Sponsored by:

Lost Key

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 02:01 PM
newbie2vette
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Lost Key

As I shared previously I got a pre-owned 3LT/Z51 Artic White convertible, as I get familiar with the car I keep discovering "road blocks". I wanted to try on the "Z51 cooling Rings" that came with the car. To my suprise I did not find the key for locking lug nuts the car came with, unless I am not looking in the right area.

So, how does one remove these locking lug nuts or where do I get a duplicate? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:03 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by newbie2vette
As I shared previously I got a pre-owned 3LT/Z51 Artic White convertible, as I get familiar with the car I keep discovering "road blocks". I wanted to try on the "Z51 cooling Rings" that came with the car. To my suprise I did not find the key for locking lug nuts the car came with, unless I am not looking in the right area.

So, how does one remove these locking lug nuts or where do I get a duplicate? Thanks in advance.
Most tire stores and dealerships can do this pretty easily, I believe.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:22 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Don't feel bad. When I was younger, I lost a quarter key....
Old 10-28-2014, 05:57 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by newbie2vette

You might want to go to discount tire and they can take off locking nuts if u don't have the key for the locking nuts. There are so many different types of locking nuts that u might not find the correct key, just FYI. You might want to check behind the navigation screen too...maybe the previous owner put the locking key there.

Last edited by AttyVette; 10-28-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lost Key

Quick Reply: Lost Key