Sponsored by:

C7 Flag Caddies

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Flag Caddie
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Flag Caddies

C7 owners I need help. I am in the process of designing the Flag Caddie's for the C7's. I have noticed that the locating hole for the convertible top on the drivers side of the LT1-LT2-LT3 are not the same on the cars that I have looked at. One LT3 had a small rod at the bottom of the hole. Can you all check to see if this is on all LT3's and or any other LT's, or is it something that was left there by mistake. Thanks Doug Schiller owner of the Flag Caddie Co.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:32 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a small switch on one of them that turns off the intruder alarm sensor when the top is off (coupe and Vert) maybe that is what you are seeing...
Old 10-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJoe
There is a small switch on one of them that turns off the intruder alarm sensor when the top is off (coupe and Vert) maybe that is what you are seeing...
Yep, and it is on the driver's side.

OP, the trim levels are 1LT, 2LT, 3LT. LT1 is the engine on the Stingray. LT4 is the engine on the upcoming Z06.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

2LT and 3LT (both coupe and convertible) come with the following:

UTT Theft-deterrent system, body security content and unauthorized entry electrical

I believe this utilizes the switch in the driver's side locator hole.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Flag Caddie
7th Gear

Originally Posted by BigJoe
I only see it on the LT3. so I am confused. But thanks anyway. Doug
Old 10-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Flag Caddie
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
2LT and 3LT (both coupe and convertible) come with the following:

UTT Theft-deterrent system, body security content and unauthorized entry electrical

I believe this utilizes the switch in the driver's side locator hole.
I don't see the switch on the LT2 I looked at. So I am still confused. Thanks Doug
Old 10-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

The switch is a small "rod" that extends into the hole from the side. It is not on the bottom sticking up. Does that help?

Where are you looking at these different trim levels? At a dealer? How do you know they are a 1LT, 2LT or 3LT?

I'm really trying to help you because I really want these for my C7. I had them for my C6.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Doug,

Please note that in order to sell these caddies, you must be a Vendor on CorvetteForum. Once the time is right and the caddies are made, you can click on the "Advertise Here" link at the bottom of each page to get more information.

Thank you and best of luck with your caddies.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Flag Caddie
7th Gear

Default C7 flag caddies

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
The switch is a small "rod" that extends into the hole from the side. It is not on the bottom sticking up. Does that help?

Where are you looking at these different trim levels? At a dealer? How do you know they are a 1LT, 2LT or 3LT?

I'm really trying to help you because I really want these for my C7. I had them for my C6.
There are a couple of C7 in my corvette club. That is how I know what level they are. That switch is not in all the vets I have looked at. I need to know which ones have it and the ones that don't. Thanks Doug
Old 10-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Flag Caddie
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Doug,

Please note that in order to sell these caddies, you must be a Vendor on CorvetteForum. Once the time is right and the caddies are made, you can click on the "Advertise Here" link at the bottom of each page to get more information.

Thank you and best of luck with your caddies.
Thanks I will do that. Doug
Old 10-11-2014, 10:39 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Flag Caddie
There are a couple of C7 in my corvette club. That is how I know what level they are. That switch is not in all the vets I have looked at. I need to know which ones have it and the ones that don't. Thanks Doug
2LT and 3LT have it.

Easy way to spot a 1LT (doesn't have it) to a 2LT and 3LT (has it) is look for HUD on the dash. You can also look for heated / Ventilated seat switches.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:40 AM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

All 2LT and 3LT models (coupe and vertte) have the alarm feature that senses if the top is on (or up). I don't think there is a way to overcome it w/o possible damage to the sensor in drivers side roof latch hole (it's very small). So for parades and shows, I came up with a BIGGER idea . It's my own design and in the process of a patent so not available yet. If you can overcome the sensor issue, I'm sure yours will have a cost advantage.
Originally Posted by Flag Caddie
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Flag Caddies

Quick Reply: C7 Flag Caddies