Sponsored by:

Radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM
SA Grumps
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio problems

Anyone have anything similar? Is it wise to trust dealer with electronic problem? Haven't been in a Chev dealership in 40+ years.

2014 Z51 coupe one year old 10,600 miles when trouble began:

10-09-14 Entertainment Center (EC) failed to hook up with Pandora on my phone after playing just fine earlier in the morning.

Volume paddles stopped working. Volume **** still works.

10-10-14 All radio stations would go silent for 5-15 seconds, then come back on. EC display looked normal. Both Sirius & FM stations. All stations attempted.

10-11-14 Still doing above plus sometimes radio would disconnect from station altogether (EC display showed no station), but then it would come back.

10-16-14 On long trip (6 hours), radio would quit working altogether, no sound, blank screen, then would come back on, but lost all preset stations and time showed as 12:00. EC screen auto corrected (after few minutes) to correct time 2 of 3 occurrences. If Sirius, came on to default station (#1), if FM, came on to static, not tuned to station.

10-19-14 On long trip back home (6 hours), got tired of all the unwanted activity, turned the radio off completely by pushing the button in the volume ****. Twice radio came back on by itself, nothing touched on my part.

10-20-14 Voice on Navigation understandable, but all words have short blanks in them. No idea if part of same problem.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:02 PM
georgied
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

You could try a total reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. I have not had any problems with the Vette yet but my CTS looses it's mind every once in a while and then magically comes back. It's only happened a few times so it's hard to diagnose. There have been more than a few reported problems with the infotainment system. Some seem to require a software update which your dealer can do.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Yes disconnect the battery, that should fix it. Think of it as a computer reboot.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:10 PM
SA Grumps
4th Gear

Originally Posted by georgied
You could try a total reset by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. I have not had any problems with the Vette yet but my CTS looses it's mind every once in a while and then magically comes back. It's only happened a few times so it's hard to diagnose. There have been more than a few reported problems with the infotainment system. Some seem to require a software update which your dealer can do.
Thanks-hadn't thought of that!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:11 PM
SA Grumps
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Yes disconnect the battery, that should fix it. Think of it as a computer reboot.
Thanks - appreciate the help!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

So, did the "reboot" solve the problem?

Get notified of new replies

To Radio problems

Quick Reply: Radio problems