Sponsored by:

Automatic transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 PM
cberistain
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
My A6 C7 will engage cylinder deactivation in all driving modes. I used to experience a lag upon flooring the gas pedal. I learned from another fellow Corvette forum member that all I had to do was turn off the traction control and now there is no more lag and it goes to full v8 power instantaneously when passing another vehicle at full throttle.
I wouldn't think of turning off traction control as I'm sure I'd have the car going sideways or doing a 180 in short order. easiest with the A6 just to hit the downshift paddle just before tromping on the gas .. quick and easy and quickly becomes second nature .. no big deal for me

charlie
Old 10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cberistain
I wouldn't think of turning off traction control as I'm sure I'd have the car going sideways or doing a 180 in short order. easiest with the A6 just to hit the downshift paddle just before tromping on the gas .. quick and easy and quickly becomes second nature .. no big deal for me

charlie
i thought it was just me but i was trying every setting to get the thing to stop d. shifting and i did notice once in track m. t/c turned off i didnt notice the prob. so much or at least it seemed that way .will try it in the morn.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 388 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
got the car back from ser. no updates , trans op. as designed ..down
shift 4-5 times .4-8 c. on off on off op. designed ectht ect ,,lag normal .............only thing i can say is gm says everythings ok ''sure''
on one hand glad nothings wrong on the other ...... back to driving this whatever on wheels .but you live you learn ,if anything it saved me from buying the z as i had planed . and as a long time vette owner my last till they get thier act together .best of luck to everyone else with thier probs. but looks like were stuck with these trans probs.
Before you give up your last ounce of hope, take her out with the T/C off and then please tell us how that works with full throttle shifts. However, I have a 2014 A6 which may a very different animal. Good luck with any new vehicle you decide to go with.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:14 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

What about using this for those with the Automatic?

http://www.rangetechnology.com/pages/v8

Will using Range affect my warranty?
https://rangetechnology.zendesk.com/...t-my-warranty-

"NO! That's the beauty (and the innovation) behind this technology.

It DOES NOT alter/reprogram/reflash ANYTHING in your vehicle's powertrain systems. It is ONLY active when plugged into the OBD II port and is its own standalone "mini powertrain controller". The module contains a powerful microprocessor and does all the "heavy lifting" to work in concert with the factory powertrain modules to alter the AFM operation.

It DOES NOT override any factory safety features (such as over temperature protection, low oil pressure protection, diagnostic fault protection, etc.) It retains all the factory protections and works within the factory system limits.

When it is time for service or warranty work, simply unplug it from the connector and it is totally removed from the vehicle to allow the dealer service tools to be used."

Also, if you use the Auto in Manual mode AFM only works in Eco mode.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 10-31-2014 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:21 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VNAMVET
Before you give up your last ounce of hope, take her out with the T/C off and then please tell us how that works with full throttle shifts. However, I have a 2014 A6 which may a very different animal. Good luck with any new vehicle you decide to go with.
well thank you i think its more of a let down looking foward to what this new model offered over my past vettes .the look of the car
alone was great .i went into this car kind of leery of the 4-8 and all the elec's. on it and (for me) it turned out to be true . prob. hold on to this
for a little bit , then go with what i was looking at to start the aud. a8
or the jag , f type .then maybe down the road see what gm is going to do with the later models .still have my 3 others ,,,key turn ,gas go but i will take the car out and see how it works with t/c off
as i had said above seems i had tried that and did notice some diff.
but i was so busy trying everything and setting i had forgot till i seen someone post above .all is well .i dont keep these cars but for about a yr- yr 1/2 and then trade them anyway . but you can take it to the bank if i should buy another there won't be a 15 min . test drive and trust gm. i hpoe that everyone that does not have these probs. does enjoy thier cars the way the corvette was made to be . i will post what i find out using those settigs .............
Old 10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cberistain

charlie
Traction control is different from stability control. You would not do a 180 as stability control would compensate and keep you going in a straight line.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:40 AM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

with t/c turned off in track mode and no paddle . car down shifts only once insted of 4 times and the 4-8 switch is not as noticeable .it is hard to tell in traffic but it seems this is the best setting . .whats funny is in this driving mode the d. mode never did cut off . prob. being is driving in track all the time with t/c off . but if this is what it takes ,its what it takes . i will play with it some more when i can get an open road and let you know
Old 10-31-2014, 01:55 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
with t/c turned off in track mode and no paddle . car down shifts only once insted of 4 times and the 4-8 switch is not as noticeable .it is hard tZ06sell in traffic but it seems this is the best setting . .whats funny is in this driving mode the d. mode never did cut off . prob. being is driving in track all the time with t/c off . but if this is what it takes ,its what it takes . i will play with it some more when i can get an open road and let you know
Track mode is really STIFF for every day driving IMHO.
Try Sport mode, as this is what I have to be more comfortable, as we here in Fl have some really good roads.

I really hope you find the perfect fit for your driving style. I am on my 11th new Corvette since 2000 and I have found that all have their nuances. The last three were all C6 Z06's and I miss the freight train pull that they all exhibited.

Quick Reply: Automatic transmission