Sponsored by:

Radiator/engine coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 02:15 PM
ELEV66RG
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Radiator/engine coolant leak

So I was looking under my 2015 2LT Z51 yesterday evening and noticed a small drop of coolant dangling under the Left Hand Front side of the vehicle. Has anyone been experiencing any leaks??? only 500 miles on the car. No accumulation of fluid on the ground.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:20 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

I had to have my Radiator replaced when my car had around 500 miles on it.
Thankfully my Dealership did an excellent job replacing it.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:24 PM
ELEV66RG
Advanced

Originally Posted by SSTG
I had to have my Radiator replaced when my car had around 500 miles on it.
Thankfully my Dealership did an excellent job replacing it.
Was there a significant leak or a periodic drop? Either way I know it significant. I haven't contacted Dealer yet.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:25 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

No drop. I could smell the coolant after I drove the car.
After inspection with a flash light I found evidence by the air dam.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:41 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 604 Likes on 408 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by ELEV66RG
So I was looking under my 2015 2LT Z51 yesterday evening and noticed a small drop of coolant dangling under the Left Hand Front side of the vehicle. Has anyone been experiencing any leaks??? only 500 miles on the car. No accumulation of fluid on the ground.
Yes, one day my radiator leak the coolant all over the floor. Now dealer have replaced new one for me and no more leaking.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:43 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Not uncommon...my radiator was replaced at about 500 mi after I noticed small puddles of coolant on the garage floor. Apparently there are several defective radiators out there...
Old 10-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Thepiazza
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I noticed some small drips the first night. It turned out to be one of the hose connections. The dealer ordered the whole hose assembly and hasn't been a problem since.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

So, where are the Radiators made. Is there only one supplier ?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Sorry to hear about your coolant leak. I understand the displeasure when dealing with a matter like this. Although you're seeking opinions from others, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-24-2014, 07:04 AM
ELEV66RG
Advanced

Default Coolant Leak

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Sorry to hear about your coolant leak. I understand the displeasure when dealing with a matter like this. Although you're seeking opinions from others, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
William,
I truly appreciate you taking the initiative to provide me with a formal reply on the Forum. I called Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport N.Y. where I made the purchase. To my surprise Paul Conte Chevrolet told me that their Corvette Mechanic is out for the next two weeks and that I can bring the car in when he returns. I cant tell you how upsetting it was to be told that Paul Conte doesn't have any other qualified technicians who have the capability to check for a leak.

I wound up bringing the vehicle to Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville. They performed a pressure test and were not able to find an issue. I showed them the picture on my cell phone of the coolant drop dangling from beneath the vehicle and they looked surprised. The leak at this point in time is minimal. A drop here and there at best. Its uncertain what may materialize. Perhaps the material is simply seeping out of a crevasse in the chassis as a result of an overfill or spillage at the plant? Time will tell. I just hope I don't get stranded somewhere with all my fluids dumped on the pavement or with any damage.

Please feel free to document this along with Paul Conte's inability to provide service. Perhaps this will be a warning to other readers who may be expecting better service from those they make a purchase from. VERY DISSAPOINTED IN PAUL CONTE CHEVROLET.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:22 AM
ELEV66RG
Advanced

Pic. of leak
Old 10-24-2014, 07:44 AM
barryh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pic. of leak
Today I learned about pink radiator fluid!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 AM
rotherd31
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beepster
Not uncommon...my radiator was replaced at about 500 mi after I noticed small puddles of coolant on the garage floor. Apparently there are several defective radiators out there...
I had a hose leak with about 400 miles and was down a fair amount in the reservoir tank. Noticed some debris on the right side rocker panel, immediately behind the wheel well (anti-freeze) that brought my attention to it. Dealer ordered and replaced a hose. Not a problem since and now have 5200 miles on it. Things happen
Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 PM
arctic stingray
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pinhole in radiator

Noticed a slow drip of red fluid under right front. Took the car in and they found a pinhole in the radiator. Car had 700 miles on it. Dealer replaced the radiator. Just got it back today. Dealer was great.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:12 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

William,
I truly appreciate you taking the initiative to provide me with a formal reply on the Forum. I called Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport N.Y. where I made the purchase. To my surprise Paul Conte Chevrolet told me that their Corvette Mechanic is out for the next two weeks and that I can bring the car in when he returns. I cant tell you how upsetting it was to be told that Paul Conte doesn't have any other qualified technicians who have the capability to check for a leak.

I wound up bringing the vehicle to Robert Chevrolet in Hicksville. They performed a pressure test and were not able to find an issue. I showed them the picture on my cell phone of the coolant drop dangling from beneath the vehicle and they looked surprised. The leak at this point in time is minimal. A drop here and there at best. Its uncertain what may materialize. Perhaps the material is simply seeping out of a crevasse in the chassis as a result of an overfill or spillage at the plant? Time will tell. I just hope I don't get stranded somewhere with all my fluids dumped on the pavement or with any damage.

Please feel free to document this along with Paul Conte's inability to provide service. Perhaps this will be a warning to other readers who may be expecting better service from those they make a purchase from. VERY DISSAPOINTED IN PAUL CONTE CHEVROLET.
ELEV66RG

I definitely realize how concerning this situation would be and apologize for your service experience with Paul Conte Chevrolet. Feel free to contact us private message so we can acquire further information in order to document this per your request. Thanks so much!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Get notified of new replies

To Radiator/engine coolant leak

Quick Reply: Radiator/engine coolant leak