Sponsored by:

Dual Full Length Racing Stripes question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Gamoto
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Dual Full Length Racing Stripes question

I plan on ordering a new C7 coupe soon. I'm thinking of ordering it with Dual full length racing stripes (Carbon Flash) I also want the carbon fiber roof.
Is it possible to NOT have the stripes go across the roof? Just the hood and rear end. Being that the carbon roof is black I think it would look stupid to have the stripes going across it.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamoto
I plan on ordering a new C7 coupe soon. I'm thinking of ordering it with Dual full length racing stripes (Carbon Flash) I also want the carbon fiber roof.
Is it possible to NOT have the stripes go across the roof? Just the hood and rear end. Being that the carbon roof is black I think it would look stupid to have the stripes going across it.
The stripes will be on the roof. If you don't like them you can remove them yourself.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:30 PM
magredrod
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamoto
I agree with your "look stupid" comment although the factory will install them on the roof. You can remove them and never be able to tell they were there if you choose. This reason is why I went with the painted roof.
Good luck in your decision. I never thought I'd be a stripe guy but on the C7 I really liked the look.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Gamoto
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by magredrod
I agree with your "look stupid" comment although the factory will install them on the roof. You can remove them and never be able to tell they were there if you choose. This reason is why I went with the painted roof.
Good luck in your decision. I never thought I'd be a stripe guy but on the C7 I really liked the look.

Your car looks great. I'm surprised that it would be that easy to take the stripes off the roof. I would think it would be pretty difficult. I don't think I want to take a chance on messing up a $2,000 carbon roof. I will ask the dealer. It seems they should be able to have the factory leave the roof alone. Just stripe the hood and rear end.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:42 AM
Mecholova
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magredrod

Now that's an awesome looking car! Even better in person

Get notified of new replies

To Dual Full Length Racing Stripes question

Quick Reply: Dual Full Length Racing Stripes question