Sponsored by:

GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 11:57 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
I don't agree with this statement. The truth is the GTR guy was upset and cranky that no one toke up his challenge. He probably went home and kicked the family dog and threw the trash can into the street.

I have a local GTR that challenges me everytime he see's me at a cruise-in. His GTR tricked out with about 1200 hp. I keep telling him that I don't street race, it's illegal, but if he wants to entertain me at the local race track, I'd be glad to take him up on his offer.

Now you & I and most everyone know that it's not always the car with the most hp that wins the day. I think my driving talent with half his hp will win the day. Then I'll be writing a kind note to Ron Fellows for all the performance driving tips I learned in 2 trips to Spring Mtn. in Pahrump, Nevada.
What the heck is that hanging off the front of your car? Did you run into batman? I'm all for front splitters, but that thing is just ridiculous.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:14 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

Wow, I find it interesting how we make a mountain out of a molehill. There has always been and always will be drivers in cars that will do things that others consider stupid. What if if had been a Volvo that did exactly what the GTR's did, would you have given it second thought? What if it had been another C7, see it can go on and on.

As for passing a line caravan of corvettes, don't we pass lines of trucks and other cars every day? Some people don't like getting caught behind caravans and pass them..that's just how it is. So, the speed limit is 65, guess what, there is always someone that will pass those that are driving the legal 65 speed limit.

There are quite a few GTRs, Ferraris, Lambos, C7s and many other high end cars around here, and I have to admit that I haven't encountered anyone in either of the brands that would make me call anyone names just because they drove that brand. What I did see is two Porsche mechanics out on the interstate playing cat and mouse with either their cars or "someone else s". Still doesn't give me a reason to not like Porsche drivers. I could be one of those guys that just don't get caught up in the small things that happen daily.

Lots of great cars on the roads and lots of great people driving them and lots of idiots also.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:17 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodson
Funny thread. I thought it was only the ricer crowd that acted like their car was the be all end all and that all other cars suck. What's wrong with liking them both?
Inferiority Complex !
Old 09-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,357 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vetteEd
I don't agree with this statement. The truth is the GTR guy was upset and cranky that no one toke up his challenge. He probably went home and kicked the family dog and threw the trash can into the street.

I have a local GTR that challenges me everytime he see's me at a cruise-in. His GTR tricked out with about 1200 hp. I keep telling him that I don't street race, it's illegal, but if he wants to entertain me at the local race track, I'd be glad to take him up on his offer.

Now you & I and most everyone know that it's not always the car with the most hp that wins the day. I think my driving talent with half his hp will win the day. Then I'll be writing a kind note to Ron Fellows for all the performance driving tips I learned in 2 trips to Spring Mtn. in Pahrump, Nevada.
Comical.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:40 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I get more vette people acting like ******, and pulling stuff like this than any other car. My daily driver is a mustang and I get vette people pulling this car far more often than anything else. It seems they like to show off their cars too. There are dumb owners of every type of car.

I've said it many times, the owners are the worst part about owning a vette.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:50 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
So wait a minute. A guy in a fast car, saw someone else driving a fast car, and then proceeded to drive fast in his car? And this is news? Or this somehow means all GTR drivers are azzholes?

This has been happening since the beginning of the automobile folks. Nothing to see here, but guys being guys and playing with their toys. I'm not condoning the people driving recklessly on public streets.. but noone on this forum is any less guilty of doing the same. We all bought fast cars for a reason, and that reason is usually to go fast at some point and time. Hopefully most of us are mature enough to control that need for speed until the right situations and right environments, where there is little to no chance of anything going wrong or someone getting hurt.
2 GT-R drivers acting irrational on the same morning was interesting enough to post, yes. Based on the number of replies, it seems others believe it was an interesting topic. Can you point to the place in my OP or anywhere in this thread where someone called ALL GT-R drivers azzholes.

One could also argue it wasn't "news" that it wasn't news to you.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 09-29-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
gunnerjuju
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ta70raiii
They are certainly fast, but I don't really dig the look.

perfromance = looks =
Old 09-29-2014, 09:05 PM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite275
I am and was out there the night you ran the RS7. That's one badass ride. I've got the Laguna Blue C7 that looks like the one you got rid of.
yeah man how you doing ……… i love all fast cars life is good
Old 09-29-2014, 09:08 PM
need4speedmotors
Supporting Vendor

Received 190 Likes on 182 Posts

Their both great cars in my opinion.

For everyday I would take the C7

for those hard canyon drives I love doing I would take the GT-R

& yes you are correct they did change up their driving to show off.

I see it happen a lot here in Southern California.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:18 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I don't think I have EVER seen a GTR in my part of the world. Or maybe I have and it was just to plain to notice?
Old 09-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Gozilla
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a Laguna Blue C-7. I smiled the entire drive home. I never thought I would find myself in a corvette. I own a Nissan store and have had two GTRs and four other Nissans featured in Tuner magazines. I chose the manual vette because it is so fun to drive. It takes me back to my muscle car days. As a GTR owner you can't help but to feel like "hey look at me I'm in a GTR" I guess it's human nature. When I am driving the corvette I couldn't care less what other people are saying or doing. I just love driving it. The GTR was boring. I used to take it to the drag strip and run low 10s with the A/C on drinking a Starbucks latte. I do, however, miss the drifting contests we use to have in my dealership's back parking lot. Those RWD tuner guys are insane!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:32 AM
sharpgt
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tambeng
She is the Godzilla?

Out of curiosity, how is the reliability of the 2013 GTR? I heard numerous complains about transmission and launch control.

Thank you.
I traded my 2009 with 38,000 miles in on my 2014 now with 11,000 miles on it. Neither car ever had a single trip to the dealer other than for routine maintenance. I doubt my C7 will fare as well but I stil love it.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm only posting today.. because I want to let the entire world know that TWO toyota corollas passed me.. clearly going faster than the speed limit this morning.

One even switched lanes without using his turn signal.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
I'm only posting today.. because I want to let the entire world know that TWO toyota corollas passed me.. clearly going faster than the speed limit this morning.

One even switched lanes without using his turn signal.
Now THATS definitely NOT "news". Although I get your attempt at trying to provide us with humorous sarcasm.

However, it's not every day you see 2 GT-Rs in the same morning, both acting like fools. THATS "News", and why this thread exists.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 09-30-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ
My theory is that most GT-R owners must be suffering from lack of attention and somehow feel the need to compensate for their car's lack of "looks" by showing owners of the much easier on the eyes C7 how fast THEIR car is.
Not even close. I'm friends with someone who has a modded one and when we drive around it attracts a ton of attention.

I may be in the "lucky bunch" of having both in the household real soon. My fiance wants one. This way she can stop bugging me to drive my car all the freaking time.

Originally Posted by MrGTC
Not to sound defensive for the GTRs but I'm sure there's a few C7 drivers who behave the exact same way as those two GTR drivers. There's always a few bad apples in every crowd. I don't like the GTR's appearance but its performance is undeniable.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:17 PM
tambeng
Racer

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
Not even close. I'm friends with someone who has a modded one and when we drive around it attracts a ton of attention.

I may be in the "lucky bunch" of having both in the household real soon. My fiance wants one. This way she can stop bugging me to drive my car all the freaking time.

For people that into cars, Nissan GTR creates lots of interest because it has so much great reviews and not that many GTRs are around.

For regular people (which most of the entire population), GTR is just another sedan out there, whereas for vette, most can identify.

Last edited by tambeng; 09-30-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:24 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nosferatu

Here in AZ with all the sports cars, the GT-R does not seem to get much attention based on looks. Around here the way most (not all) GT-R drivers drive is what is getting them (negative) attention. The motive for their sometimes irrational driving behavior is up for debate. However I'm sticking with my theory that they are attention starved.

My wife notices sports cars and makes note of them when we're driving. Neither GT-R even caught her eye that morning. If I hadn't said something to her, both would have been ignored, kind of like a couple of Corollas.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 09-30-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7

Old 09-30-2014, 02:32 PM
tambeng
Racer

Here in AZ the GT-R does not seem to get much attention based on looks. Around here the way most (not all) GT-R drivers drive is what is getting them (negative) attention.

My wife notices sports cars and makes note of them when we're driving. Neither GT-R even caught her eye that morning. If I hadn't said something to her, both would have been ignored, kind of like a couple of Corollas.
Ok, you exaggerate a bit there :-), not Corolla, maybe Infinity G35 with wings.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,357 Likes on 785 Posts

Here in AZ with all the sports cars, the GT-R does not seem to get much attention based on looks. Around here the way most (not all) GT-R drivers drive is what is getting them (negative) attention. The motive for their sometimes irrational driving behavior is up for debate. However I'm sticking with my theory that they are attention starved.

You ever think that maybe they like it that way?
Old 09-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Gozilla
Intermediate

Default A Lamborghini Wave

I took the top off today (something I couldn't do with my GTR) I was just cruising along the DC beltway when a yellow Lamborghini hummed by. He waved. Curiously, I waved back. That wouldn't have happened in the GTR. Maybe it was a "top off wind blowing " thing. I gave him a nice big wave as he exited. Maybe I'm getting soft. Oh well the Vette brings out the best in me.

Quick Reply: GT-R Drivers Reactions to C7