Capless Gas Funnel

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:47 AM
BlueFinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Capless Gas Funnel

On page 9-53 of the 2014 C7 Owner's Manual re. "Filling the Tank With a Portable Gas Can" is mentioned to "Locate the capless funnel adapter inside the vehicle." When preparing my car for the winter I poured gas stabilizer into the tank filler tube forgetting about the second flap in the tube. I then had to push the second flap open with a stick. Two days later I noticed fluid on the floor under the car in front of the driver side rear wheel. Worried me for a while until I remembered the problem with the stabilizer fluid which had obviously flowed out of the overflow drain. Next year I will use a tube to open the second flap in the filler tube. it would be nice if I had the "capless funnel adapter".
Old 11-25-2014, 09:50 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

If you have a coupe, you should have the adapter in the small compartment on the driver's side under the hatch in the back.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:18 AM
BlueFinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by theanswriz42
If you have a coupe, you should have the adapter in the small compartment on the driver's side under the hatch in the back.
Just looked and I do not have one.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Did you buy the car new? If so, every one should have come with one. Was there a plastic bag of any "stuff" when you picked it up? If so, check in there. Otherwise, go to your dealer and have them get one for you.

If you bought it used, you'll have to have the parts department get you one as apparently the prior owner kept it.

P.S. - fixed thread title for you.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:35 AM
mjross
Pro

Received 191 Likes on 122 Posts

Mine was on the passenger side in the back under the carpet in a small zip lock bag. Hope you find it.

Last edited by mjross; 11-25-2014 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:34 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Check the styrofoam cover over the battery. There's a slot intended to store the tow bolt (European cars) but it also works well for the funnel.
Old 11-25-2014, 02:12 PM
BlueFinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by -CM-
Check the styrofoam cover over the battery. There's a slot intended to store the tow bolt (European cars) but it also works well for the funnel.
I checked there as well and there is no funnel. I can get one from the dealer in the spring (my dealer is about 250 kM from me). Or I can make one.
This is a Northern Ontario, Canadian car so GM probably figured if I ran out of gas a black bear would get me before I got to a gas station with a filler can eh!
Old 11-25-2014, 03:38 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueFinn
On page 9-53 of the 2014 C7 Owner's Manual re. "Filling the Tank With a Portable Gas Can" is mentioned to "Locate the capless funnel adapter inside the vehicle." When preparing my car for the winter I poured gas stabilizer into the tank filler tube forgetting about the second flap in the tube. I then had to push the second flap open with a stick. Two days later I noticed fluid on the floor under the car in front of the driver side rear wheel. Worried me for a while until I remembered the problem with the stabilizer fluid which had obviously flowed out of the overflow drain. Next year I will use a tube to open the second flap in the filler tube. it would be nice if I had the "capless funnel adapter".
Not trying to be argumentative, but if you read to locate the adapter,then why didn't you look for it first? Then call the dealer if you didn't have it? I bet they would send it to you. That is a necessary part of the car.
Again, not trying to flame! Just wondering.
good luck next time. Get the adapter from the dealer.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:38 PM
FLHX Rider
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is where mine was located on the passenger side under the carpet
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Mine a 2014 convertible, was located in the left rear compartment.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:29 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueFinn
Just looked and I do not have one.
Your dealer lost it. End of story.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:20 PM
dbdave
Le Mans Master

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts

Glove compartment?
Center console?
Under, behind the seats?
Should have been with all of the stuff you got with the car. I'd call the dealer and have him send one to you. Mail should come before spring, don't you think?

That happened to me with the stabilizer too, until I remembered the funnel. BTW, it works.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:25 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

[QUOTE=BlueFinn;1588341884]On page 9-53 of the 2014 C7 Owner's Manual re. "Filling the Tank With a Portable Gas Can" is mentioned to "Locate the capless funnel adapter inside the vehicle." When preparing my car for the winter I poured gas stabilizer into the tank filler tube forgetting about the second flap in the tube. I then had to push the second flap open with a stick. Two days later I noticed fluid on the floor under the car in front of the driver side rear wheel. Worried me for a while until I remembered the problem with the stabilizer fluid which had obviously flowed out of the overflow drain. Next year I will use a tube to open the second flap in the filler tube. it would be nice if I had the "capless funnel adapter".[/QUOTE
Had the same problem
Found out you can only use a certain size neck.
The funnel works good just Remember to wash it or the car will smell.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Mine was in a plastic heat-sealed bag in the rear cubby, BUT the car had an indentation for it under the carpet near the battery.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Skidplate
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 122 Posts

This is where I found mine. It was hard to see as both the funnel and styrofoam are dark.

Get notified of new replies

To Capless Gas Funnel

Quick Reply: Capless Gas Funnel