C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best rinseless wash product that can be bought locally?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 12:28 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Default Best rinseless wash product that can be bought locally?

Whats the best rinseless wash product that I don't have to order online and can get locally? I have heard the Turtle Wax rinseless is pretty good. Im sure Glen e will have the answer to this
Old 10-18-2014, 01:07 PM
VY427
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

The only OTC rinse-less wash I've seen is by Turtle Wax. I haven't use it, but I've read that it's similar to ONR version 1 or 2, but diluted. So, it may not only be weaker, but it's likely a slightly old formula. It probably works fine, but you may have to use more product per gallon of water for equal results (to ONR). That said, much better rinse-less washes are available online. I currently use ONR Wash and Wax and I find it significantly better than the most current ONR (version 3). It also makes a much better quick detailer. It's worth the money.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Halo 2
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using Griot's products for over a decade with good success. Advance Auto Parts has recently started stocking some of their most pupular cleaning supplies. Check with your local store.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/g...rchTerm=griots
Old 10-18-2014, 01:59 PM
jeffgad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sold on DuraGloss, and their website indicates it's available at Napa, Carquest, Bumper-to-Bumper, etc. You can take a little car wash kit with you on the road to wash your car in a hotel parking lot...I even sold the $300 Master Blaster car dryer I picked up in the spring. Don't need it any more. I hope this helps. Link: http://www.duragloss.com/Exterior-Cl...Rinseless-Wash

Last edited by jeffgad; 10-18-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^^ THIS.....the Griot's products put ONR to shame. I use this exclusively during the Wintertime. You spray on and wipe off....you'll LOVE the finish too.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:07 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Agreed about Griots.

In fact, the only time my C7 has been washed with water was during the NCC trip
Old 10-18-2014, 02:50 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm old school and I always considered "waterless" car washes as hokum, but after a recent medical issue that really slowed me down I bought and tried Griouts on my wife's Cyber Gray Volt (better her car than my new Stingray. The results were amazing, I'm sold.

But I believe the secret to the success of these products lies in the condition of the surface under the dirt and grime, so a properly prepped and detailed surface is critical.

But this stuff really works as advertised, it now has a permanent spot among all my detailing products.

Tom
Old 10-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

Buy a gallon straight from duragloss.com and get cheap shipping, you're good for a year or two...
Old 10-18-2014, 03:43 PM
VY427
Pro

It took a while before I finally gave in and tried a rinse-less wash. Now, I use them almost exclusively (for the past year or two). They're safer and more capable than I anticipated. Waterless washing is the final frontier though, and I'm having difficultly trusting these products. Also, I'm not crazy about dirtying a ton of MF towels. But people do report good and safe results. I may have to try one. I don't think I'd use it exclusively, but maybe in-between rinse less washes.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 927 Likes on 485 Posts
Tech Contributor

I bought waterless and rinseless products together. I selected rinseless long term -->less towels, more lubricity/less scratch potential, just as easy. No waterless for me.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:57 PM
396tears
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by VY427
It took a while before I finally gave in and tried a rinse-less wash. Now, I use them almost exclusively (for the past year or two). They're safer and more capable than I anticipated. Waterless washing is the final frontier though, and I'm having difficultly trusting these products. Also, I'm not crazy about dirtying a ton of MF towels. But people do report good and safe results. I may have to try one. I don't think I'd use it exclusively, but maybe in-between rinse less washes.
DRI WASH 'n GUARD
Old 10-18-2014, 04:23 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

I just picked up some of the Griots Spray-On Car Wash. Going to give that a shot and see how I like it. To my surprise I did not see any of the Turtle wax rinseless today between Walmart, AutoZone, or Advance. Probably going to head down to Pep Boys and see what they got.

On an unrelated note, I really wanted to pick up some Mcguiars M21 to try that out as well but nobody has that locally. Mcguiars support told me its no different than the NXT techwax from the consumer side. I know thats not really correct. Pro series is always better. Probably order some of that and try it out..
Old 10-18-2014, 04:30 PM
VY427
Pro

Originally Posted by 396tears
DRI WASH 'n GUARD
Back in the early '90's when I worked as a car dealership's detailer, a salesman came around showing us this new product...Drywash. The dealer bought some and I tried it a couple of times. This was before MF towels came to detailing, we used cotton like everyone else. It seemed to work fine on lightly soiled (dusty) cars, but I never did fully trust it. I never used it again. Glad they're still in business, though.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

Bought Turtle Wax Rinseless at Wally World.

Works great
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
Bought Turtle Wax Rinseless at Wally World.

Works great
I actually went to a different wally world tonight and they had 1 bottle left. Going to try this as well as the Griots and see which one is better..

Get notified of new replies

To Best rinseless wash product that can be bought locally?

Quick Reply: Best rinseless wash product that can be bought locally?