Sponsored by:

Constraint Reports

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Comebackid
Yes I do. Looking back at my e-mail exchanges, it looks like the dealer may have screwed up.

May 22 - Put down deposit and place order.

June 23 - I e-mailed my dealer to ask about status and my order # so I can call customer care. He provides it. I call customer care, no dice.

June 27 - I ask dealer for Workbench Order. It states the order is 4 days old. Shouldn't it be 35+ days old?

Looks like when I asked for the order # he probably realized he never put it in and did it on the spot. Great! Maybe I'll get my first Corvette in time for a 2 foot snow storm.
Be aware that some dealers do not enter the order until they have an allocation to assign it to. Other dealers enter the order as soon as you give them the details/deposit. Makes no difference as to when your car is built because until an order is assigned to an allocation, it really means nothing. Once your order is assigned to an allocation, buy the next Tuesday you will be at 2000 and will quickly move beyond that. an order entered without an allocation to assign it to will just sit at 1100 until it is assigned to an allocation. at that point, it follows the same routine, moving to 2000 by the next Tuesday, etc.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Default Order

Great news! Did you order a Z51?
No, it's a Z06
Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Be aware that some dealers do not enter the order until they have an allocation to assign it to. Other dealers enter the order as soon as you give them the details/deposit. Makes no difference as to when your car is built because until an order is assigned to an allocation, it really means nothing. Once your order is assigned to an allocation, buy the next Tuesday you will be at 2000 and will quickly move beyond that. an order entered without an allocation to assign it to will just sit at 1100 until it is assigned to an allocation. at that point, it follows the same routine, moving to 2000 by the next Tuesday, etc.
I understand. I recall being third in line when I put my deposit/order. Now I'm first. So my dealer probably waits until allocation to put the order in. I thought it was strange that when I asked and received my order #, that it listed the date I asked for it as the first day. I appreciate your insight.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:35 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

I should add that regardless of when your order gets entered into the system, be sure to get a copy of the OrderWorkbench and verify everything is correct (model, options, colors, etc.). Also verify that it is entered as a sold order and has your name on it - these will give you price protection if there is a price increase. The report can be sent via email if you ordered from a dealer that is not local to you.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Comebackid
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

I should add that regardless of when your order gets entered into the system, be sure to get a copy of the OrderWorkbench and verify everything is correct (model, options, colors, etc.). Also verify that it is entered as a sold order and has your name on it - these will give you price protection if there is a price increase. The report can be sent via email if you ordered from a dealer that is not local to you.
Yes. I have a copy. It indicates 'Order Type: SRE - Retail Sold' so I'll assume you're referring to that.

As far as price, we agreed on supplier price since I got my authorization code from the credit union 2 months prior to July 15 (code expires December 2015). He has the code but can't input it into the system since the options did not have the prices populated alongside them when I placed the order. I read somewhere that even though the CU program changed on July 15, any authorization codes obtained prior to that date will be honored at supplier price.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:43 PM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Yes. I have a copy. It indicates 'Order Type: SRE - Retail Sold' so I'll assume you're referring to that.

As far as price, we agreed on supplier price since I got my authorization code from the credit union 2 months prior to July 15 (code expires December 2015). He has the code but can't input it into the system since the options did not have the prices populated alongside them when I placed the order. I read somewhere that even though the CU program changed on July 15, any authorization codes obtained prior to that date will be honored at supplier price.

I'm using supplier and when my dealer was building my car in workbench no prices were shown either. He stated it would populate to supplier when the car was Invoiced.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:06 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Precisely. Case in point - I placed my order on Tuesday, and it was status 1100. Yesterday my dealer received an allocation and pushed the order, and I validated this morning that it has moved to status code 2000 and has a TPP (target production period) of 8/10 - 8/16.

This information is available to your dealer, and they should be willing to share it with you if they are on the up and up.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
Precisely. Case in point - I placed my order on Tuesday, and it was status 1100. Yesterday my dealer received an allocation and pushed the order, and I validated this morning that it has moved to status code 2000 and has a TPP (target production period) of 8/10 - 8/16.

This information is available to your dealer, and they should be willing to share it with you if they are on the up and up.
I'm right there with you. I have the same TPW time. My best news was that the B92 Exposed CF hood on my AW Z06 isn't a constraint right now even though I saw that it was listed as being so on the Constraint thread on the forum. IDK why it went through and really don't care why. I'm just happy to be getting it. I've seen the pics of it on dark colors, but think it should really pop! On the AW.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:25 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I'm right there with you. I have the same TPW time. My best news was that the B92 Exposed CF hood on my AW Z06 isn't a constraint right now even though I saw that it was listed as being so on the Constraint thread on the forum. IDK why it went through and really don't care why. I'm just happy to be getting it. I've seen the pics of it on dark colors, but think it should really pop! On the AW.
On the 16 July constraint report, it shows only the B92 CF hood insert being on constraint on NightRace Blue cars at 0%. For all other colors, it's 40%. Unless more than 40% of Z06 buyers want the visible CF hood, the constraint won't affect you.

Remember, constraints are not usually total prohibitions on options, but limits.

Last edited by fdxpilot; 07-18-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:40 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
I thought you could not get a production date until #3300 How can you get it at 2000
Old 07-20-2015, 10:01 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Dealer can get a TPP (target production period) at status code 2000. TPW should be established during that time frame, and code will have progressed as well.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 PM
JoeCT
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

Are there typically allocations to the dealers every week at this stage or is it unpredictable?
Old 07-22-2015, 12:40 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Dealer can get a TPP (target production period) at status code 2000. TPW should be established during that time frame, and code will have progressed as well.
I've never seen a TPW before hitting 3000.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:27 AM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

First time I've ever heard of a TPP! must be secret squirrel stuff?
Old 07-22-2015, 07:51 AM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Ammo
TPP is given in the constraint report.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:53 AM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Ammo
Here you go: http://bfy.tw/wBY
Old 07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Hello everyone - I will post this weeks constraints info this evening.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraint Reports

Old 07-23-2015, 05:18 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I've never seen a TPW before hitting 3000.
Just to be clear... TPP is not the same as TPW.

I personally saw the TPP listed in the Workbench order status (when at 2000) at my dealership.

Still waiting for TPW to be assigned, currently at 3000 as of Monday.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:49 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Tennis Freak also appeared to have been provided his TPP (4/16-22) during his wait:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ave-a-tpw.html

His TPW appears to have ended up being 4/27 and built on 5/1
Old 07-27-2015, 05:08 PM
RonnieC6Z
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 230 Posts

My dealer tried to place my order 2 days ago but emailed me today saying that Z51 is on constraint. I wonder how long that will last?