Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:25 PM
383LPE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the GTR is really a fabulous piece of engineering. cars like that keep GM, Dodge etc.. working and improving. all in all we all win.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:40 PM
tambeng
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nissan is also having $10000 rebates for 2014 GTR premium edition (base edition)

Check out the following link as how some folks have been able to get 2014 GTR for $79k
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...he-same-price/

For $79k (about the same price) will you take a GTR base or base Z06 or a fully loaded 3lz z51 stingray?

Good time for buyer.

Last edited by tambeng; 09-28-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:13 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

I find it exactly opposite.. I haven't met up with a GTR yet.. I feel like the great white out there. I have seen so many Mustangs, Camaros and older vettes come flying up and then slow down when they see me. It's quit funny really.. Now if the import kids would do the same and the freeways would be safer... They think their Fart can exhaust has given them another 200 HP or something on their accord.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:02 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by 9901racer
Ben - The A9 is good for high to mid 9s in the 1/4 depending on how aggressive you get. For comparison, stock my car was running 10.9s (best times) with 1.6s 60ft on stock tires and wheels. I have not gotten any good 1/4 times on the new setup yet, hope to very shortly.
Let's just wrap our heads around this for a second or 9.XX..... We're talking about a ~4000 pound car, with full interior, AC, back seats, a sound system and all the goodies of a "normal car" putting down those kinds of numbers. I mean...DAYYYYYMMMMMMNNNNN. Think about what kind of mods we had to do to street cars 10-15 years ago to make them do that? I just find it amazing with what they can do now. Love it or hate it...the GTR has EARNED the nickname Godzilla. I still prefer a Vette to one but there is no arguing the performance of them. If that's "your wife's car" that is one seriously cool chica from the sounds of it. I bet "races to soccer practice" are gonna be really entertaining with those two cars in the garage.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:30 AM
wv8090
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Or maybe they just wanted to enjoy their cars a bit & actually race to see what happened.

Don't be so stuck up, people.

When I see another sports car on the road I almost always try to see if they want to play.

The vast majority of other C7 drivers I encounter are usually older guys that just give me the sarcastic wave like "dumb punk whippersnapper is going to cause a wreck and drive my insurance premium up!"
Old 09-29-2014, 07:22 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Always someone out there trying to impress you with whatever they have. Nice thing about the C7 is it speaks for itself, looks and power, no need to try and impress the wannabes.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by londonk
Are you in cincy ? i see a few GTR s on the road here but not many. i don't think the GTR crowd is all that bad yet... I have an RS7 that ran toe to toe with with one at edge water both cars went 11.20 ish I think the GTR guys know they get us from a dig AWD cars are fun on the street they rip RWD cars in half and if they get a chance to race a C7 from a dig with your woman in the car they are going to…..
I am and was out there the night you ran the RS7. That's one badass ride. I've got the Laguna Blue C7 that looks like the one you got rid of.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ta70raiii
They are certainly fast, but I don't really dig the look.

Have to agree. If one pulled up next to me at a stoplight, I'd probably think it was an Altima. Wouldn't try to race it, either way.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
cfl70
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 2014 white black edition. I give plenty of thumbs up to the c7s in the Annapolis area when cruising.im a car guy (far from a douche) and love nice cars which ever brand (even German cars)
Old 09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
wv8090
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I am not big on the GTR looks and I wouldnt buy one...

That being said the GTR is not a "wannabe", its a faster car than a stock stingray all day.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:59 AM
2vetteEd
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
Driving home in my C7 with my wife from the Kerbeck Toys for Tots on the Atlantic City Expressway towards Philly there were a large number of Corvettes, all years, doing the same. Very few doing more than 10 over the posted 65 limit. A white GTR in the left lane must have been doing 80-90 going our way. Bet he got his jollies off with so many Corvette "victims" he passed including some ZR1s left in his dust.
I don't agree with this statement. The truth is the GTR guy was upset and cranky that no one toke up his challenge. He probably went home and kicked the family dog and threw the trash can into the street.

I have a local GTR that challenges me everytime he see's me at a cruise-in. His GTR tricked out with about 1200 hp. I keep telling him that I don't street race, it's illegal, but if he wants to entertain me at the local race track, I'd be glad to take him up on his offer.

Now you & I and most everyone know that it's not always the car with the most hp that wins the day. I think my driving talent with half his hp will win the day. Then I'll be writing a kind note to Ron Fellows for all the performance driving tips I learned in 2 trips to Spring Mtn. in Pahrump, Nevada.
Attached Images   
Old 09-29-2014, 09:32 AM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
I don't agree with this statement. The truth is the GTR guy was upset and cranky that no one toke up his challenge. He probably went home and kicked the family dog and threw the trash can into the street.

I have a local GTR that challenges me everytime he see's me at a cruise-in. His GTR tricked out with about 1200 hp. I keep telling him that I don't street race, it's illegal, but if he wants to entertain me at the local race track, I'd be glad to take him up on his offer.

Now you & I and most everyone know that it's not always the car with the most hp that wins the day. I think my driving talent with half his hp will win the day. Then I'll be writing a kind note to Ron Fellows for all the performance driving tips I learned in 2 trips to Spring Mtn. in Pahrump, Nevada.

Don't believe it. The GT-R is so easy to drive fast, anyone can put up great numbers at a track. A good friend of mine just got rid of his GT-R in favor of a full race prepped Stohr. The GT-R is a beast at the track-even as heavy as it is.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:17 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Never-Enough
Or maybe they just wanted to enjoy their cars a bit & actually race to see what happened.

Don't be so stuck up, people.
In your opinion what would make someone driving a GT-R attempt to race a C7 in heavy traffic, unsafely, going 25 mph over the limit? That was the point of my OP. It was irrational behavior, so what possessed him to act that way?

Would you "race" in an area you knew there were constant speed traps, as I mentioned in the OP?

Stuck Up? How was I stuck up in that exact scenario?

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 09-29-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

So wait a minute. A guy in a fast car, saw someone else driving a fast car, and then proceeded to drive fast in his car? And this is news? Or this somehow means all GTR drivers are azzholes?

This has been happening since the beginning of the automobile folks. Nothing to see here, but guys being guys and playing with their toys. I'm not condoning the people driving recklessly on public streets.. but noone on this forum is any less guilty of doing the same. We all bought fast cars for a reason, and that reason is usually to go fast at some point and time. Hopefully most of us are mature enough to control that need for speed until the right situations and right environments, where there is little to no chance of anything going wrong or someone getting hurt.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Funny thread. I thought it was only the ricer crowd that acted like their car was the be all end all and that all other cars suck. What's wrong with liking them both?
Old 09-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Both great cars. There are several fast GTRs in town. Last time at the track, the fastest car by far was a stock looking black GTR. It was running low 10s@145+ all night. Only c7 there was running 13s.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:42 AM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Some people just never grow up. Why is there this need to prove something? It must be a self esteem issue.
I know what my car is capable of doing and I don't need to show off. Don't speed by others to show your car can go fast, go slow so they can admire it. Every car built has its "nitch" to please certain groups of people. We even have a guy that brings his purple Gremlin with a 427 just to have fun and get some of us wondering, WTF?

Get notified of new replies

To GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7

Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by ta70raiii
They are certainly fast, but I don't really dig the look.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodson
Funny thread. I thought it was only the ricer crowd that acted like their car was the be all end all and that all other cars suck. What's wrong with liking them both?
Actually its worst than that. The thread is about how all owners of a certain car act a certain way? How can we put an entire group in one category? Sounds a bit narrow minded to me.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
efein95
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpgt
Like you I am fortunate enough to own both a 2014 GTR and C7 Z51. By sheer coincidence my GTR is also white and my C7 Laguna Blue (I bet we share the same taste in women too lol). I love them both but the GTR gets way more attention than the C7. I agree very different cars but both awesome and fun to drive. In terms of encountering *******s on the road trying to show off, I find this much more of a problem when I am driving the GTR.
Hopping on the GTR/C7 bandwagon! But we have a blue 2014 GTR and a white C7 Z51. I find that they both attract attention, but from different types of people. I think that more diehard car fanatics react to the GTR than they do to the Stingray... it just attracts people's attention regardless of whether they're car people or not. Both are works of art in their own way. So blessed to have the two of them!

Quick Reply: GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7