Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone Works, Radio Doesn't

Old 11-22-2014, 02:55 PM
EasyElliott
Pro

Received 268 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Phone Works, Radio Doesn't

Today my wife and I went for a ride in our 2015 C7 with nav.
After we stopped the radio would not come on. The channel on XM showed, but when I adjusted the volume the display showed phone.

Shutting off my bluetooth on my phone corrected the problem until a restart with the bluetooth on again.

After hitting the end button on the car the problem went away, although there was no call in progress.

This problem did not seem to have any effect on my 0-60 time.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by EasyElliott
Today my wife and I went for a ride in our 2015 C7 with nav.
After we stopped the radio would not come on. The channel on XM showed, but when I adjusted the volume the display showed phone.

Shutting off my bluetooth on my phone corrected the problem until a restart with the bluetooth on again.

After hitting the end button on the car the problem went away, although there was no call in progress.

This problem did not seem to have any effect on my 0-60 time.

When you shut down and restart the engine does the problem go away or is it still there? Take the car back to the dealer, they will plug in their computer system and check for codes. Maybe you need a soft-ware re install. My car had a MyLink problem that turned out to be the iPhone's pathway into the system. My car started to slowly lose functions. Works great now.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:17 PM
EasyElliott
Pro

Received 268 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry/car
When you shut down and restart the engine does the problem go away or is it still there? Take the car back to the dealer, they will plug in their computer system and check for codes. Maybe you need a soft-ware re install. My car had a MyLink problem that turned out to be the iPhone's pathway into the system. My car started to slowly lose functions. Works great now.
Problem remained when restarted, until I hit end on the steering column control.

I have an appointment for an oil change and service on Wednesday.

Hopefully an update will fix.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

I was impressed when my problem was accessed. The technician knew what he was doing, traced it down to my iPhone (of all things). While I was there they put the latest software version into the unit. Seems to perform functions a lot faster than previously.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:44 AM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3.
Half the time, after the bluetooth connects, radio shuts off & go into voice mode. I have to "cancel" voice command to get back to radio mode.
Very annoying.

So you're saying I need an InfoTainment unit software update?
Must be done by dealer, or we can download program somewhere?

Thanks,
Old 11-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

I would not even attempt a software update. My car looked like computer city while the update was in progress. Quite a program, took over two hours to accomplish. I noticed some changes last night as I played with the radio (wife shopping). The navigation turn anticipation arrow on the HUD changed too. I really learned my system in the mall's parking lot.

Get notified of new replies

To Phone Works, Radio Doesn't

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Phone Works, Radio Doesn't