Sponsored by:

Constraint Reports

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 08:58 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by dlparsons
It's as simple as this. Supply and Demand. First, if they limit supply, there will be more demand. Second, they can only produce so many cars on the line, they have to look at how many they can produce and then they use Dealership seniority (how many cars did they order in the past) to determine who will get the largest piece of the pie. That's a version of customer loyalty which I can respect as a business person. Doesn't necessarily mean I like it, but I can respect that.

I would rather them limit the number of orders to the number of cars they can produce as they are doing. Alternatively, they could just accept everyone's orders and but then have them sit in limbo until there's room on the line - which could take months or even into the following model year. The way they are doing it, at least once an order is picked up by GM, they are moving through the system quickly now that production is up and running.

As a consumer, there are options. One can always order from a dealer that has allocations (there have been several on here advertising open allocations for M7) or you can choose to be loyal to the dealership that has worked with you in the past and wait until they get an open allocation.

If you are first in line at your dealership, they CAN tell you if they have any allocations for 2015. They may not be able to tell you when GM will let them use that allocation, but they DO know if they have one. Verify with your dealer to make sure they are getting an allocation, and don't buy a story about them now knowing, they were all told their allocations months ago.
Thanks for your insight....well stated.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:47 AM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

I ordered my loaded (but only 1LT) Z51 on 10/23 from Florida's largest Vette dealer. No other constraints, as I wanted glass top. It is still at 1100. A few days before I stopped at the dealership to check out colors, etc. and they had about 30 new Vettes and a couple more truckloads arriving. Salesman said they had been arriving in as little as 4 wks from date of order, if constraints weren't an issue. Did say they had some non-glass topped base cars that had set in the order bank up to 8 wks before being picked up because of top constraints.

Day after my order showed up at 1100, I was told that all of a sudden there seemed to be difficulty in getting allocations. To date they claim they haven't had any Z-51 allocations for several weeks, but that it appears that GM will open up allocations shortly. Their inventory has also diminished quite a lot.

There were comments on this forum from another very large dealer that backed up this comment from my dealer.

From what I can determine,, large dealers with numerous Z06 allocations during the last several weeks, have not gotten many, or in some instances, any other slots.

While I thought about just purchasing a vehicle from the dealer's inventory, and not getting a couple options I wanted, I chose to wait for the color and magnetic ride control, that I really want.

Compromising with a car purchase that most of us will keep for several years, may seem OK at the time, but it won't be long before you will regret your decision.

I am taking "Patience Pills" and going to be thankful for my decision.
I am also planning all my tweaks and mods!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2014, 10:05 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by EcoBrick Bob
I ordered my loaded (but only 1LT) Z51 on 10/23 from Florida's largest Vette dealer. No other constraints, as I wanted glass top. It is still at 1100. A few days before I stopped at the dealership to check out colors, etc. and they had about 30 new Vettes and a couple more truckloads arriving. Salesman said they had been arriving in as little as 4 wks from date of order, if constraints weren't an issue. Did say they had some non-glass topped base cars that had set in the order bank up to 8 wks before being picked up because of top constraints.

Day after my order showed up at 1100, I was told that all of a sudden there seemed to be difficulty in getting allocations. To date they claim they haven't had any Z-51 allocations for several weeks, but that it appears that GM will open up allocations shortly. Their inventory has also diminished quite a lot.

There were comments on this forum from another very large dealer that backed up this comment from my dealer.

From what I can determine,, large dealers with numerous Z06 allocations during the last several weeks, have not gotten many, or in some instances, any other slots.

While I thought about just purchasing a vehicle from the dealer's inventory, and not getting a couple options I wanted, I chose to wait for the color and magnetic ride control, that I really want.

Compromising with a car purchase that most of us will keep for several years, may seem OK at the time, but it won't be long before you will regret your decision.

I am taking "Patience Pills" and going to be thankful for my decision.
I am also planning all my tweaks and mods!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Bob...Can you provide the name of the dealer? I would like to look at their existing inventory. Feel free to PM me, if you don't want to name the dealer in this public forum. Thanks in advance for any reply.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 AM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Lorenzo Bomnin Chevrolet in Coral Gables (Miami) claims to be the largest in FL. I tried to buy a Z06 from them and got nowhere. I've read nothing good about them so caveat emptor.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:17 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Can someone provide the link or post # to the chart of current constraints. I can't seem to locate the latest list. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Can someone provide the link or post # to the chart of current constraints. I can't seem to locate the latest list. Thanks in advance.

LOL. If were any closer it would bite you. Go to the first post in this thread. That post has links to all of the weekly constraint reports.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:31 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Is anyone having a hard time getting the C7 Torch Red with Torch Red body color painted removeable top?

I see the constraint is at 35% which doesn't tell me much, as I am not quite sure how these constraints work and what the number 35% really represents.

Any insight would be helpful.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Is anyone having a hard time getting the C7 Torch Red with Torch Red body color painted removeable top?

I see the constraint is at 35% which doesn't tell me much, as I am not quite sure how these constraints work and what the number 35% really represents.

Any insight would be helpful.
The 35% means that on a nationwide basis, only 35% of the allocations given to dealers will include the standard roof. The results for an individual dealer may vary substantially from this 35% figure. For example, they may get lucky and have their only allocation allow the painted roof (so, 100% for them). On the other hand, they might be unlucky and get no painted roofs out of 4 allocations (0% for them). It seems that the larger dealers tend to get a slightly higher percentage and smaller dealers tend to get a smaller percentage. The color of your car makes no difference in this case.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:52 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
LOL. If were any closer it would bite you. Go to the first post in this thread. That post has links to all of the weekly constraint reports.
You have the patience of a saint!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:10 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fdxpilot
You have the patience of a saint!
I just didn't see it......OK? Now I know where it is for the future.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:48 PM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I just didn't see it......OK? Now I know where it is for the future.
Wasn't referring to you in particular. The same questions keep coming up, over and over. Despite a wealth of reference materials in the stickie section at the top of the forum, lots of people don't do a minimum of research, or even looking down the page for the other two or three threads on the same subject. If I tried to moderate one of these forums, I would have smashed my laptop to pieces by now.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:21 PM
EcoBrick Bob
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

The largest Corvette allocation for 2014 was Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City. I would assume they are the largest for the 15 model year also.
Plant City is about 10 mi east of Tampa and near Lakeland and not far from Orlando, right on I-4. They may not be the biggest overall Chevy dealer in FL, but they currently have 15 Chevy (Holden) SS, so specialize in performance vehicles.

Their Z06 allocation is over 50, but since I wasn't interested in one, I have no idea if they are all sold, or what mix of sticks, autos and option packages they will be getting for customers.

Interestingly, most of their current inventory is 1 & 2 LT, with a nice mix of both base cars and Z51. They were very nice to deal with and are not at all high pressure. I highly recommend them, considering I am a first-time purchaser at their location.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:06 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

what about build week 12/22/14? dealer called me today and gave me that week.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:13 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

My understanding is the plant shuts down on Dec 22nd or 23rd, and resumes production on Jan 5th, 2015.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:34 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Default if you look at page 684

My understanding is the plant shuts down on Dec 22nd or 23rd, and resumes production on Jan 5th, 2015.
on the order tracking thread on this forum you will see three people with 12/22 build week=gman67, and hypnotoad, sting15 ray have MCM buyers tour with their build and they are asking what is up with that on the short week. im ok with a build week of 1/12/15 or later( i live in a snow belt) but the dealer called me with 12/22/14 and he knows im in NO HURRY. also you did not post week of 1/5/15. please start digging! thanks
Old 11-28-2014, 07:06 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

i just looked at page 682 of order tracking thread and CHEVY CUST SVC gave kghia and janicept a build week of 12/22/14 also. as i said im ok with a later build date- dealer called me with that date and i have never called him sence the day i orderd the car for the tracking number.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:46 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming no Constraints Report on 11/27 due to Turkey Day. Right?

Get notified of new replies

To Constraint Reports

Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

12/4 Constraints?
The Z06 w/A8 is now being accepted!
Old 12-04-2014, 10:42 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Ordered a 1LT in Torch Red with matching body color roof. Order went in yesterday (12/03/2014) placed by the dealer and I have tracking number. I see constraint says 35%.......which doesn't mean much to me.

Question?

What is the likelihood that my order will go through without any problems for the matching Torch Red roof.

I just can't figure out how this contraint deal works. 35% of what?
Old 12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Ordered a 1LT in Torch Red with matching body color roof. Order went in yesterday (12/03/2014) placed by the dealer and I have tracking number. I see constraint says 35%.......which doesn't mean much to me.

Question?

What is the likelihood that my order will go through without any problems for the matching Torch Red roof.

I just can't figure out how this contraint deal works. 35% of what?

35% means only 35% of the orders with that option will be accepted.
So, you have about a 1 in 3 chance of the car with that option being accepted for production.