C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Long From 1100 to 2000 if Dealer has an Allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default How Long From 1100 to 2000 if Dealer has an Allocation?

The dealer put in my order on Tuesday and I stopped by today to pick up a copy of the GM Order Workbench printout. It says the order is 3 days old and is at 1100.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

that's the point I was trying to make on your other thread... it could be days, it could be never - and anywhere in between...it depends on when Chevrolet gives him a slot to fill....and only he knows that ---.

If he has allocation, it should be less than a week..

Last edited by Glen e; 11-28-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:47 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
If he has allocation, it should be less than a week..
Yup. Ordered on Saturday. 2000 on Monday.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

I did and he said I had a allocation for my car. Then he said as soon as they found out about constraints we (the dealership and me) may have to make some decisions. I am concerned because I ordered the body colored top.

My questions is this--if you order something that is on constraint and is unlikely to be built, does GM tell the dealer or does the dealer just have to assume the order won't be filled if it isn't accepted in a certain number of days.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:56 PM
BradSW
Team Owner

Location: From San Diego to Bentonville, AR.....WTF was I thinking?!? Oh yeah, that free state thingy!
Received 60 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Yup.....all depends on dealer allocations and constraints. My order went to 1100 to 2000 to 2500 same day. Then 3300 6 days later with a TPW 3 weeks out.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Thanks, hopefully it'll happen next week. It may be delayed a little bit by the holiday.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernest_T
I did and he said I had a allocation for my car. Then he said as soon as they found out about constraints we (the dealership and me) may have to make some decisions. I am concerned because I ordered the body colored top.

My questions is this--if you order something that is on constraint and is unlikely to be built, does GM tell the dealer or does the dealer just have to assume the order won't be filled if it isn't accepted in a certain number of days.
When the dealer gets his allocations, he is told which constraint items are included in the allocation. If you are next in line, and you have something in your order that is on constraint and the allocation does not allow that item, then your dealer should contact you and ask if you want to change your order. If you change it to match what he has available, you will be at 2000 by the following Tuesday. If you don't change your order, the dealer will go to the next person on their list. If nobody takes it, they will order for dealer inventory.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:12 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,402 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Of course, the plant shuts down for 2 weeks near the end of December too....
Old 11-28-2014, 03:36 PM
mikez06
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

This is a legitimate concern. My car was ordered August 1st with the body color roof. I was never told any different, so why would I even question that (didn't even know about constraints at that time).
Went to pick up car Nov. 1st at dealership. Lo and behold, I get the transparent roof. Salesman said he'd emailed me and I made the decision!
Um....NOPE! Show me the email?? He double checked and sure enough, the dealership order dept. made the change never notifying me. I could've raised a stink over it, but luckily for them I like the transparent roof. I would've liked the body color roof better (I like being closed in, I tint the windows as dark as I can)....but I would not have received the car in even that time frame...again, unbeknownst to me at the time. I never read this forum until after my Stingray arrived.
And boy have I learned ALOT here~!
I hope your car gets built real soon and you get all you are waiting for.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:42 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
When the dealer gets his allocations, he is told which constraint items are included in the allocation. If you are next in line, and you have something in your order that is on constraint and the allocation does not allow that item, then your dealer should contact you and ask if you want to change your order. If you change it to match what he has available, you will be at 2000 by the following Tuesday. If you don't change your order, the dealer will go to the next person on their list. If nobody takes it, they will order for dealer inventory.
Are they given the list of constraint items like in the sticky at the top of the page or are they given specific information such as this allocation is for a body colored roof or Z51?
Old 11-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Of course, the plant shuts down for 2 weeks near the end of December too....
They told me that. He said the delivery could be as little as 6 weeks and as long as 90 days depending on GMs schedule when my order is accepted.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:51 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Are they given the list of constraint items like in the sticky at the top of the page or are they given specific information such as this allocation is for a body colored roof or Z51?
If they know what they are doing, yes. I know I ordered mine at the beginning of the month, my salesman rattled off the items that were on constraint within the first 5 minutes of the conversation, and how it would affect my order. I did order from a forum dealer though, so I expect they are a bit more on top of their game, hence my reason for ordering from them.

Bottom line, if you order items that are constrained, your order will be on hold until GM has the parts for it and your dealer gets the slot for it. Both criteria must be met. I chose to change from a body color to the transparent top myself to avoid the delay. I was going to buy a transparent top afterwards anyways, so it was no big deal to me. Good luck on your purchase!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:52 PM
C7HOORAY
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Stay on it!

The dealer put in my order on Tuesday and I stopped by today to pick up a copy of the GM Order Workbench printout. It says the order is 3 days old and is at 1100.
Dealers are know to take their time!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:52 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

My dealer knew when I placed my order if there were any constraints on my car.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:01 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

The dealer should be able to let you know when your order will go though based on their allocations, wait list at that dealer, and any options that you may have ordered but have constraints. My order went from 1100 to 2000 in 4 days (Z51 with painted roof panel). My dealer told me to forget about Carbon Fiber ground effects if I want the order to be processed and they were right.

Where did you order you C7 from and which options are on the order?

Last edited by 5thGear; 11-28-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:08 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

They told me that. He said the delivery could be as little as 6 weeks and as long as 90 days depending on GMs schedule when my order is accepted.
It appears the next consensus is Dec 2, next Tuesday and constraints should be out then or by 4th Thursday, which at that time you should know what to change or might get lucky and not change anything, your TPW will be the latter part of January because you will incure the Holiday shut down. That's my best guess.

Last edited by BRCC; 11-28-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:10 PM
Calif Vetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mikez06
This is a legitimate concern. My car was ordered August 1st with the body color roof. I was never told any different, so why would I even question that (didn't even know about constraints at that time).
Went to pick up car Nov. 1st at dealership. Lo and behold, I get the transparent roof. Salesman said he'd emailed me and I made the decision!
Um....NOPE! Show me the email?? He double checked and sure enough, the dealership order dept. made the change never notifying me. I could've raised a stink over it, but luckily for them I like the transparent roof. I would've liked the body color roof better (I like being closed in, I tint the windows as dark as I can)....but I would not have received the car in even that time frame...again, unbeknownst to me at the time. I never read this forum until after my Stingray arrived.
And boy have I learned ALOT here~!
I hope your car gets built real soon and you get all you are waiting for.
I placed my order on Sept 1st..sat for over a week at 1100. Dual roof pkg. 0%, chrome wheels 10%. Dropped the chrome wheels and the dual roofs, opted for standard painted roof only. Status moved to 2000 the next day.
Car was built on 10-24. Arrived at Mira Loma on Nov.21. It's still not at the dealer. If it shows up with a see through roof and not the painted roof with the full length carbon flash stripes I will not accept it.

Last edited by Calif Vetteman; 11-28-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To How Long From 1100 to 2000 if Dealer has an Allocation?

Old 11-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Specific information. They know EXACTLY what they can get accepted for that cycle.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Originally Posted by AliZ51
The dealer should be able to let you know when your order will go though based on their allocations, wait list at that dealer, and any options that you may have ordered but have constraints. My order went from 1100 to 2000 in 4 days (Z51 with painted roof panel). My dealer told me to forget about Carbon Fiber ground effects if I want the order to be processed and they were right.

Where did you order you C7 from and which options are on the order?
I ordered a 2LT in NRB from Don Ringler in Temple,TX. No options were on constraint, A8, performance monitor, performance exhaust, body color wing spoiler. I didn't order any optional roof and the painted roof is currently on 50% constraint though.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Specific information. They know EXACTLY what they can get accepted for that cycle.
Thanks, that was what I was wondering. So, unless they are jerking me around, and I don't think they are, I shouldn't have roadblocks in the way of GM accepting the order.

Quick Reply: How Long From 1100 to 2000 if Dealer has an Allocation?