Sponsored by:

Question concerning Houston area sales.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 11:47 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Have you considered the Dodge Challenger with the Hellcat V8 that produces 707 hp? It might be a nice change from the same Corvette deal this time around? They're only $59K new.
Nah, since we have a 2014 Dodge Super Bee SRT, I'm on a Charger board and have read all about it. It seems to be a really nice and fast car, however I'm looking for less horsepower and a lot less weight, and a great looking car in the Vette.

I also had a great meeting today with Joe Classic (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oeclassic.html) and I was told that because the company I work for is on some sort of GM list, I qualified for the special pricing. I think it's supplier pricing which should save around $5,000-$6,000 from MSRP.

Back to the Hellcat, no way do I envision anybody getting this car at MSRP without the 'market adjustment'. As a matter of fact, today I went by Monument (who gave me outstanding pricing on a 2009 Vette I special ordered from them) and saw that a 2015 yellow LT2 had a 'market adjustment' of $5,000 while the Z/28 had the 'market adjustment' of $10,000. I was told by a salesman that this is normal for the pricing of the Vette and Z/28. I mentioned something about being desperate as I was walking out.

I would like to again give a shout out of gratitude for those who've posted or helped out in this thread.

I'm not a red car type of guy, but I totally fell in love with a red Vette, with the black spoiler and black side mirrors along with the black rims. I figured laguna blue or black, but I'm doing a major backstroke about a choice of colors.

Bottom line is that I'm not in a hurry to buy a Vette, however thanks to you guys I now have a really good game plan. It looks like I may be able to get a great price on the car, and keep my money in the Houston area.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:03 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT
Yesterday I did some out of the box thinking.

To explain why..........a couple of months ago my wife decided she wanted a 4 door car for around town stuff. Even though there isn't any kids or grandkids just her and I, she always wants a 4 door car. We couldn't decide between a Chevy SS or a Dodge Charger SRT, however the deciding factor was that the Chevy SS looked like any other Impala/Malibu, but the Charger SRT stood out. I did a bit of searching and since she really wanted the Plum Crazy model, this was extra hard to find as only the very top of the line version or the Super Bee came in that color. I found a 2014 Super Bee in Plum Crazy at Texas Direct Auto that was totally loaded out with everything but navigation, and it had the window sticker in the car. The window sticker was $48,000, however we bought the car for $38,300.......and the car had <2,000 miles on it and still had the new car smell. I felt this was a great buy.

So, having made a great buy at TDA for the Charger SRT, I thought maybe I could find a very low mileage C7 for a steal. This was not to be. While the Dodge was greatly marked down, the price of the C7 Vettes were very close to buying a brand new one at MSRP.

Now before anybody slaps my hand and tells me a C7 isn't a Dodge, we don't need to dumb it down to that level. My thought was that I had one great buy on an almost brand new car, so the 50 mile round trip to TDA to hear the negative news was OK. It wasn't a great loss. However we did get to take our time and check out all the bells and whistles in the car and check it out from top to bottom. I guess I always feel rushed or intimidated at a new car dealer unless I'm at least 90% sure I'm buying or ordering a car from them.

Tomorrow we're going by to talk to JoeClassic about his pricing and see what he has to offer. Here is his ad, and even if we don't make a deal, there is a good chance he can be my Houston area 'go to' guy. I do know a few years back both Classic in Sugarland and Landmark in North Houston closed down and had terrible reputations, however I haven't seen any negativity against the new ownership, so I'll forgive and forget the bad news from a few years ago and see what they have to offer.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...stingrays.html

Somebody mentioned Robbins up in Humble, however last Saturday when I went by there, I was treated in a very rude manner. Also, this is something that may not concern others, they only had two handicapped parking spots, and they were using them for new car/truck delivery. Something about that (lack of respect or compassion for those who need those parking spots) plus the rude manner in which I was treated..........I won't go back.
Classic has a great reputation.

BTW, I know the owner of Robbins and have bought 17 vehicles there. They are basically good guys (I get treated great there) bud sadly the auto dealer business is extremely transient and there will be horror stories about any dealership.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:39 AM
wan65
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
Classic has a great reputation.

BTW, I know the owner of Robbins and have bought 17 vehicles there. They are basically good guys (I get treated great there) bud sadly the auto dealer business is extremely transient and there will be horror stories about any dealership.
I was thinking the same thing, and I went to school with the General manager, and bought plenty of cars and trucks from them, they help me a lot when ordering my vette and help me with some of the up grades, If things work out ok, I should be ordering a 2016 vette from them also. Hope the Sunrise Orange is still an option then???
Old 09-28-2014, 11:35 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

I also had a great meeting today with Joe Classic (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oeclassic.html) and I was told that because the company I work for is on some sort of GM list, I qualified for the special pricing. I think it's supplier pricing which should save around $5,000-$6,000 from MSRP.
On 14s only right now, correct?
Old 09-28-2014, 12:43 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Originally Posted by tail_lights
On 14s only right now, correct?
No, I get the supplier discount on the 15's.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Dracla
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go to Lone Star Chevrolet. In fact, that's where I'm going tomorrow to order a 2015.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:52 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

No, I get the supplier discount on the 15's.
That's great! So do you know if it will be available to the rest of us or was it a one shot deal? I qualify for supplier or the credit union discount. Either way some Houston area dealers finally seem to be breaking from MSRP which is good to all of us looking to purchase.

BTW, my closest dealer happens to be in Victoria and I found out they only have four allocations a year. Kinda of sad because I have seen quite a few (for Victoria) Stingrays around here.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Dracla
Racer

I'm told that Lone Star Chevrolet will do an Employee/Supplier discount deal IF you qualify. But you have to show them that you qualify.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:19 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dracla
I'm told that Lone Star Chevrolet will do an Employee/Supplier discount deal IF you qualify. But you have to show them that you qualify.
I thought about heading up there today, but to order I was told through email that I needed to put down a $2500 non-refundable deposit. That put me back on the fence.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:54 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

That's great! So do you know if it will be available to the rest of us or was it a one shot deal? I qualify for supplier or the credit union discount. Either way some Houston area dealers finally seem to be breaking from MSRP which is good to all of us looking to purchase.

BTW, my closest dealer happens to be in Victoria and I found out they only have four allocations a year. Kinda of sad because I have seen quite a few (for Victoria) Stingrays around here.
You may try to contact this member (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...oeclassic.html) and see what he has to say. He seems to be a stand up guy and he's a member here. I believe that if he tells a member here that they qualify and will receive the supplier discount, you will get it. It would be real bad business for him, as a member here, to do you wrong. I met with him the other day and left feeling really positive that doing business with him would be OK.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:14 AM
bjhayes
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They told me no a few weeks ago.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by bjhayes
They told me no a few weeks ago.
Call them now. I understand they have changed their mind in the past couple of days. And I think it is because the market has shifted a bit. I believe there is now more supply of C7s than demand, at least in the Houston area. This is predictable, and it comes at about the right time.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:29 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Call them now. I understand they have changed their mind in the past couple of days. And I think it is because the market has shifted a bit. I believe there is now more supply of C7s than demand, at least in the Houston area. This is predictable, and it comes at about the right time.
I already have my order in with MacMulkin and it just went production complete...
Old 09-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Dracla
Racer

I already have my order in with MacMulkin and it just went production complete...
Is it a drop ship deal or are you going to drive it from NH?
Old 09-30-2014, 02:26 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought about heading up there today, but to order I was told through email that I needed to put down a $2500 non-refundable deposit. That put me back on the fence.
Based on all the botched paint jobs that are coming thru, they need to stick that one...don't give up your right to walk and get your $ back if you don't like what you eventually see
Old 09-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

$1,000 at Lone Star Chevrolet.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Dracla
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom/99
$1,000 at Lone Star Chevrolet.
That is about what I'd expect, but I'd also ask for the deal in writing so they can't back out. The $1,000 says you won't, but they might if they had a better offer, unless the deal was in writing.

Get notified of new replies

To Question concerning Houston area sales.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:00 PM
bjhayes
Instructor

Is it a drop ship deal or are you going to drive it from NH?
Courtesy delivery to Strickland... According to the guys at MacMulkin they have used them with good success for several courtesy deliveries in the area.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Dracla
Racer

Courtesy delivery to Strickland... According to the guys at MacMulkin they have used them with good success for several courtesy deliveries in the area.
Everyone might be interested to know what the doc fees and courtesy delivery fees are. I would like to know.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:21 PM
tdhood
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone might be interested to know what the doc fees and courtesy delivery fees are. I would like to know.
Ordered from Hendricks (KS) & courtesy delivered to Lone Star. No doc fees - I've gotta handle DPS myself. Courtesy fee of $387 to Lone Star.

Quick Reply: Question concerning Houston area sales.