Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truth about 2015 Paint and Xpel: Positives and Negatives

Old 10-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Truth about 2015 Paint and Xpel: Positives and Negatives

I recently had Xpel Ultimate installed on my 2015 C7. I'm very **** about keeping my C7 as new looking as possible. As a warning I'm just telling the people that have 2015 orders what I have experienced.

First of all I noticed waviness (could be large/excessive orange peel to some) and fish eyes in paint. The fish eyes count was about 3-4 The waviness in the paint was a bit more concerning to me but I've since learned to live with them rather than risk any paint work on a brand new car. I suspect this is the state for most 2015s and worse for 2014s. The hood actually looked amazing compared to the fenders. The hood had one fish eye and the fenders were inconsistent. The driver's fender was near perfect with one fish eye but the passenger fender had waviness in the paint and clearcoat. How the factory has not addressed and corrected these issues is still a bit confounding.

I got the whole front end (full fenders, full hood, full bumper, mirrors, A-pillar, door sills, and spoiler) covered with Xpel by one of Xpel's best recommended installers. I still see some slight wrinkles and small contaminants in the install though I think the installer did the best he could without an actual cleanroom. I cant complain as I don't know what to compare the results to. But I will experiment in about 2-3 years by replacing the full hood with SunTek and see how much better it lays down.

Last edited by Pocket Aces; 10-31-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truth about 2015 Paint and Xpel: Positives and Negatives