Sponsored by:

iPod question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 PM
doug doo wop
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default iPod question

I go out for a ride and have my ipod playing and I stop somewhere and turn off the car. I would assume that when I start my car again, the ipod will continue to play whatever was on when I stopped. But alot of times I can't get it to play at all. I shouldn't have to press on anything to start the music. What's going on? Thanks
Old 09-30-2014, 07:01 AM
cshanne
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not seen the issue you are having on my car. When I am listening to my iPod and turn the car off, it does pick up where it left off and I do not shave to press any buttons to get it to play. The one irritation I see is that I constantly have to tell it to shuffle songs even when it was on that setting when I turned the car off.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:58 AM
Rgeezer
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cshanne
The one irritation I see is that I constantly have to tell it to shuffle songs even when it was on that setting when I turned the car off.
A fellow forumite solved this one for me earlier--you have to set it to SHUFFLE under options on the Ipod itself, in addition to setting it to shuffle in the infotainment settings. Then it will shuffle every time without redo-ing it.

For the OP, I've sometimes had a bit of trouble with the ipod interface in this and other cars, and noticed that if you turn the infotainment system off (the main power switch) before shutting the car off, it works as intended when you restart the car and turn it back on again--you are right where you left off. Sometimes (more often in my Toyota than in my Vette, but in both) shutting the car off while playing the ipod somehow freaks out the ipod, and I have to turn the ipod off and back on again before I can get it to play. Since its happened in both cars, I'm guessing this is a "feature" of the ipod (mine is a nano) more than the car.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 928 Likes on 486 Posts
Tech Contributor

if this is a ipod classic, they don't work every time, all the time - talon has explained it as the classic asking for more power than the USB behind the display can supply.

Get notified of new replies

To iPod question

Quick Reply: iPod question