Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment screen problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:36 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Infotainment screen problem. It's back!

Took a hard left turn and my infotainment screen started acting like an old-fashioned TV with a vertical hold problem. After I parked it for an hour, seems OK. Loose wire?

Update:

I spoke to the service manager at my dealer. He said he had heard of the problem with other Stingrays, but said he may be a one-time glitch and might not happen again. Well, from reading this forum, I was sure it would come back, It's not a one-time glitch. Yesterday, on my way home, it started rolling again, like an old TV with a bad vertical hold. I had to put the screen down because it's very distracting.

My question is: How long does it take the dealer to fix this problem? My drive to the dealer is one hour each way and so, I have to take a day off work.

Last edited by SRQStingray; 10-31-2014 at 06:48 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-24-2014, 07:01 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Could be a connection, or maybe something was jarred in the corner. I have seen other posts of similar problems that occurred once, then went away on the next restart. At any rate, you have a warranty. Not to worry.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:13 AM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

Known problem. Contact your dealer. May be software reflash will resolve or need replacement
Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 AM
BPhillyc8
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 33 Posts

I had the same thing happen. Went in for a reflash. 2 months later it came back worse than ever. They then replaced the screen with a whole new unit. Took 1 day. It's been perfect ever since. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:34 AM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

I've had the same symptoms a few times. Problem starts out really bad, makes the screen almost unreadable. But in the next 15-20 minutes it gets better and better until it is back to normal. I'll mention it to the dealer next oil change, but if it's not doing it then will they do anything? Or will they chalk it up to "cannot reproduce"?
Old 10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hi SRQStingray,

If you decide to head into the dealer for this, please let us know. We'd be happy to contact them, and look into your vehicle further!

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 10-24-2014, 11:36 AM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRQStingray
Took a hard left turn and my infotainment screen started acting like an old-fashioned TV with a vertical hold problem. After I parked it for an hour, seems OK. Loose wire?
You are probably going to need a new screen . They will try to update the software first . It took me 5 times going to the dealer before they gave me a new screen . Good luck .....
Old 10-24-2014, 01:57 PM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hi SRQStingray,

If you decide to head into the dealer for this, please let us know. We'd be happy to contact them, and look into your vehicle further!

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks, Marissa. I will watch it for a few days and if necessary, take it to Stingray Chevrolet. It was strange in that a sharp left turn cause the problem. Seems like a bad connector or loose wire.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:37 PM
tentorium
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Professor! I had same problem. Intermittent display issues and vertical scroll that would go dark at times. It was doing this on any page even during backup cam mode.

After a week of this, I waited til it started on my way home and went to dealer. Pulled in without shutting down so tech could see it.

I ended up with a new screen. Works perfect again.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 PM
SilversledC7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

After 11,000Miles, my screen started doing this and does it pretty consistently now.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:44 AM
SRQStingray
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tentorium
Hey Professor! I had same problem. Intermittent display issues and vertical scroll that would go dark at times. It was doing this on any page even during backup cam mode.

After a week of this, I waited til it started on my way home and went to dealer. Pulled in without shutting down so tech could see it.

I ended up with a new screen. Works perfect again.
Good hearing from you. I'll probably end up with a new screen as well. Things don't usually get better on their own.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Had this happen a few days ago at 5,800 miles. Dealer is ordering a replacement.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Thanks, Marissa. I will watch it for a few days and if necessary, take it to Stingray Chevrolet. It was strange in that a sharp left turn cause the problem. Seems like a bad connector or loose wire.
You're very welcome! Please let us know if you end up taking your Vette in to Stingray Chevy. We're curious to know if it is indeed a bad connector or loose wire.

Thanks,

Jeff M
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-03-2015, 12:41 AM
hotwheels65
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update:

I spoke to the service manager at my dealer. He said he had heard of the problem with other Stingrays, but said he may be a one-time glitch and might not happen again. Well, from reading this forum, I was sure it would come back, It's not a one-time glitch. Yesterday, on my way home, it started rolling again, like an old TV with a bad vertical hold. I had to put the screen down because it's very distracting.

My question is: How long does it take the dealer to fix this problem? My drive to the dealer is one hour each way and so, I have to take a day off work.
I found the attached information on ALLDATA.com when our screen started to roll.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2015, 01:04 AM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update:

I'm experiencing same problem. See the video I've added in this other thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...een-issue.html
Old 06-03-2015, 09:04 AM
zdr2k
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt-G
I'm experiencing same problem. See the video I've added in this other thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...een-issue.html
Updated software fixed mine. There is a TSB on this. Needed to reset Audio setting to factory to clear after reflash.
Attached Images  

Last edited by zdr2k; 06-03-2015 at 09:05 AM. Reason: added picture
Old 06-03-2015, 09:10 AM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by zdr2k
Updated software fixed mine. There is a TSB on this. Needed to reset Audio setting to factory to clear after reflash.
In my case, they've attempted to do the reflash. It worked for 1 day and then issue started happening once again. They are replacing the whole navigation screen as we speak (I am at the dealer now), car should be ready by noon according to the dealer. Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong...

Get notified of new replies

To Infotainment screen problem

Old 06-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

^^^^ Matt, they did the exact same thing with me. The reflash didn't help. The problem with mine is that they ordered the screen but there's a back order on them because this problem has become so prevalent. I'm not sure when my new screen will arrive.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Matt-G
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
^^^^ Matt, they did the exact same thing with me. The reflash didn't help. The problem with mine is that they ordered the screen but there's a back order on them because this problem has become so prevalent. I'm not sure when my new screen will arrive.
Hi Steven,
After the failed reflash attempt, I brought the car back to the dealer last Tuesday, May 26th. It took 8 days for the screen to arrive here at the dealer. They are installing it today.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
lancekl
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 46 Posts

Mine is also doing the same thing, new screen is on order.
When it started, i shot some video with my phone to show them, because, of course it stopped doing it by the time I got the car to the dealer

Quick Reply: Infotainment screen problem