Sponsored by:

Early 2015 C7 MSRP Sticker vs New

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:59 PM
EasyElliott
Pro

Received 268 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Early 2015 C7 MSRP Sticker vs New

I just received my Window Sticker Laminated from my dealer.

My big question is my dealer after quite a bit of negotiation agreed to honor the price protection price on my order dated July 2014.

But the Window Sticker I received was for the higher price after the price increase.

Did my dealer not file the paper work to get his refund?

So now it looks like I got $4,500 off MSRP vs $3,500 as we agreed too. Same overall resulting net price.

Did any other orders of early 2015 C7s get the Window Sticker with the old price?
Old 10-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

When my C7 was built I too was under price protection. Window sticker reflected new price, I paid original agreed price. Dealer has to apply to GM to acquire credit.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,125 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Window stickers will reflect the price in place when the car was built - not the price protected price.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Window stickers will reflect the price in place when the car was built - not the price protected price.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:58 PM
EasyElliott
Pro

Thank You for the fast reply and the information.

They must have received the refund as the owner and General Manager were extremely friendly today, not that they shouldn't be.

By the way finally broke 500 miles and got on it.

The car is a little more powerful than my C6, but it really puts the power to the ground. I have the A8 and pulled away from a stop and got on it in 1st in auto. I can see that I am going to have to plan on new Z51 tires much earlier than I expected.

Two black strips through 1st and 2nd. WOW!
Old 10-22-2014, 07:58 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 309 Likes on 134 Posts

My order wokrbench was dated early july with my name and address, so does the dealer have to honor price protection or not have to?, he is selling it to me at Supplier price.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM
got2bblu
Drifting

Received 240 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by EasyElliott

My big question is my dealer after quite a bit of negotiation agreed to honor the price protection price on my order dated July 2014.

But the Window Sticker I received was for the higher price after the price increase.

So now it looks like I got $4,500 off MSRP vs $3,500 as we agreed too. Same overall resulting net price.

Did any other orders of early 2015 C7s get the Window Sticker with the old price?
My car was built on 10-07 with the higher price on the sticker. I had my order in place before the August 4th price increase, but the dealer seemed a bit upset that I knew about the price protection. He called some one at GM for help on this and it was agreed that I qualify for price protection, but because there was no official pricing from GM at that time they would not be able to honor it. I know many on the forum were able to get the price protection from GM. I left with the agreement that if the dealer got a credit from GM they would pass it along to me. Still waiting Thanks to the OP for a great deal of assistance. Like the OP I am loving the C7.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:12 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Same thing happened with my 2014, but with no negotiation necessary, as (Form Dealer's) policy was to price protect in that scenario.

The price protection means your purchase price did not change. The dealer works out the rest with GM.

In February I negotiated a $3200 discount off initial 2014 MSRP and the Forum Dealer entered it in the system on Feb. 26. Then the MSRP had it's first jump and went up $2,000 on March 3.

When friends or people ask what kind of deal I got, I just tell everyone, "I got $5200 off MSRP". Sounds better than "$3,200 off the initial lower MSRP, then there was in increase and I was price protected and my MSRP sticker said this and that........"

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 10-22-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:26 PM
EasyElliott
Pro

I have found that many dealers are trying to keep or not do the paperwork to get their refund.

I have supplied to a few forum members the original GM letter concerning price protection and the original prices before the price increase. I received the material confidentially from one of the largest Chevy dealers.

I had to almost threaten to take my dealer to court to get the correct price.

I am very happy with my car and the deal I made, but some forum members feel going after a dealer is wrong.

It is my belief that the dealer is entitled to a fair profit. But he should not be allowed to screw you after the fact.

Many years ago I was brought up in the car business and became a dealer myself. Once I made a deal I stuck with it even if I made a mistake and lost money.

Anyone needing a copy of the GM letter or the original Corvette price for the 2015s, private email me with your email address and I will copy you on the info.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by got2bblu
My car was built on 10-07 with the higher price on the sticker. I had my order in place before the August 4th price increase, but the dealer seemed a bit upset that I knew about the price protection. He called some one at GM for help on this and it was agreed that I qualify for price protection, but because there was no official pricing from GM at that time they would not be able to honor it. I know many on the forum were able to get the price protection from GM. I left with the agreement that if the dealer got a credit from GM they would pass it along to me. Still waiting Thanks to the OP for a great deal of assistance. Like the OP I am loving the C7.
It's my understanding that as long as your order was entered as "sold" before the increase you would be price protected. My order was using the credit union discount and was in before the increase and my dealer gave me the price protected price automatically without me even asking about it.

There were some pretty extensive threads about this earlier around the time of the increase and it seemed that lots of dealers were fighting it.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default Early 2015 c7 msrp sticker

Good Question;;Does anybody remember or have the Price of the 2015 Convertible from an Early Build....My standard Vehicle Price Window Sticker reads $64,000.00 and I was suppose to be price protected......Thanks..Harvey
Old 10-23-2014, 12:01 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,104 Likes on 855 Posts

Many years ago I was brought up in the car business and became a dealer myself. Once I made a deal I stuck with it even if I made a mistake and lost money.
Ethics
Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 AM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Algiers
It's my understanding that as long as your order was entered as "sold" before the increase you would be price protected.
OK. Interesting. Where would I find the word "sold" on my order? Somewhere on the Order Workbench pages or on my order page from the dealer? I placed the order with my dealer on 09/19/14 but it still shows up as "Order Placed" on the Chevy Tracking Site. Am I price-protected?
Old 10-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Algiers
Pro

Originally Posted by ckwhite
OK. Interesting. Where would I find the word "sold" on my order? Somewhere on the Order Workbench pages or on my order page from the dealer? I placed the order with my dealer on 09/19/14 but it still shows up as "Order Placed" on the Chevy Tracking Site. Am I price-protected?
Yours would be the current price since it was ordered after the price increase the OP was taking about. You will be protected if it goes up again. The "sold" is on the workbench and I think the other is "retail order" or "retail stock" although I might be wrong about the exact wording.

The difference is that if it's a special order and ordered as "sold", the customer would be price protected. If it was retail stock order for the dealership, it would not be. I recall that when the price increase happened several people noticed that some dealers entered their order as retail stock and not sold. They weren't able to get the price protection but I'm some of them still probably were able to after some arguing.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:31 AM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Algiers
Yours would be the current price since it was ordered after the price increase the OP was taking about. You will be protected if it goes up again. The "sold" is on the workbench and I think the other is "retail order" or "retail stock" although I might be wrong about the exact wording.

The difference is that if it's a special order and ordered as "sold", the customer would be price protected. If it was retail stock order for the dealership, it would not be. I recall that when the price increase happened several people noticed that some dealers entered their order as retail stock and not sold. They weren't able to get the price protection but I'm some of them still probably were able to after some arguing.
Well that's a bummer! My Order Workbench sheet says "TRE Retail Stock". How can that be when I placed a specific new order for myself (not for the dealership) and even paid them a $5K deposit??
Old 10-23-2014, 06:36 AM
EasyElliott
Pro

Originally Posted by RichardJohanson
My order wokrbench was dated early july with my name and address, so does the dealer have to honor price protection or not have to?, he is selling it to me at Supplier price.
From what I heard from forum members that bought from large dealers they paid supplier price based on old price.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:39 AM
EasyElliott
Pro

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
Good Question;;Does anybody remember or have the Price of the 2015 Convertible from an Early Build....My standard Vehicle Price Window Sticker reads $64,000.00 and I was suppose to be price protected......Thanks..Harvey
$63,000 is old price

Get notified of new replies

To Early 2015 C7 MSRP Sticker vs New

Old 10-23-2014, 06:40 AM
EasyElliott
Pro

Originally Posted by ckwhite
No price changed August 4th
Old 10-23-2014, 07:56 AM
pistolpete817
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 69 Posts

I ordered my 2LT Z51 on July 22. I got supplier pricing and $1K back off the sticker. I did remind the salesman that this is what I expected throughout the process. But he was very good about with no hassle.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:34 AM
EasyElliott
Pro

Originally Posted by pistolpete817
I ordered my 2LT Z51 on July 22. I got supplier pricing and $1K back off the sticker. I did remind the salesman that this is what I expected throughout the process. But he was very good about with no hassle.
Dealer did the right thing

Quick Reply: Early 2015 C7 MSRP Sticker vs New