Sponsored by:

Too tight seat adjustments?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 06:37 PM
F4 Woozzo
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Too tight seat adjustments?

I did a search and looked at the manual but couldn't find an answer.

I just test drove a 2015 at a local dealer and by the end of the drive the seat back side bolsters were really digging into my ribs. The car was a 1LT with the base model seats. Before we drove it I messed with the adjust switches on the side of the seat but they didn't seems to move the bolsters in/out. I think there were only 2 buttons for fore/aft/tilt and one for seat back angle.

They had another car inside with a third button that worked the lumbar inflation and the side bolsters were wider, but I still couldn't get them to move. Probably operator error (me), but the salesman was a new guy and didn't know much about the car. Probably why he let me take it out.

So - How do you adjust the seat back side bolsters on the base seats?
The manual said something like, "if equipped" so that might be the answer, there is no adjustment.

My wife also commented that the passenger seat was digging into her thigh, but she didn't play with the adjustments much.

They didn't have the completion seats in any of their cars so I couldn't check those. I don't really want to pay $2000 for them.

The only other thing I didn't like, which I just read about on the forum, was what I thought was a slow initial throttle response. I have a C5 and had a C6 and both seemed to have a better, easier feel. I'm sure I would get used to it, but it was something I commented on to my wife when we pulled out of the dealership.

Otherwise I loved it and will order one probably early next year.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Would you classify yourself as to body size? My wife and I have no problems but that's not to say you don't. I believe your observation to be correct for you. I am 5'11 190. My wife is 5'4" 130.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:54 PM
F4 Woozzo
Instructor

Default I don't consider myself fat, but...

I am a little. I'm 5-10 and weigh ~200. Waist size is 36 so most of my mass is around the middle. My wife is about the same, a little smaller.

I just couldn't figure out how to adjust the seat for comfort.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:05 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Power bolster adjustments are only in the 2LT and 3LT trims.. Not available in the base 1LT

Last edited by bjhayes; 09-19-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I don't know what to tell you. I keep two memory buttons programmed for myself. On a long ride..hundreds of miles...I can change positions. I have a reclined laid back position and an erect closer to the wheel position. I never had discomfort driving for any short distance like you did. If you guys are not comfortable I would give serious consideration to not buying the Corvette.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:25 AM
silversmoke1957
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F4 Woozzo
I did a search and looked at the manual but couldn't find an answer.

I just test drove a 2015 at a local dealer and by the end of the drive the seat back side bolsters were really digging into my ribs. The car was a 1LT with the base model seats. Before we drove it I messed with the adjust switches on the side of the seat but they didn't seems to move the bolsters in/out. I think there were only 2 buttons for fore/aft/tilt and one for seat back angle.

They had another car inside with a third button that worked the lumbar inflation and the side bolsters were wider, but I still couldn't get them to move. Probably operator error (me), but the salesman was a new guy and didn't know much about the car. Probably why he let me take it out.

So - How do you adjust the seat back side bolsters on the base seats?
The manual said something like, "if equipped" so that might be the answer, there is no adjustment.

My wife also commented that the passenger seat was digging into her thigh, but she didn't play with the adjustments much.

They didn't have the completion seats in any of their cars so I couldn't check those. I don't really want to pay $2000 for them.

The only other thing I didn't like, which I just read about on the forum, was what I thought was a slow initial throttle response. I have a C5 and had a C6 and both seemed to have a better, easier feel. I'm sure I would get used to it, but it was something I commented on to my wife when we pulled out of the dealership.

Otherwise I loved it and will order one probably early next year.
The 1LT seats do not adjust. My recommendation is to seek out a dealer with a 2LT or 3LT in stock and try the seat adjustments that those models have. I have a 3LT and find the seats have a considerable amount of bolster adjustment. I think there is a good probability that you can adjust the seats to your liking.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:18 PM
F4 Woozzo
Instructor

Thanks for the responses. I went to a small Corvette street meet yesterday and tried out both the seat options on 3lt cars. Those seats still felt tight to me, but by deflating the side bolsters it wasn't uncomfortable. The compition seats didn't seem to be worth $2000 to me. I didn't drive any of those cars.

I think I will wait and keep researching and trying on seats. I may end up swapping the stock seats for something else in the end.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:46 PM
TKay
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

When I was shopping, I sat in a lot of vets on the showroom floor. All had been sat in by other people. They played with the seat buttons. I never felt a seat that felt good. One day, I stopped at my local dealer, he told me a vet just arrived and try it on for fit. I was the first to sit in it. It was great, no bad feelings at all. I ordered mine, and it is perfect. People play with the buttons and it changes it a lot. Takes a while to get it perfect.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:32 PM
lgodom
Drifting

Received 286 Likes on 208 Posts

I spent some time sitting in a 1lt today. From what I've experienced and read on the forum, the 1lt seat bolsters are the same as the adjustable bolsters in the 2lt and 3lt cars fully extended. In other words you won't gain any room paying extra for the upgraded interiors over the base. I'm almost an inch shorter and about 25lbs heavier than the OP and I fit great in the seat. Everybody is built differently, and height and weight aren't always a good indicator of how well a seat will fit.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 PM
C7HOORAY
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Forget the Vette....you don't fit. Buy a BMW M car...about the same price and performance and you will be comfortable.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:03 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by lgodom
I spent some time sitting in a 1lt today. From what I've experienced and read on the forum, the 1lt seat bolsters are the same as the adjustable bolsters in the 2lt and 3lt cars fully extended. In other words you won't gain any room paying extra for the upgraded interiors over the base.
That is 100% correct - the 1LT seats are identical to the 2LT & 3LT except for the lack of inflatable air bladder that narrows the side bolsters.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

C7HOORAY:Forget the Vette....you don't fit. Buy a BMW M car...about the same price and performance and you will be comfortable.
Plus they have nicer waiting rooms at the dealer while you're waiting for it to be fixed, again.

Get notified of new replies

To Too tight seat adjustments?

Quick Reply: Too tight seat adjustments?