Sponsored by:

BE CAREFUL when moving the seat back electronically

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 01:01 PM
footba4672
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default BE CAREFUL when moving the seat back electronically

I had an issue yesterday when I parked in the sun and I moved the seat back all the way forward to block the sun form the driver's seat. When I got back to the car the seat back would not move and the seat would only move forward. I called AAA and luckily the driver took time to investigaste. As the manual says if the seat comes in contact with the carpet it will not move. The manual fails to mention the sensor issue that occurs when this happens. After some time I moved the edge of the seat away from the carpet and the driver found the sensor and moved it out of the way of the seat. The seat went back, the seatback went back and I was able to drive home and not have it flatbedded.
I want to thank the gentleman in the C6 Z06 for taklng time with his wife sitting in his car trying to help me. It showws me again just want the Corvette brotherhood is all about. I will now use the manual seat back relase to move the seat back forward.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:16 PM
gregb1812
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the tip!

I had know idea there was a sensor...
Old 09-29-2014, 06:23 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A while back I took mine in for some seat issues and came to find out (based on the documents in this file) that some of what I was experiencing was normal operation. Aggravating, but normal.

I should probably post these docs separately as well.

Please check this out...
Attached Images
Old 09-29-2014, 06:55 PM
MWAZ
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tentorium
A while back I took mine in for some seat issues and came to find out (based on the documents in this file) that some of what I was experiencing was normal operation. Aggravating, but normal.

I should probably post these docs separately as well.

Please check this out...

Thanks. This explains the intermittent problem I had. :thumbs
Old 09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

I'm a big proponent of manual seats, and this is part of the reason why.

I just recently bought a Lincoln Town Car from a neighbor's widow mainly to help her out financially. After I had agreed to do this, it was discovered that the driver's seat is stuck in the full forward position and the car is undriveable by all but the smallest person.

Doing some research on the problem, I find that many seat problems on Lincolns are attributable to the memory seat function because the seat is moving every time the driver enters or exits the car and it's wearing out the motors and gears.

I'm thinking that if I get a C7, I'm going to try to avoid using the seat memory function.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebz06

I just recently bought a Lincoln Town Car from a neighbor's widow mainly to help her out financially. After I had agreed to do this, it was discovered that the driver's seat is stuck in the full forward position and the car is undriveable by all but the smallest person.

Doing some research on the problem, I find that many seat problems on Lincolns are attributable to the memory seat function because the seat is moving every time the driver enters or exits the car and it's wearing out the motors and gears.

I'm thinking that if I get a C7, I'm going to try to avoid using the seat memory function.

I use the power seat function all the time, on trips I constantly change seat positions. Never had a problem.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:47 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebz06

Steve the function can be turned off. On the other side I've had a fair amount of GM cars with memory seats.... most notable a 00 C5 for 13 years. Never had a problem. Why GM could not duplicate that function in the c7...... WHO knows?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

Thanks for the info!
I have the 3LT power seats and now the manual control tilt lever/switch is not working and will not allow me tilt the driver seat forward [passenger side works fine], the power control still work fine, any ideas on how to fix this?

Get notified of new replies

To BE CAREFUL when moving the seat back electronically

Quick Reply: BE CAREFUL when moving the seat back electronically