Sponsored by:

Seat Memory question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:26 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Seat Memory question

On my wife's new 2015 M7 coupe, we've programmed her seat position into memory button 1. Is there a way for it to move to that position if the start button is pressed without the clutch depressed?

With the seat in the entry/exit position she can't reach the clutch. Obviously she can press and hold the seat memory button down, but it would be more convenient to just press the start button once to move the seat and then depress the clutch, and then press the start button again to start the car.

Thanks,
David
Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587839911
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I just hold the switch, both for exit and seat position 1 or 2. Not really much gain when you think about the other button pushing/clutching for seat movement.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,295 Likes on 857 Posts

Default M7 seat memory update

Originally Posted by DWG
On my wife's new 2015 M7 coupe, we've programmed her seat position into memory button 1. Is there a way for it to move to that position if the start button is pressed without the clutch depressed?

With the seat in the entry/exit position she can't reach the clutch. Obviously she can press and hold the seat memory button down, but it would be more convenient to just press the start button once to move the seat and then depress the clutch, and then press the start button again to start the car.

Thanks,
David
There was a software update you could request for 2014 M7 that would do this. I don't know if the seat recall on start option is standard on 2015 or if you need to have the dealer install it. You can press the start button without clutch and the seat moves. Press with clutch and seat moves / car starts.

See this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...te-for-m7.html

Ron
Old 09-29-2014, 11:26 PM
DWG
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RonC7
There was a software update you could request for 2014 M7 that would do this. I don't know if the seat recall on start option is standard on 2015 or if you need to have the dealer install it. You can press the start button without clutch and the seat moves. Press with clutch and seat moves / car starts.

See this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...te-for-m7.html

Ron
Maybe the 2015's still need the update! I followed the instructions in the manual and read that thread and watched the video. Do I have to pair the remote with the setting? Her remote was in the car when we memorized the settings.

Right now when she shuts off the car the seats and steering wheel go to our programmed exit positions. If she gets in and presses the start button the seat moves even farther back. She has to press the 1 button on the door or slide down and press the clutch for the seat to go to the memorized position.

The settings are: Vehicle>Comfort & Convenience>Auto Memory Recall>On - At Ignition On.

David
Old 09-30-2014, 12:35 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by DWG
Maybe the 2015's still need the update! I followed the instructions in the manual and read that thread and watched the video. Do I have to pair the remote with the setting? Her remote was in the car when we memorized the settings.

Right now when she shuts off the car the seats and steering wheel go to our programmed exit positions. If she gets in and presses the start button the seat moves even farther back. She has to press the 1 button on the door or slide down and press the clutch for the seat to go to the memorized position.

The settings are: Vehicle>Comfort & Convenience>Auto Memory Recall>On - At Ignition On.

David
Try with the other remote instead of the one she is currently using. Make sure the current remote is nowhere nearby.

You have the correct setting, and you would not have the "At Ignition On" option without the update.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:38 AM
larasea
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DWG

David
I had the same set of problems after the computer upgrade on my 2014. Here's how I solved problems: 1: Change fob. 2: Have your wife set her exit position just far enough back so she can still reach the clutch and exit the vehicle easily. Hope this helps. I now can exit easily and depress clutch upon entry for memory to engage.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DWG

Thanks,
David
i recently got the flash update from my dealer Clutch needs to be engaged for the seat to move to driving position on ignition
Old 09-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Dr Jay
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DWG

David
My '15 operates the same as that. The "update" does not work right in that pushing the ignition switch actually moves the seat farther back, just as you say. It's not a problem for me because I am tall enough to push the clutch in and start the car before pushing the button. But, it's a little surprising that the '15s do not have the update activated properly. Or am I missing something?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Make sure the eBrake is set, or it won't work with the "Ignition On".
Old 09-30-2014, 10:20 AM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,295 Likes on 857 Posts

Default Try the other fob

Try the other fob. The car assigns fob #1 to the first one it "sees." Make memory settings #1 and #2 different and then try each fob. You'll figure out which one the car thinks is #1 and #2 pretty quick.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Dr Jay
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Make sure the eBrake is set, or it won't work with the "Ignition On".
eBrake is on. Still no luck
Old 09-30-2014, 11:14 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Didja set Settings/Vehicle/Comfort And Convenience/Auto Memory Recall/On-At Ignition On, and Easy Exit Options On?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Make sure your exit position is not set so that the seat back is hitting the bulkhead limit switch (don't set it all the way back).
Old 09-30-2014, 12:20 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I just hold the switch, both for exit and seat position 1 or 2. Not really much gain when you think about the other button pushing/clutching for seat movement.
Agree, except I have the Easy Exit set to ON and Auto Recall to OFF. It does move by itself to the exit position when I open the door and stays there until I push and hold the memory button. However been at this for a year so have gotten in the habit of pushing and holding the seat memory button with a finger on my left hand while I pull the belt buckle over with my right. My wife is always saying I should learn to "multitask," so this is my multitask! Pushing the start button with my right hand (I can’t reach the clutch with the seat all the way back) would mean I could not multitask and do both at once! Still have to push in the clutch and hit the start button either way!
Guess they could not make it a true software “upgrade” and operate like the C6 with a one touch press. Either the software person did not understand what the C6 did or it was the same person who built in a “move to the preset position when the door opens!” Have never understood who would want that feature! Maybe they farmed out that software to a person overseas who never drove a car!

Last edited by JerryU; 09-30-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:24 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by JerryU
Agree, except I have the Easy Exit set to ON and Auto Recall to OFF. It does move by itself to the exit position when I open the door and stays there until I push and hold the memory button. However been at this for a year so have gotten in the habit of pushing and holding the seat memory button with a finger on my left hand while I pull the belt buckle over with my right. My wife is always saying I should learn to "multitask," so this is my multitask! Pushing the start button with my right hand (I can’t reach the clutch with the seat all the way back) would mean I could not multitask and do both at once! Still have to push in the clutch and hit the start button either way!
Guess they could not make it a true software “upgrade” and operate like the C6 with a one touch press. Either the software person did not understand what the C6 did or it was the same person who built in a “move to the preset position when the door opens!” Have never understood who would want that feature! Maybe they farmed out that software to a person overseas who never drove a car!
The firmware update WILL fix it so you only need press AND RELEASE the START button and whichever memory matches the FOB you have in the car will be recalled. Once the seat moves into position, you can then depress the clutch pedal and press START again to start the car.

There is no need at all to press any of the memory buttons....
Old 09-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Dr Jay
Advanced

Originally Posted by KenHorse
The firmware update WILL fix it so you only need press AND RELEASE the START button and whichever memory matches the FOB you have in the car will be recalled. Once the seat moves into position, you can then depress the clutch pedal and press START again to start the car.

There is no need at all to press any of the memory buttons....
Apparently this forum is MAGIC! After one month of trying, the update took hold! It now works as advertised. I didn't do anything differently except read the forum today. Yay!

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Memory question

Old 09-30-2014, 03:32 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

For those wanting to know how to set the features for mn7 call me. I set down push start button on fasten my seat belt close door and seat is in driving position. I set emergency brake shut engine down open door seat moves to the exit position I never touch a button if you are having to hold buttons you have seat to far back or have something else checked on that should be off. Oh and the 2014 updates are whats needed if you haven't done that yet.
770-886-8843 cell 770-316-8528
z51vett
Doug
Old 09-30-2014, 03:36 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

You need the 2014 update if you've had that done you exit position is to far to the rear there is a little sensor that bite me and would cause seat to work on occasion till I moved the exit position an inch forward.
z51vett
Doug
Old 09-30-2014, 06:18 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by z51vett
You need the 2014 update if you've had that done you exit position is to far to the rear there is a little sensor that bite me and would cause seat to work on occasion till I moved the exit position an inch forward.
z51vett
Doug
Perhaps you misunderstood. I have no problem, been doing the same thing since mid-October 2013! I do two things at once, push and hold the memory button with my left hand while I buckle the seat belt with my right! It’s easier to grab the belt with the seat back so I do both at the same time!
I was hoping the new (not better in my opinion) software would be like the C6 but it is not so I won’t bother.
Just like closing the rear hatch, I keep the door open and it’s fine. I’m happy and now can stand by the driver’s door, gently push on the hatch left edge with my right hand and it latches fine! To each his own. Fewer work arounds with the Vette than my Microsoft products, Dreamweaver web software etc. etc.!

Quick Reply: Seat Memory question