Sponsored by:

Question - Curb Alert Install

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Da Hawk
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Question - Curb Alert Install

To those of you that installed the Curb Alert to your C7, did you install the inline fuse that it came with to your red power lead?? I watched the C7 installation video and they do not mention it at all. I followed the installation instructions in the video and it beeps a long set of chirps every few seconds after the initial startup.

I appreciate any info you can provide.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Posted my install photos here. Note that mine is the curb alert "mini".

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-install.html
Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Da Hawk
Pro

Originally Posted by Magister Ludi
Posted my install photos here. Note that mine is the curb alert "mini".

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-install.html
I appreciate it. I also have the mini, but the install video never mentions the inline fuse to the power wire. Thanks for the quick response!!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Pcorvette1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hawk
To those of you that installed the Curb Alert to your C7, did you install the inline fuse that it came with to your red power lead?? I watched the C7 installation video and they do not mention it at all. I followed the installation instructions in the video and it beeps a long set of chirps every few seconds after the initial startup.

I appreciate any info you can provide.
I do not have a inline fuse on my power lead. I believe it is suppose to beep (read it in the manual) when it first comes on to let you know it is still working but mine does not beep at start. It still works as intended on curbs. I think I actually prefer it not beeping on startup and I still can tell it works everyday since it beeps when going up my driveway.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Da Hawk
Pro

Originally Posted by Pcorvette1
I do not have a inline fuse on my power lead. I believe it is suppose to beep (read it in the manual) when it first comes on to let you know it is still working but mine does not beep at start. It still works as intended on curbs. I think I actually prefer it not beeping on startup and I still can tell it works everyday since it beeps when going up my driveway.
Thanks, Pcorvette. I got it working perfectly. It beeps at startup like it should.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Da Hawk
Thanks, Pcorvette. I got it working perfectly. It beeps at startup like it should.
talked to the inventor the other day - working on an LED you can mount to show that it's armed...no idea if retrofit...
Old 09-18-2014, 09:45 PM
Da Hawk
Pro

Originally Posted by Glen e
talked to the inventor the other day - working on an LED you can mount to show that it's armed...no idea if retrofit...
As annoying as it probably would be, I think I would also prefer that they allow the user the option to set it to beep continuously once it detects the curb rather than the 3 chirps. This way, if you have the radio up or talking on the hands-free phone and are distracted, you would be able to notice the detection.

Get notified of new replies

To Question - Curb Alert Install

Quick Reply: Question - Curb Alert Install