Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:17 AM
C7DriverOnt
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

I like them both , very nice cars you have, you are a lucky man 9901!!

Not sure because you love the C7 you can't also appreciate another, outside of wives who says you gotta be limited to just one

Reality is price wise the Z06 is really the head to head competitor with the Nissan, in that case it will be a real test for the GT-R.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:33 AM
ttadriver
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own both cars. 2010 GTR purchased when new. It's just the owners. As cars become older and more "affordable", you begin to see owners who seek attention, a lot of times in a negative way. Give the C7 2 more years. Just pay them no mind, and enjoy your drive.

2014 C7 z51
2010 GTR
1997 Viper GTS B/W
1993 Mustang Cobra teal
1989 Mustang Saleen SSC
1989 Anniversary Turbo Trans Am hardtop
Old 09-28-2014, 09:35 AM
9901racer
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C7DriverOnt
Reality is price wise the Z06 is really the head to head competitor with the Nissan, in that case it will be a real test for the GT-R.
Thanks C7DriverOnt! I agree that the ZO6 will probably equal or best the GTR if the new A8 shifts as quick as claimed. It will be about putting the power down.

In all reality the price of the GTR is, well the price and is as optioned out as you can get it for the most part. The price of my Z51 3LT was not too far off my equally equipped GTR. Let's call it a $20k difference. With the current dealer incentives on the Nissan I could have purchased it for the same price.

Probably comparing the ZO6 to the newer GTR Nismo would be fair.

Last edited by 9901racer; 09-28-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 AM
sharpgt
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Like you I am fortunate enough to own both a 2014 GTR and C7 Z51. By sheer coincidence my GTR is also white and my C7 Laguna Blue (I bet we share the same taste in women too lol). I love them both but the GTR gets way more attention than the C7. I agree very different cars but both awesome and fun to drive. In terms of encountering *******s on the road trying to show off, I find this much more of a problem when I am driving the GTR.

Originally Posted by 9901racer
I consider myself very fortunate to own both cars, a 2014 GTR and a 2014 C7 Z51. They are very different cars and I love both for what they each do well.

The GT-R is just a very quick and precise car. It's amazing what this 4000lb car with a V6 does. Especially considering it's a 2008 model and very long in the tooth now, but still being compared to new models. The aftermarket for the car is just crazy expensive compared to the C7. The car get's way too much attention for me, not very enjoyable. It could be there are very few on the road compared to other mass produced sports cars where I live.

The C7 is one of the best driving and riding cars I have been in. Again, the Mag ride is awesome and I usually pick the C7 when I get out for a quick ride. The stock LT1 is great and love the torque it makes, but for speed and putting the power on the ground, they are two different cars. The interior between both I would put on par with each other. Each have pro and cons in my opinion. I love the riding position in the C7 as compared the the GTR, more like a true sports car. Aftermarket for the C7 is not expensive coming from the GTR world, really like this aspect as well. When I say aftermarket, I mean just any part.

Both are great cars and as a car guy I think they deserve respect for what they both do well.

.. Will also post a pic of both cars as I am proud of them both.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:18 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by nous defions
Your C7 was "the lion" on that day.
Maybe.....
Maybe not.

But he certainly made the right decision given the time and location.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Sexybeast
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tambeng
She is the Godzilla?

Out of curiosity, how is the reliability of the 2013 GTR? I heard numerous complains about transmission and launch control.

Thank you.
Yeah, she started out with a 350z then the 370 and then the GTR. She loves the damn thing. We have had the car about a year and have had zero mech problems but knowing in advance I probably would we bought every maintenance and extended warranty available. The normal maintenance amount is high so buy the extended warranties . I like the Vette better but it's no super car except in looks and a butt load cheaper to own.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:45 PM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

I consider myself very fortunate to own both cars, a 2014 GTR and a 2014 C7 Z51. They are very different cars and I love both for what they each do well.

The GT-R is just a very quick and precise car. It's amazing what this 4000lb car with a V6 does. Especially considering it's a 2008 model and very long in the tooth now, but still being compared to new models. The aftermarket for the car is just crazy expensive compared to the C7. The car get's way too much attention for me, not very enjoyable. It could be there are very few on the road compared to other mass produced sports cars where I live.

The C7 is one of the best driving and riding cars I have been in. Again, the Mag ride is awesome and I usually pick the C7 when I get out for a quick ride. The stock LT1 is great and love the torque it makes, but for speed and putting the power on the ground, they are two different cars. The interior between both I would put on par with each other. Each have pro and cons in my opinion. I love the riding position in the C7 as compared the the GTR, more like a true sports car. Aftermarket for the C7 is not expensive coming from the GTR world, really like this aspect as well. When I say aftermarket, I mean just any part.

Both are great cars and as a car guy I think they deserve respect for what they both do well.

.. Will also post a pic of both cars as I am proud of them both.

Just WOW...talk about a dream garage. You sir I hope to be like when I grow up. Planing to do any mods to the GTR? They are stupic quick as is but modded they are even more impressive.

This thread is funny. I see all sorts of GTR bashing but at a recent cars and coffee I went to here the GTR guys were car guys and really cool to talk with and what not while there were a couple of C7 guys (one had a Hennassy supercharged one) that were pompous jerks. And to top it off when people were leaving the GTR people behaved but the Hennassy guy had to make an *** out of himself and do a big burn out and put on a show. Made me shake my head and be glad I wasn't driving a C7 and driving my "lowly" C5 hardtop that day. The organizers of the C&C event are buddies and we have been asked to find a new location for future get C&C event thanks to "Mr Burnout".

There's always someone that does the stupid stuff that gets other car owners "stereotyped"...doesn't matter if it's a mustang, Vette, Viper, Honda, GTR, etc...someone else always ruins it for the rest of us.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:51 PM
9901racer
Cruising

Originally Posted by mre1974
Planing to do any mods to the GTR? They are stupic quick as is but modded they are even more impressive.
Thanks! I am finished modifying the GTR for now. It currently has an AMS Performance Alpha 9 kit with supporting mods running E85. Right now I feel anything else will be ridiculous, for me at least.

I want to do some work on the vette now, but have not really made my mind up on which direction.

Last edited by 9901racer; 09-28-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Thanks! I am finished modifying the GTR for now. It currently has an AMS Performance Alpha 9 kit with supporting mods running E85. Right now I feel anything else will be ridiculous, for me at least.

I want to do some work on the vette now, but have not really make my mind up on which direction.
What's the A9 kit good for in the quarter? I know they make some fast stuff. One of my clients on the west coast just took the fastest GTR title. Stunning technology for sure. It's on my radar when they do a model change for sure as long as they stay on course.

As for the OP, I wouldn't take it as anything other than a sports car enthusiast wanting to play.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:01 PM
9901racer
Cruising

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
What's the A9 kit good for in the quarter? I know they make some fast stuff. One of my clients on the west coast just took the fastest GTR title. Stunning technology for sure. It's on my radar when they do a model change for sure as long as they stay on course.

As for the OP, I wouldn't take it as anything other than a sports car enthusiast wanting to play.
Ben - The A9 is good for high to mid 9s in the 1/4 depending on how aggressive you get. For comparison, stock my car was running 10.9s (best times) with 1.6s 60ft on stock tires and wheels. I have not gotten any good 1/4 times on the new setup yet, hope to very shortly.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Very cool man! I love drag racing! My C7 has a bored and sleeved LT1 now to a forged 427 with a 300 shot for direct port. Hoping to firm up the tune on it Wed and get it to the track. It's been 10.80 at 130mph on motor so far, but the trans wasn't shifting properly. I'm looking for 9s myself. I just finished up my CTS V too with a forged 388 Procharger F1X pushing 32psi with around 1200hp and hunting for 8s on that one. Best I did on the stock bottom end was 10.5 at 135mph before pulling it apart to go for the title.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Houston Z33
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm a Nissan Guy - '89 240SX Fastback, '95 240SX and now '07 350Z.

My buddy has a GT-R and he's one of the very, very few NON douchebags he even lets people drive the damned thing if he knows them and I have quite a bit of seattime with it and the C7 now.

With that said, I'd rather own the C7 - It's just more fun and feels more like a "Sports Car"....I prefer to row my own gears and I love the sound - And it throws you back.

The GT-R is an ochoko of warm, smooth, high quality Sake - Smooth and cloying, No burn but still potent.

The Stingray is a room temperature shot of pure Kentucky Bourbon - In your face but still smooth and hellfire all the way down.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:54 PM
DSC9254
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to echo the more recent comments that there are cool people and jerks no matter whether you're talking C7's, GT-R's, 911's, you name it. A couple of my GT-R friends and I went to a C & C this morning and had a great time. They are some of the nicest guys you'll meet. They certainly love their cars, but they also acknowledge the areas where the C7 and other cars are superior. I definitely love my C7, but the GT-R's are awesome cars too!

Old 09-28-2014, 05:16 PM
9901racer
Cruising

Very cool man! I love drag racing! My C7 has a bored and sleeved LT1 now to a forged 427 with a 300 shot for direct port. Hoping to firm up the tune on it Wed and get it to the track. It's been 10.80 at 130mph on motor so far, but the trans wasn't shifting properly. I'm looking for 9s myself. I just finished up my CTS V too with a forged 388 Procharger F1X pushing 32psi with around 1200hp and hunting for 8s on that one. Best I did on the stock bottom end was 10.5 at 135mph before pulling it apart to go for the title.
Ben - You got some serious stuff going on for sure.. good luck on your quest for 9s in the C7 and 8s in the CTS V (Crazy fast).

Last edited by 9901racer; 09-28-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Never-Enough
Le Mans Master

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Or maybe they just wanted to enjoy their cars a bit & actually race to see what happened.

Don't be so stuck up, people.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:31 PM
cal45
Drifting

Received 479 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Or maybe they just wanted to enjoy their cars a bit & actually race to see what happened.

Don't be so stuck up, people.
That's fine but do it at the track and not public streets where you endanger other people that aren't aware they are now on a makeshift track.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

My thoughts exactly....

Get notified of new replies

To GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7

Old 09-28-2014, 08:29 PM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you in cincy ? i see a few GTR s on the road here but not many. i don't think the GTR crowd is all that bad yet... I have an RS7 that ran toe to toe with with one at edge water both cars went 11.20 ish I think the GTR guys know they get us from a dig AWD cars are fun on the street they rip RWD cars in half and if they get a chance to race a C7 from a dig with your woman in the car they are going to…..
Old 09-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '14

Yes sir I'm from Cinci! Was just at EW a week ago. The car was running 130mph on motor so street or dig with a stock GTR and I'll be good I'll work on the Alpha9 on Wed when we dial the tune in!
Old 09-28-2014, 10:06 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Maybe.....
Maybe not.

But he certainly made the right decision given the time and location.
...and having my wife in the car with me.

Quick Reply: GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7