Constraint Reports

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 05:13 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 196 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob@ChampionMotors
Our friend just got a call from dealer and was informed that he has to pay for a transparent roof $1200 that he doesn't want, reason is that GM has a shortage of Carbon paint roofs.

Our car is schedule for production tomorrow with no constraints.
Any news on the exposed CF roofs? I know it's early for ours since we just placed the order this weekend but kind of wondering. This is the first one we ordered so it's a new experience for us. Had a bunch but either off the lot or used. My wife is getting a kick out of how excited I am about ordering one from the factory just the way we wanted it.

I've got the order number, how long does it take for that to get into GM's program so I can start tracking it?
Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by jwt1603
Any news on the exposed CF roofs? I know it's early for ours since we just placed the order this weekend but kind of wondering. This is the first one we ordered so it's a new experience for us. Had a bunch but either off the lot or used. My wife is getting a kick out of how excited I am about ordering one from the factory just the way we wanted it.

I've got the order number, how long does it take for that to get into GM's program so I can start tracking it?
Both Carbon Fiber roofs (painted and exposed) have been on constraint since the start of 2015 production, and I doubt this will change in the foreseeable future. If you have your order number, you can start tracking any time. You'll sit at 1100 until your dealer is able to assign your order to an allocation.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Both Carbon Fiber roofs (painted and exposed) have been on constraint since the start of 2015 production, and I doubt this will change in the foreseeable future. If you have your order number, you can start tracking any time. You'll sit at 1100 until your dealer is able to assign your order to an allocation.

Thanks. I didn't think I could go online and track it? Is there a website that's available to the public? I did join the sticky thread for open orders.

By the way, from your avatar it looks like we ordered one very similar to your.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jwt1603
Thanks. I didn't think I could go online and track it? Is there a website that's available to the public? I did join the sticky thread for open orders.

By the way, from your avatar it looks like we ordered one very similar to your.
Chevy took down their online order tracking site some time ago. You can get updates from the Order Tracking sticky thread, from "Chat" on Chevy.com or from your dealer. Frankly, your dealer should provide you with weekly emails with a copy of the GM Order Workbench. Tell your dealer that their Survey will include how well they communicate with you throughout the entire process and that you expect to get a weekly email update.

Mine is a Z51, M7, 3LT, MSRC, NPP, exposed CF roof, CF dash, yellow brake calipers, Museum delivery, carbon flash mirrors/spoiler, black wheels. Laguna Blue/Brownstone
Old 03-10-2015, 09:08 PM
jwt1603
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Chevy took down their online order tracking site some time ago. You can get updates from the Order Tracking sticky thread, from "Chat" on Chevy.com or from your dealer. Frankly, your dealer should provide you with weekly emails with a copy of the GM Order Workbench. Tell your dealer that their Survey will include how well they communicate with you throughout the entire process and that you expect to get a weekly email update.

Mine is a Z51, M7, 3LT, MSRC, NPP, exposed CF roof, CF dash, yellow brake calipers, Museum delivery, carbon flash mirrors/spoiler, black wheels. Laguna Blue/Brownstone
LB, gray int., Z51, 2LT, M7, exposed CF roof, Mag ride, battery protection, carbon flash badges, mirrors and rear spoiler, PDR, hood stinger, black wheels. Thinking about adding a splitter and side skirts once we get it. Wife didn't like the CF dash and it wasn't a deal breaker for me so we didn't order it. Couldn't do Museum Delivery because I travel too much for work, on short notice most of the time, so I wouldn't be able to schedule the pick up. We are ordering the build book from the Museum though.

The dealer is being very cool about it. Actually knows the options and quite a bit about Vettes. About an hour from home but they would do the Credit Union discount so we can drive an hour to Daytona Beach to save almost 7 grand. And the local dealers don't know anything about Vettes.

Thanks for the info. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

New Constraint Report posted
Old 03-20-2015, 09:41 AM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 127 Posts

Was there a consensus this week? Also any confirmation the last day to order 2015 is March 26th? What if my order doesn't get picked up next week? Turn into 2016?
Old 03-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

New report posted. If your 2015 order does not get picked up in the last consensus, it is NOT automatically rolled over to a 2016 order. Your order will have to be re-submitted as a 2016 order.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

March 26 constraint report posted.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:29 AM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Is there a consensus this week?
Old 04-04-2015, 09:53 AM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Nothing this week?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:17 PM
2Que4U
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thank You

Zymurgy, I join many others in thanking you for posting this valuable information. It was very helpful during the agonizing period of waiting for my car to arrive at the dealership. I was in the 2/9 TPW and I now have my vehicle. I wanted a painted top but, like countless others, I had to settle for the transparent top so that I could place the order. Like others, I had to pay an additional $995 because of the top issue. Soon, the 2016 models will be rolling off the assembly line and I can't help but wonder if these new customers will face the same constraint issues with the painted top. What will GM's answer be to these people? The car is fabulous, but the GM supply chain problems leave much to be desired. With the start of the 2016 productions, the painted top constraint would have affected three production years. What a way to run the railroad and the loyal customers suffer. I am not sure if we can effectively raise a voice to these constraint issues but surely, something should be done. Thanks.

Many have asked to have Constraints as a sticky thread. This post will be updated with a link each week to the most recent constraint thread. Older thread references will be kept so you can see a history of the constraints.

Constraints - March 26 for TPW of May 15 (both Z06 and non-Z06)
Constraints - March 19 for TPW of April 20 (non Z06)
Constraints - March 12 for TPW of April 13
Constraints - February 26 for TPW of April 6
Constraints - February 19 for TPW of March 23 (non-Z06)
Constraints - February 12 for TPW of March 9 (non-Z06) & March 30 (Z06)
Constraints - January 29 for TPW of March 2
Constraints - January 15 for TPW of February 9/23
Constraints - December 18 for TPW of February 2
Constraints - December 11 for TPW of January 26/19 (Z06)
Constraints - December 04 for TPW of January 12
Constraints - November 20 for TPW of January 12
Constraints - November 13 for TPW of December 15
Old 04-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 2Que4U
Zymurgy, I join many others in thanking you for posting this valuable information. It was very helpful during the agonizing period of waiting for my car to arrive at the dealership. I was in the 2/9 TPW and I now have my vehicle. I wanted a painted top but, like countless others, I had to settle for the transparent top so that I could place the order. Like others, I had to pay an additional $995 because of the top issue. Soon, the 2016 models will be rolling off the assembly line and I can't help but wonder if these new customers will face the same constraint issues with the painted top. What will GM's answer be to these people? The car is fabulous, but the GM supply chain problems leave much to be desired. With the start of the 2016 productions, the painted top constraint would have affected three production years. What a way to run the railroad and the loyal customers suffer. I am not sure if we can effectively raise a voice to these constraint issues but surely, something should be done. Thanks.
GM is well aware of the issue and they are not happy about it either. It's a complex issue. Many factors. One factor that many overlook is that Convertible sales are considerably lower than anticipated. Therefore, there is a greater need for coupe roofs that was expected. Another factor is that there is a global shortage of Carbon Fiber raw materials. This is impacting not only the C7, but other vehicles as well (example: BMW i3). If there was an simple, cost effective solution GM would have implemented it long ago.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 AM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Was there no April 2nd consensus? I assume there will be one tomorrow?
Old 04-08-2015, 05:48 PM
2Que4U
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks

Zymurgy, thanks for taking time to respond to my comment. Your knowledge of GM operations benefit all of us.

GM is well aware of the issue and they are not happy about it either. It's a complex issue. Many factors. One factor that many overlook is that Convertible sales are considerably lower than anticipated. Therefore, there is a greater need for coupe roofs that was expected. Another factor is that there is a global shortage of Carbon Fiber raw materials. This is impacting not only the C7, but other vehicles as well (example: BMW i3). If there was an simple, cost effective solution GM would have implemented it long ago.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:01 AM
dino333
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Shortage of carbon fiber roofs.

I am one that had to buy a transparent roof to get my car built.Gm owes the ones who had to do this a carbon fiber roof somewhere down the line.It is the standard roof!And then charge $995.00 on top of it.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by dino333
I am one that had to buy a transparent roof to get my car built.Gm owes the ones who had to do this a carbon fiber roof somewhere down the line.It is the standard roof!And then charge $995.00 on top of it.
GM owes you nothing. If you were to buy the dual roof option (painted and transparent), it would cost $1995. Therefore, GM values the transparent roof at $1995. Yet you paid only $995. Why? Because you got a credit of $1000 for the standard roof that you did not get by ordering the transparent roof only.

Not to mention the fact that you agreed to place your order with the transparent roof and accepted delivery of same.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraint Reports

Old 04-09-2015, 12:40 AM
dino333
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Carbon fiber roof

[QUOTE=dino333;1589377769]I am one that had to buy a transparent roof to get my car built.Gm owes the ones who had to do this a carbon fiber roof somewhere down the line.It is the standard roof!And then charge $995.00 on top of it.[/QUOTE This is my first Corvette.It seems that GM has a big problem.If they can't supply CF roofs make them out of fiberglass.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:12 AM
dino333
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.Transparent top on a black car should work out fine. Museum delivery on 4/14,can't wait.Thanks
Old 04-10-2015, 04:04 AM
steel_3d
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

What happened to the Apr 2 and 9 updates?