Sponsored by:

Another blown engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 AM
Tbong
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another blown engine

June through September No resolution.......and the hits keep coming as will the defenders.......But this is not good. this engine blew in June....Still no resolve. Too bad the poor guy didn't work for Car and Driver

Don't know why I missed it earlier, but I just read through this entire thread and have only one thought: A resolution should not have taken near this long. Starting with no rental car, I would say your dealer is not the stand up group you would hope for. And did they ever clean the oil off the paint? Perhaps time for an attorney to write a stern letter to GM and dealer documenting the sequence of events and requesting a new car to get things moving. Three and a half months for a warranty failure? They are not treating you right. I worked at a BMW dealership for several years and once had a customer whose 5 Series air conditioning had to be fixed three times without success. After the third time the dealership got the customer a new car (his was a leased 2008; he ended up with a two year newer 2010 as collateral substitution). Granted he was a very nice guy, was pleasant throughout the process and had me as an advocate. But the dealership stood up for him and got him a new car. Not for a failed engine but air conditioning they could not fix. That's the kind of dealer we all should have. You deserve better than you are getting. --Bob

Last edited by Zymurgy; 09-16-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Removed link - links to other Corvette forums are not allowed
Old 09-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Yup........the numbers (just that we know of here.....) are growing.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:31 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Houston I think GM has a problem.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:52 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

This happened June 3, over three months ago, I wonder how many time this has been reported, then added up to get XX number of engine failures?
Old 09-16-2014, 02:55 AM
Tbong
Racer

And another 9/12

Come on. i know there will be apologists but GM has to know something is up with these cars.

Another early failure

2 weeks to replace torque tube now stalling issue from loose crankshaft rqr dealer to replace engine...had 3 stalls in 2 miles and took dealer 2 days to check crank endplay found crank walking forward...did torque tube rattlle come from sloppy crank or other way around?? GM district managers the only help Ive got to remedy problem so Im thankful they stand behind their product...Anyone else having STALLING ISSUES????

Last edited by Zymurgy; 09-16-2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Links to other Corvette forums not allowed
Old 09-16-2014, 02:59 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tbong
And another 9/12

Come on. i know there will be apologists but GM has to know something is up with these cars.
The sky is falling trolls far out number the apologists.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 09-16-2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Removed link
Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Tbong
Racer

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
The sky is falling trolls far out number the apologists.
"Gold Member" explains it all
I know its hard to swallow a new $65,000 car can have so many public engine failures.... Maybe Calling attention to failing engines is trolling....Trolling for some GM help for those affected while you apologists stick your heads in the sand (secretly praying every strange sound you hear is not an oncoming engine failure)

Maybe MORE of you should be asking GM for REAL ANSWERS instead of shooting the messenger....It seems according to Car and Driver they are "aware they have an issue" and yet they can replace C & Ds Engine in a day and admit they are "aware of an issue" and " analyzing its manufacturing process for a root cause" but real customers wait months? THIS IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU? This is trolling in a bad way? Shame on you..for not standing up for your Gold Star brothers who are having real issues..

Last edited by Tbong; 09-16-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:17 AM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

I know its hard to swallow a new $65,000 car can have so many public engine failures.... Maybe Calling attention to failing engines is trolling....Trolling for some GM help for those affected while you apologists stick your heads in the sand (secretly praying every strange sound you hear is not an oncoming engine failure)
Calling attention as if another one just happened, when in reality is was over three months ago and was already reported on this forum at that time?

You said in another thread you have no interest in owning a C7, just what is your agenda here?

Your creditability is falling fast.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:08 AM
kmil579
Instructor

Maybe MORE of you should be asking GM for REAL ANSWERS instead of shooting the messenger....It seems according to Car and Driver they are "aware they have an issue" and yet they can replace C & Ds Engine in a day and admit they are "aware of an issue" and " analyzing its manufacturing process for a root cause" but real customers wait months? THIS IS ACCEPTABLE TO YOU? This is trolling in a bad way? Shame on you..for not standing up for your Gold Star brothers who are having real issues..

I'll tell you what, I'll do the prudent thing and investigate this further once my C7 gets here.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

This thread was just started to stir up more sh*t. It is titled as if another engine just failed, while in fact, it was months ago. My car has 10,000 daily driving miles. Not a single problem and a far better car than my C6 was.

So, If you are afraid to buy a Stingray because you think the engine will blow, don't. There are some on this forum who chime in at every hint of a C7 flaw.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:54 AM
396tears
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Boing boing bong bong
Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

It's also here on CF

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...wn-engine.html

I think I've read about 9 or so failures now...
Old 09-16-2014, 07:01 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Why start a new thread for your comment instead of simply replying to the original thread? Why give your thread a deliberately deceptive title? Because you want to set a record for the number of "ignore" hits?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Lomison
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree...the trolls are making the forum almost unbearable. There is so much good stuff about this Corvette and the trolls are going crazy over some early production (not design) issues. My local dealership has not had a single one of their Stingray's (14 or 15) in for any service...no issues...no blown engines. I just ordered a 2015...can't wait to get it. I was also informed that GM has initiated a new procedure for dealerships just prior to delivery to a customer to ensure there isn't any issue with metal in the engine.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 AM
DerStig
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh god, and I was getting flamed in my reliability thread. This is terrible!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:36 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,925 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK
Calling attention as if another one just happened, when in reality is was over three months ago and was already reported on this forum at that time?

You said in another thread you have no interest in owning a C7, just what is your agenda here?

Your creditability is falling fast.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This thread should be locked by the mods.
It's nothing more than flame-bait and an attempt to cause a "grab the torches" mentality.
S.

Get notified of new replies

To Another blown engine

Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 AM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm keeping my C6
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 AM
cmicasa
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I find it interesting that the GM has a true and solid hit in the new C7, and suddenly "JUNIOR" members are suddenly having blown engines left and right after the documented Car and Driver situation. Tbong, yes.. i see U as a Junior member who started up account just 4 months ago and yet has 454 posts almost all negative.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:06 AM
cmicasa
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
I'm keeping my C6
I didn't.. but U should. I keep saying my C7 looks that much better when it pulls up next to a C6.

Quick Reply: Another blown engine