Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 days...1700 miles...180 mL in my catch can

Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
I want to share what UPR Products said in a different thread when asked the following question: Does your single valve product produce a foamy brown oily recovery when driven in cool/cold temperatures?
Can the single valve unit be used with a Z51 equipped C7, or do I have to order a double valve unit ?

Thanks
John
Old 11-27-2014, 10:41 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,512 Likes on 2,317 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

UPR is offering 15% off for Black Friday. Use BLACK2014 when placing an order to get the discount.

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman
Can the single valve unit be used with a Z51 equipped C7, or do I have to order a double valve unit ?

Thanks
John
I do not know for certain, but if you contact the vendor I bet they would know.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:55 AM
0UPR Products
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Single Valve will do a Great Job

Originally Posted by Calif Vetteman

Thanks
John
The UPR Single Valve Catch Can will do a great job without question. The only thing you won't completely correct is the oil from the Sump completely and it can be a consideration on about 40% of the C7's we have seen. But over time you will most undoubtedly control the entire setup with a UPR Dual Valve Setup.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Happy Holidays !

Thank you, Joe
Old 12-22-2014, 03:39 PM
0UPR Products
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPR Forum 10% Discount Code for Corvette members.

This will get you a 10% discount off any of our UPR Single and Dual Valve Catch Can Systems.

This code is for this forum only " corvette " is for 10% off your purchase.

Happy Holidays to everyone from UPRproducts !

http://www.uprproducts.com/chevy-bil...rvette-14.html

http://www.uprproducts.com/chevy-bil...rvette-14.html

Last edited by UPR Products; 12-22-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:10 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Originally Posted by UPR Products
This will get you a 10% discount off any of our UPR Single and Dual Valve Catch Can Systems.

This code is for this forum only " corvette " is for 10% off your purchase.

Happy Holidays to everyone from UPRproducts !

UPR has the best catch can products I've seen or used! This is a nice holiday discount too!
Old 12-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Rave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm preparing to order a Dual Check Valve Catch Can for my '15 Z51 and have been doing some research. I'm considering either the UPR or Rx unit. Cost isn't an issue; I'm more concerned about any pro's and/or con's of each brand. A few concerns I have: ease of accessing and draining the can, whether attaching the can's attachment bracket attaching to the engine (or not) is an issue (from vibration standpoint), and if there are (or needs to be) a replaceable screen element inside the can? Also I noted in an installation video I saw on the Rx unit, there are check-valves in some of the hoses. Would I be correct in assuming the UPR also uses check valves? Also I'd be interested in knowing whether those that have installed a Catch Can have gotten any negative push-back from dealerships about their warranty. I've never done one of these installs before so open to any comments that can be provided. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:01 AM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Originally Posted by Rave
I'm preparing to order a Dual Check Valve Catch Can for my '15 Z51 and have been doing some research. I'm considering either the UPR or Rx unit. Cost isn't an issue; I'm more concerned about any pro's and/or con's of each brand. A few concerns I have: ease of accessing and draining the can, whether attaching the can's attachment bracket attaching to the engine (or not) is an issue (from vibration standpoint), and if there are (or needs to be) a replaceable screen element inside the can? Also I noted in an installation video I saw on the Rx unit, there are check-valves in some of the hoses. Would I be correct in assuming the UPR also uses check valves? Also I'd be interested in knowing whether those that have installed a Catch Can have gotten any negative push-back from dealerships about their warranty. I've never done one of these installs before so open to any comments that can be provided. Thanks in advance.
Rave, I'm sorry that I didn't see your questions until now. Did you get one?
Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 AM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

4 MONTH UPDATE

After putting another 1000 miles on my 2014 Stingray, I decided to check the catch can again and see what was in it. I didn't put many miles on my car over the winter months, but the miles I did put on the car were done so under a variety of temperature conditions. Most of the driving was also shorter distances and with very little high performance driving. My findings are that the UPR catch can once again did the job it was supposed to do. It caught a good amount of fuel and oil as well as the normal condensation that occurs during cold temperature driving. Now that the winter season is most likely over here in SW Oklahoma, I thought it was time to empty the can and see how things look after driving for some time under warmer temperature conditions. Here is a photo of what the catch can collected this time...

Old 03-28-2015, 09:19 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

4 MONTH UPDATE

After putting another 1000 miles on my 2014 Stingray, I decided to check the catch can again and see what was in it. I didn't put many miles on my car over the winter months, but the miles I did put on the car were done so under a variety of temperature conditions. Most of the driving was also shorter distances and with very little high performance driving. My findings are that the UPR catch can once again did the job it was supposed to do. It caught a good amount of fuel and oil as well as the normal condensation that occurs during cold temperature driving. Now that the winter season is most likely over here in SW Oklahoma, I thought it was time to empty the can and see how things look after driving for some time under warmer temperature conditions. Here is a photo of what the catch can collected this time...

Shame on those who don't believe in catch cans. I have an Elite catch can on mine and its the only reason I can sleep at night. That is.. After seeing how much it caught after 7000 miles. My can was almost completely full! Most people don't really know about these blocks being known to have cylinders out of round either which causes this condition at an accelerated rate..

Ant
Old 03-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Rave
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts

Rave, I'm sorry that I didn't see your questions until now. Did you get one?
Yes, I ended up buying a "Best" Elite E2 Engineering Can.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:01 AM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Shame on those who don't believe in catch cans. I have an Elite catch can on mine and its the only reason I can sleep at night. That is.. After seeing how much it caught after 7000 miles. My can was almost completely full! Most people don't really know about these blocks being known to have cylinders out of round either which causes this condition at an accelerated rate..

Ant
I agree. For a few hundred...why not! I'm running the Stage 2 with clean side seperator from Rx and pleased with what it's catching thus far. Again, for a few hundred, I like the added insurance.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:53 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Hmm...I checked my throttle body inlet for residue last Saturday after an oil change. Throttle blade in front of and area behind was squeaky clean....5000 miles from December 5th till March 21 all cold weather as well.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:25 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Hmm...I checked my throttle body inlet for residue last Saturday after an oil change. Throttle blade in front of and area behind was squeaky clean....5000 miles from December 5th till March 21 all cold weather as well.
what really matters to make this point is -how- did you drive the car. Were you just cruisin most of the time or are those 500 miles, HARD miles. Meaning did you drive it like you stole it for that period. This issue is much more prevalent on cars driven very hard. If you are just put-putting around, your intake will be very clean..
Old 03-28-2015, 10:29 PM
NTMD8R
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 68 Posts

Because of the minor modification by GM between 2014 motor and 2015 motor,
should we make sure we specify which year we have while ordering this can?

(length of some hoses, etc.)
Old 03-28-2015, 11:21 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

I would like to recommend UPR's catch can for your Corvettes. The plug-n-play setup is fantastic and looks more factory than other applications. Of course, the performance of their products is the most important issue and the UPR catch cans are at least as good as and possibly better than any other catch can you can buy.

From their website:
UPR Products has manufactured the most effective oil vapor catch can in the industry for years now. An independently conducted A-B test against our biggest competitor proved that our can traps far more oil than the competition
You can check out their options here: Chevy Corvette Engine
Old 03-28-2015, 11:27 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year

Originally Posted by NTMD8R
Because of the minor modification by GM between 2014 motor and 2015 motor,
should we make sure we specify which year we have while ordering this can?

(length of some hoses, etc.)
I emailed Joe at UPR for an answer to your question.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:02 AM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
what really matters to make this point is -how- did you drive the car. Were you just cruisin most of the time or are those 500 miles, HARD miles. Meaning did you drive it like you stole it for that period. This issue is much more prevalent on cars driven very hard. If you are just put-putting around, your intake will be very clean..
The first 500 miles I was easy and in manual the whole time but basically followed owners manual protocol. I did do a few full throttle blips here and there in various gears up to 4k and once I initiated performance shift by accident lol scared the crap outta me) ....(a8) At 510 miles I did my first full throttle ball to the walls 0 to 60 (rolling into throttle off the line)...about five of them that day...and a good many since with a few to 100 thrown in...

I changed my oil and 900 miles and 5000 miles...no perceptible oil loss but there are issues with oil capacity with my car in my opinion...(non z51)

It hasn't been tortured but not babied either...
Old 03-29-2015, 12:49 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
The first 500 miles I was easy and in manual the whole time but basically followed owners manual protocol. I did do a few full throttle blips here and there in various gears up to 4k and once I initiated performance shift by accident lol scared the crap outta me) ....(a8) At 510 miles I did my first full throttle ball to the walls 0 to 60 (rolling into throttle off the line)...about five of them that day...and a good many since with a few to 100 thrown in...

I changed my oil and 900 miles and 5000 miles...no perceptible oil loss but there are issues with oil capacity with my car in my opinion...(non z51)

It hasn't been tortured but not babied either...
I had a LOT of oil in my catch can after 5k miles, but lets put it this way... I beat on her pretty hard, ALL the time and I have a suspicion that my block has cylinder's out-of-round from the factory which is causing most of it. If your intake is dry as a bone, then you are lucky to say the least!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5 days...1700 miles...180 mL in my catch can