Sponsored by:

Front/slide splitters

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Tonycan
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Front/slide splitters

Which vendor(s) make these using factory bolt holes? No tape. Would consider drilling holes if that's the only current solution. Thanks
Old 09-17-2014, 02:54 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonycan
Which vendor(s) make these using factory bolt holes? No tape. Would consider drilling holes if that's the only current solution. Thanks
Not an answer to your question as I only know of tape or rivets. I used rivets and it was easy. Small holes not visible if you ever removed them accept from directly underneath. Here is a 9 page PDF with pics. More than you probably need, included a pic here from the report showing the gap between the rocker panels and the frame so need rivets not screws. The frame does not get touched. They recommend the rivets be placed close to the outer edge for better support, which is why they probably only used the factory bolts at the ends. It is all aligned perfectly with the factory bolts before you drill.
http://netwelding.com/Side_Skirts.pdf

One Rivet and Sketch Showing Gap

Last edited by JerryU; 09-19-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Tonycan
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Not an answer to your question as I only know of tape or rivets. I used rivets and it was easy. Small holes not visible if you ever removed them accept from directly underneath. Here is a 9 page PDF with pics. More than you probably need, included a pic here from the report showing the gap between the rocker panels and the frame so need rivets not screws. The frame does not get touched. They recommend the rivets be placed close to the outer edge for better support, which is why they probably only used the factory bolts at the ends. It is all aligned perfectly with the factory bolts before you drill.
http://netwelding.com/Side_Skirts.pd

One Rivet and Sketch Showing Gap
Thanks for the info. Looks like rivets are the way to go.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:40 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for the pics. The big brown truck delivered my ACS Zero 7 skirts today.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:41 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

A friend of mine hooked me up with the installation instructions for the factory Z06 side skirts on a Z06. I will take a look for the file when I get home, but even with that setup you have to drill holes. I believe ACS has said that you can just use the provided holes and double-sided tape. There aren't any factory holes midways along the rocker panel to mount to.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

WeaponX splitter and skirts use existing bolt holes and bolts, absolutely no drilling is necessary. I added tape to mine to make them more secure. My install thread with pics is here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-install.html
Old 09-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Let me know if I can help on a set. No drilling required but there are extra holes in the rocker should you want to secure it with more mounting points for some reason. As Steve mentioned though, none are needed.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:47 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Thanks for the info. Looks like rivets are the way to go.
I see my link was missing the last “f” so fixed on the original, it is http://netwelding.com/Side_Skirts.pdf
I provide a lot of detail for folks who are not typical DIY’ers. Understand the issues of drilling a hole in your new Vette! It’s easy, after the trauma of doing the first one! Like the first “dig” you are bound to get no matter how much “plastic” you wrap the car with!
I was also impressed with the packing of the side skirts when they were shipped. With the cost of high quality CF skirts, don't want to deal with shipping damage. Put a pic in of the fully boxed and well wrapped product as is was received. Not a scratch!

Packing was in Wood Box- No Damage
Old 09-19-2014, 07:30 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I went with Concept7 (Jeff Nowicki) that I purchased from TKO Performance.

I had my parts delivered to my favorite body shop, and I was present for the installation. The parts were package well, and no damage occurred on it's trip from New York to South Florida.

All the necessary hardware was included although we used a couple of extra rivets on the end tips of the front air splitter. I very please with the installation and the way the C7 looks now.
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To Front/slide splitters

Quick Reply: Front/slide splitters