New 1st time Corvette owner in Austin, TX - C7

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:41 AM
ATXRAY
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 1st time Corvette owner in Austin, TX - C7

Hi all,

Always been a fan of the Corvette but the C7 definitely provided that last push needed to make that jump and purchase one. I have my 2015 Torch Red convertible on its way to Austin. I am hoping it will arrive by this weekend in time for the F1 but most likely won't be here till next week. Just wanted to introduce myself. Will post pics as soon as I pick my car up (doing courtesy deliver at Henna Chevy in Austin - Ordered from Les Stanford).

Brad
Old 10-30-2014, 03:48 AM
jamesw95
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good for you!
Old 10-30-2014, 06:11 AM
MikeC4C5C6...C7
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 116 Posts

My favorite color. You will LOVE this car! Congratulations.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Congrats Brad. Welcome and enjoy that new beast!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:18 AM
S/C 5.0
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will look for you around town Congradulations
Old 10-30-2014, 07:30 AM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,013 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXRAY
Hi all,

Always been a fan of the Corvette but the C7 definitely provided that last push needed to make that jump and purchase one. I have my 2015 Torch Red convertible on its way to Austin. I am hoping it will arrive by this weekend in time for the F1 but most likely won't be here till next week. Just wanted to introduce myself. Will post pics as soon as I pick my car up (doing courtesy deliver at Henna Chevy in Austin - Ordered from Les Stanford).

Brad
What part of Austin do you live in?
Old 10-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Sallye M
22 Hypersonic Grey HTC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

Congrats Brad!

What does Henna charge for the courtesy delivery?

Enjoy the twisty central Texas roads!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:33 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Old 10-30-2014, 08:37 AM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats !!!
Old 10-30-2014, 10:29 AM
USe-car
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi all,

Brad
Just curious since I am also in the Austin area. Why didn't you just buy it from Henna? Was it because of the price?

Did you have to get approval from Henna to have it delivered there? If so, what did you have to do?

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:31 AM
87C4_4spd
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 10-30-2014, 11:40 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Old 10-30-2014, 12:34 PM
lsp408
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 PM
ATXRAY
Intermediate

Thanks all. I can't wait till it's here.

Some responses to the questions:
-I am in the Pflugerville area.
-Henna is charging me $350 for the courtesy delivery in addition to the title and registration costs for Texas
-Reason I bought from LS and not Henna is that Henna does not have allocation immediately and they will not honor GM Employee/Supplier pricing. It was much cheaper for me to buy out of state and get it courtesy delivered. All you have to do is provide the dealer you are purchasing from the BAC code for Henna. Call Henna and ask for Rob in the fleet department. He can answer any additional questions you have
Old 10-30-2014, 04:55 PM
TXBubba
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi all,

Brad
Congrats, Brad!

Same with me. When the Z06 allocations became available, I couldn't wait any longer. My Z06 is scheduled to be built November 12th. It is setup for the Museum Delivery and I'm also planning to do the Buyer's Tour. No word yet as to when it will actually be released by GM, but I'm waiting on pins and needles. See you around Austin.

Wayne
Old 10-30-2014, 05:03 PM
ATXRAY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TXBubba
Congrats, Brad!

Same with me. When the Z06 allocations became available, I couldn't wait any longer. My Z06 is scheduled to be built November 12th. It is setup for the Museum Delivery and I'm also planning to do the Buyer's Tour. No word yet as to when it will actually be released by GM, but I'm waiting on pins and needles. See you around Austin.

Wayne
Awesome Wayne. Congrats. I am planning to get XPEL installed at XPEL Austin when I get the car but still looking where to get it tinted. Heard Sun Tint is good.

Get notified of new replies

To New 1st time Corvette owner in Austin, TX - C7

Old 10-30-2014, 05:09 PM
TXBubba
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome Wayne. Congrats. I am planning to get XPEL installed at XPEL Austin when I get the car but still looking where to get it tinted. Heard Sun Tint is good.
I've been thinking about some kinda wrap. Will probably use the 3m Blue tape as a temporary on the drive home from Bowling Green.

Haven't decided yet about tinting. I want to see how hard it is to see out of the back window first.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by TXBubba
I've been thinking about some kinda wrap. Will probably use the 3m Blue tape as a temporary on the drive home from Bowling Green.

Haven't decided yet about tinting. I want to see how hard it is to see out of the back window first.
Consider Xpel Tracwrap. A temporary PPF that will look much better than blue painters tape.

http://www.tracwrap.com/ This is Xpel, a supporting vendor.

Tracwrap by XPEL has an all new formula for making temporary paint protection film. Using an air channel adhesive the user can install this product dry, in the wind, and on the spot.
Why we did TRACWRAP
We love professionally installed clear bras and have installed them for years, but we saw a huge need for a TEMPORARY product. After attending many track events, Autocross events, car shows, etc and seeing the classic blue painters tape everywhere or worse yet NO protection and rock chipped vehicles we realized that the auto industry needed a sister product to the long term clear-bra.
Our customers wanted something more temporary than professional clear bra products. They wanted to go to the racetrack for the weekend, or put film on their car while it was being towed. They wanted to protect their RV for short term trips since they only hit the road a few weeks out of the year.
The industry needed a temporary product that provided the thicker protection than painters tape and the paper thin protection films but still provided an easy application that wasn’t as blaringly noticeable as the painters tape.
So, in 2014, we decided to put the power of paint protection in your hands. We made TRACWRAP with a special adhesive so you could pull it off in a matter of seconds without leaving bits of plastic or glue behind. We also made it tough, so it could withstand minor rock chips. We’re happy to give you a temporary product, similar to a clear bra. It prevents rock chips, installs quick and easy, and removes instantly.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:02 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Default Welcome & Congrats

Cannot go wrong w/TR

Make sure they send the Cert of Origin or you'll have to wait even longer

Quick Reply: New 1st time Corvette owner in Austin, TX - C7