Sponsored by:

Exit Memory button not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:55 AM
collinsmk
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Exit Memory button not working

Read the manual, tried setting the exit button with car running, ignition on and off, emergency brake engaged/disengaged, with/without seat fully reclined or fully moved to the rear, recall at ignition "on", primary fob in pocket, and NOTHING. The car refuses to retain an exit memory?!?

The memory one and two work fine, do I need a re-flash or is this a simple case of operator error?

2014 Black/black Z51, 3LT, Auto trans, no engine mods (just ceramic tint and Mothers wash/wax)...

Thanks in advance,

Mike
Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 AM
bluvette2000
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Try moving memory exit position slightly forward. The seat may be in contact with the bulkhead sensor which stops all motion.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:57 AM
collinsmk
Advanced

Originally Posted by bluvette2000
Try moving memory exit position slightly forward. The seat may be in contact with the bulkhead sensor which stops all motion.
Thanks, I tried that but perhaps I need to move the seat a full 2 inches forward. The inch I moved it didn't work. Moving the seat forward that much kind of defeats the purpose though. Hopefully it's a computer glitch, I'll try your suggestion though, thanks again!
Old 10-02-2014, 04:16 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Originally Posted by collinsmk
Thanks, I tried that but perhaps I need to move the seat a full 2 inches forward. The inch I moved it didn't work. Moving the seat forward that much kind of defeats the purpose though. Hopefully it's a computer glitch, I'll try your suggestion though, thanks again!
It should work with it ~1/4 inch forward from max back, that is here mine is set and works fine. Be sure you're hitting set then within the 2 or 3 seconds allowed the exit position button, just like the set memory buttons. If you are, perhaps an issue with the button.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:35 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

And it's not like older GM cars, you press and RELEASE the set button then press the memory (exit) button until you hear a beep.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Do you have Easy Exit turned on?

Settings > Vehicle > Comfort and Convenience > Easy Exit Options > On
Old 10-02-2014, 08:43 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zymurgy

Good point. Also, if you don't have the new software installed by the dealer then also be sure Auto Recall is off or with a standard shift the seat will return to the memory position of the key fob when the door opens!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:59 PM
collinsmk
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zymurgy

Roger, I tried easy exit on and off. Also moved seat a full two inches forward and nothing. May be a faulty button or needs a re-flash...
Old 10-03-2014, 12:01 AM
collinsmk
Advanced

Originally Posted by JerryU
Good point. Also, if you don't have the new software installed by the dealer then also be sure Auto Recall is off or with a standard shift the seat will return to the memory position of the key fob when the door opens!
Thanks, that was a pain as well, seat was always going to memory one upon door opening. Changed it to "at ignition on" after reading in this forum. Still not able to lock in exit memory, I'll try auto recall to off to see if that works but I'm afraid that will cancel the auto memory...
Old 10-03-2014, 05:47 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by collinsmk
Thanks, that was a pain as well, seat was always going to memory one upon door opening. Changed it to "at ignition on" after reading in this forum. Still not able to lock in exit memory, I'll try auto recall to off to see if that works but I'm afraid that will cancel the auto memory...
Thought that too a year ago, logical assumption. But like the other irrational seat recall features, like retuning the seat the instant you open the door while you watch it in amazment, it does not follow logic! At least for the none updated software in my Vette! I'm becoming more convinced they outsourced the seat software overseas and the person doing the programming did not own a car!!

Last edited by JerryU; 10-04-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:47 PM
barryh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
And it's not like older GM cars, you press and RELEASE the set button then press the memory (exit) button until you hear a beep.
Really? I have only been successful programming my memory buttons by simultaneously pressing the SET and other button. And when I do this the programming beep is immediate -- which irritates me due to lack of ergonomic finesse, for lack of a better term. Even before taking delivery, neither the sales guy or myself could get the buttons to memorize the seat position. I tried every combination of press-release, press-hold, and nothing works except a simultaneous pressing of SET and the desired memory button. Do I need a firmware update?

Get notified of new replies

To Exit Memory button not working

Quick Reply: Exit Memory button not working