Sponsored by:

What a machine...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 01:54 AM
collinsmk
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default What a machine...

This is my third Vette: 1. 2005 C6 Z51, 2. 2012 GS, and 3. 2014 Z51 which is clearly the most sophisticated and purist sports car of them all. The Z51 package combined with the MSRC is amazing, the fit and finish is superb (for an American car), and the power and handling is phenomenal.

My only upgrades thus far are detailing; soapy claying, MX7 stripping, and three step Mothers waxing (black car). I also added lloyds mats (very nice option) and a Corsa XO pipe which in my opinion is one of the best "bang for the buck" mods you can do with the NPP exhaust...

Now a couple of observations I've gleaned from trial and error. Windows - full press = express up and down, light press and release = stops exactly where you want it to. Blinkers - full up or down = continuous blinking, light touch up or down = three blinks right or left. And the best advice I can give, read the forum for some excellent and valuable Vette info!

The reason I'm sharing my thoughts are to keep us focused... The Vette is a car, is it perfect? No; there are a few fit and finish issues, you have to slam the trunk to close it, the paint isn't perfect (but mine is pretty damned close for black), and cheap plastic abounds (even in the 3LT). However, the new Corvette is a great American sports car and I like it...

It's a beautiful, fast, well mannered, great handling, HECK of a thrilling sports car that entices men, freightens women and captivates children.., and I for one am exceedingly proud to own this fearsome American Beast!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:20 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

No pics? I didn't happen...
Old 10-25-2014, 01:48 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Yep, Stingray fever. I know I contracted it.
Old 10-25-2014, 04:28 PM
collinsmk
Advanced

Default Photo

Originally Posted by collinsmk
This is my third Vette: 1. 2005 C6 Z51, 2. 2012 GS, and 3. 2014 Z51 which is clearly the most sophisticated and purist sports car of them all. The Z51 package combined with the MSRC is amazing, the fit and finish is superb (for an American car), and the power and handling is phenomenal.

My only upgrades thus far are detailing; soapy claying, MX7 stripping, and three step Mothers waxing (black car). I also added lloyds mats (very nice option) and a Corsa XO pipe which in my opinion is one of the best "bang for the buck" mods you can do with the NPP exhaust...

Now a couple of observations I've gleaned from trial and error. Windows - full press = express up and down, light press and release = stops exactly where you want it to. Blinkers - full up or down = continuous blinking, light touch up or down = three blinks right or left. And the best advice I can give, read the forum for some excellent and valuable Vette info!

The reason I'm sharing my thoughts are to keep us focused... The Vette is a car, is it perfect? No; there are a few fit and finish issues, you have to slam the trunk to close it, the paint isn't perfect (but mine is pretty damned close for black), and cheap plastic abounds (even in the 3LT). However, the new Corvette is a great American sports car and I like it...

It's a beautiful, fast, well mannered, great handling, HECK of a thrilling sports car that entices men, freightens women and captivates children.., and I for one am exceedingly proud to own this fearsome American Beast!
Sorry, finally figured out how to upload the photos...
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 04:32 PM
collinsmk
Advanced

Default Mean machine...

Sorry, finally figured out how to upload the photos...
Black Beast.
Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2014, 04:35 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Like your color choice!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:42 PM
5150 BRD
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Joy
Yep, Stingray fever. I know I contracted it.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:15 PM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Tell us more about the Corsa XO pipe - benefits? Did you self install?

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:29 PM
FPS Hungary
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:39 PM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

what did the XO pipe do for you i too have NPP
Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Jedi-Jurist
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 72 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by SCorvette08
what did the XO pipe do for you i too have NPP
Old 10-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Old buckeye
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

While deciding whether to buy a 2015 I kept reading messages on this forum on how different the stingray is compared to previous models. After driving my 2015 for several weeks, I now understand what they were saying. I enjoyed my 2009 but the 2015 is such a different car. "What a machine"!

Last edited by Old buckeye; 10-27-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Old 10-27-2014, 08:50 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Outstanding - a balanced assessment from a realistic person. There IS hope for the C7 forum!!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:28 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Beautiful ride!
Old 10-28-2014, 07:12 AM
red1996lt4
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi-Jurist
Yes. I am curious also?