Old 10-06-2014, 02:17 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Motohead279
Don't worry... Just a few more weeks.

Anyone waiting for their exhaust to come out last winter will get that one...
Old 10-06-2014, 12:25 PM
AlvinT
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone interested in the Borla Exhaust Diffuser for the C7. I thought I'd answer some questions posted here...

This Exhaust Diffuser is designed specifically for the C7 Borla Exhaust* and WILL NOT fit the OE exhaust system. It includes all necessary 304SS brackets for a clean installation and it DOES NOT contact any part of the factory valence. No cutting or drilling modifications are required to your C7 Stingray rear valence; this allows you to return your C7 back to stock should you desire. Installation takes 45-minutes and once installed, it is easily service removable via (4) bolts.

*NOTE: We currently have the 4-valve (NPP) released and will soon have our non-NPP equipped systems available.

The Exhaust Diffuser material is lightweight (< 10 lbs) 6061-T6 and the finish is a neutral silver-metallic durable powder-coat that compliments any C7 color, however it can be customized** by the owner to their preference. Keep in-mind that this silver color was selected to minimize the color contrast of rock-chips and/or scratches.

**NOTE: We custom-matched the Bondurant C7 Show Car Exhaust Diffuser in Yellow to show this potential. Borla does not offer color-matched Exhaust Diffusers.

Thanks for your interest in Borla!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:50 PM
bleeper
Pro

Nice, can we get a c5 version?
Old 10-06-2014, 03:26 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

So if I do not have the Borla exhause system it is not possible to bolt this diffuser onto the car?
Old 10-06-2014, 03:53 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
Looks good... Would look even better with screws painted black.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:56 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by FYREANT
So if I do not have the Borla exhause system it is not possible to bolt this diffuser onto the car?
Looks like, so much for those plans.

Kind of surprising they'd design it that way, you'd think they'd want to cover as much of the market as possible, not limit it to just people who buy their exhaust.

If no one else comes out with something like this for the stock / NPP exhaust systems, may have to just design one for myself at some point. Having a four-post lift and using Solidworks on a daily basis may come in handy...
Old 10-06-2014, 08:47 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by flaagan
Looks like, so much for those plans.

Kind of surprising they'd design it that way, you'd think they'd want to cover as much of the market as possible, not limit it to just people who buy their exhaust.

If no one else comes out with something like this for the stock / NPP exhaust systems, may have to just design one for myself at some point. Having a four-post lift and using Solidworks on a daily basis may come in handy...
It may be easier to buy this one, and build some brackets to retrofit. I am pretty handy making that kind of stuff too..
Old 10-06-2014, 10:10 PM
AlvinT
Cruising

Originally Posted by FYREANT
It may be easier to buy this one, and build some brackets to retrofit. I am pretty handy making that kind of stuff too..
Not sure how difficult this modification would be or about the resulting fitment to the stock exhaust. I know the Borla installs < 1-hour.

Here's a short video of the Bondurant C7 Revving & Launch:

Last edited by AlvinT; 10-07-2014 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:31 AM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

It looks to me like it's designed to mount front and back to the borla exhaust, or to the hangers the borla exhaust mounts to. Perhaps partly to the diff cradle? I'd have to take a look under my Stingray to see what hard points there are around the mufflers to get a better idea.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:49 PM
AlvinT
Cruising

It looks to me like it's designed to mount front and back to the borla exhaust, or to the hangers the borla exhaust mounts to. Perhaps partly to the diff cradle? I'd have to take a look under my Stingray to see what hard points there are around the mufflers to get a better idea.
The Borla Exhaust Diffuser connects to special brackets on the Borla mufflers using SS brackets with sliding fasteners. This allows front/back and up/down adjustment to cover variables from one car to another.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:39 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by AlvinT
The Borla Exhaust Diffuser connects to special brackets on the Borla mufflers using SS brackets with sliding fasteners. This allows front/back and up/down adjustment to cover variables from one car to another.
Yeah, kinda what I figured. It's a shame there isn't a kit to make it work with the factory NPP setup, it's a really cool looking product.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by bleeper
Nice, can we get a c5 version?
I dont think we will see the day
Old 10-14-2014, 08:18 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by AlvinT
depending on the cost I may still try to make a retrofit attempt for my car. Any idea on a ballpark MSRP cost on these?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Arcticman
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Retofit diffuser

Has anyone successfully retrofit one of these diffusers from Borla. I don't think it will be that difficult, I'm going to make it happen.

Last edited by Arcticman; 03-03-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:07 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Arcticman
Has anyone successfully retrofit one of these diffusers from Borla. I don't think it will be that difficult, I'm going to make it happen.
It's priced high enough (nearly $800) that I'm not going to rush out to get it, but it definitely looks like it could be modified. C'mon, Borla, make it work with the stock / performance exhaust!
Old 12-18-2015, 05:43 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

anyone retrofit this to stock exhaust yet?
Old 12-18-2015, 06:55 PM
vettman96
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by chefcg1
anyone retrofit this to stock exhaust yet?

Get notified of new replies

To Borla's Bolt-on Diffuser...

Old 12-18-2015, 07:09 PM
flaagan
CF "Young" Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by vettman96
Was *just* talking with a friend and fellow C7 owner about this a few days ago. He's going with a full aftermarket rear diffuser, I'm still interested in a "no mods required" bolt-on option. I was actually picking up another owner's stock grill since I want to design my own and they just gave me theirs to modify. That and this will probably be a few months off (at least) as I've got to get my Airstream finished up to a usable state and move forward on my Morgan some first, but it's still on my radar as something I want to do.

So, I'll say again... c'mon Borla, make this work with the factory setup and you'll have a buyer!
Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I just ended up buying the WeaponX Motorsports diffuser, should be installing it this weekend.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Was *just* talking with a friend and fellow C7 owner about this a few days ago. He's going with a full aftermarket rear diffuser, I'm still interested in a "no mods required" bolt-on option. I was actually picking up another owner's stock grill since I want to design my own and they just gave me theirs to modify. That and this will probably be a few months off (at least) as I've got to get my Airstream finished up to a usable state and move forward on my Morgan some first, but it's still on my radar as something I want to do.

So, I'll say again... c'mon Borla, make this work with the factory setup and you'll have a buyer!
I resemble that remark....

Quick Reply: Borla's Bolt-on Diffuser...