. Dealer says awaiting truck. CCS on this forum has not responded to three inquiries. It's a little frustrating but still fun and I am excited. This wait will soon be over.

Quick Reply: 2015's Stop-Sale - When is GM Going to tell us what's going on?