Sponsored by:

C7 Door rattle

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 04:13 AM
graysilv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C7 Door rattle

I took delivery of my 2015 corvette a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that while the radio is playing, the driver side door rattles as the bass hits. It seems as if something is loose since the passenger door doesnt rattle at all. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-26-2014, 04:22 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by graysilv
I took delivery of my 2015 corvette a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that while the radio is playing, the driver side door rattles as the bass hits. It seems as if something is loose since the passenger door doesnt rattle at all. Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi graysilv,

Sorry you have concerns with your door rattling while the radio is on. Have you mentioned this to your dealership? We'd be glad to offer our assistance by reaching out to them on your behalf. If you need any assistance, please let me know.

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-26-2014, 04:35 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Not with the radio but I notice a short vibration/buzz when the NPPs hit some perfect resonance with some part in the driver door. Only lasts a second but is somewhat annoying.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:13 PM
graysilv
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi graysilv,

Sorry you have concerns with your door rattling while the radio is on. Have you mentioned this to your dealership? We'd be glad to offer our assistance by reaching out to them on your behalf. If you need any assistance, please let me know.

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
Andraya,

I am currently out of state. I will definitely contact you as soon as I'm back to try and see what the problem is.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:16 AM
brian18330
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've taken my car to 3 different dealers for the infotainment screen flickering really bad and the door rattle issue with loud radio volume. They finally ordered a new screen but 11 days later do not even have it on its way yet. The door rattle : they told me not to listen to it so loud! For real. So today I took it to a local stereo shop and they said the supports inside the door might be broke. But they are going to look at the supports and dynomat the doors for 250. I am just afraid when they get the new screen they are going to turn down the amps somehow because the service writer already mentioned it might be putting out to much.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:44 AM
barryh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian18330
The door rattle : they told me not to listen to it so loud! For real.
I would request the service manager to demonstrate the same MP3 file playing at similar volume in another C7.

The 3LT stereo in my C7 can play very deep bass VERY loudly. There are no undesirable vibrations anywhere -- except perhaps the fillings in my teeth!
Old 09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by graysilv
Andraya,

I am currently out of state. I will definitely contact you as soon as I'm back to try and see what the problem is.
Sounds great. We look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 09-28-2014, 10:21 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

My 14' had a rattle in the door and when I took it in they had a Test CD that had different frequencies and they could reproduce the rattle. They fixed it and I was happy.

My 15 that I just got a week ago has the same rattle! I guess GM just doesn't learn.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:37 AM
jspridge
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen several cars (my 2014 Stingray included) that have a failed/inconsistent bond between the outer panel of the door and the structural support this is immediately behind it. The 10' woofer in the door can cause the door outer skin to rattle/buzz against the support. The condition can be addressed easily and permanently with dynamat, but the door will have to be taken apart to access the area in question.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:30 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
My 14' had a rattle in the door and when I took it in they had a Test CD that had different frequencies and they could reproduce the rattle. They fixed it and I was happy.
Quite the trick as there's no CD player in the C7
Old 09-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Apocolips
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

I have had drivers side door problems as well. My door panel has popped loose on the top front. I haven't noticed it vibrating though. I have an appointment on Wednesday at the body shop to have them reinstall the panel.

You can see that the clips have come loose and the panel is separated about 3/8".
Old 09-29-2014, 08:13 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Quite the trick as there's no CD player in the C7
LMAO, I'm use to saying Test CD from my car audio days! SD card / USB.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Door rattle

Quick Reply: C7 Door rattle