We're ready to order... Excited

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 11:22 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default We're ready to order... Excited

Well it's finally coming to that time.

Looks like this is what we're going to do....

Trim: Non Z51 2LT Manual

Color: Arrest me Red (was back and forth between red and laguna blue, going with good 'ol red)

Interior Color: Red

Wheels: 5 spoke black

Options: NPP, Carbon Flash emblems, carbon flash spoiler, Red calipers

If I could have it all, it would be a 3LZ Z06 Z07, but I have to stay in my means. I wanted the ZF1 package too, but we'll be skipping that.

I'm hoping for a late march delivery to match my birthday time. I don't mind if it comes a little sooner.

We have decided we will be ordering from MacMulkin Chevy since they are offering the best deals with allocation (10% off MSRP and free courtesy delivery to a dealer within my state).

Must say we're pretty excited.

Any idea what the delivery timeframes are these days? I see about 90 days once it goes to order status 2200 I think?

Created below for myself to keep track of what's going on with my car
1/20/15 - 3000
2/2/15 - 3300
2/7/15 - 3400
2/23/15 - 3800
2/23/15 - 4000
2/26/15 - 4200
3/2/15 - Est delivery date
3/3/15 - Possible date of taking ownership?

Last edited by 11B250; 02-26-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

A significant amount of the time can be in the shipping process. If you live in an area that ships by train, shipping alone could be 3-5 weeks. 6-8 weeks from order to built is possible with the major dealers that have allocation. Looks like your only possible constraint is the roof unless you ordered the transparent roof.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:02 AM
dcowles
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats. The final few weeks and delivery are painfully slow but well worth the wait!
Old 12-18-2014, 07:18 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Congrats and enjoy the process! For me it took 7 weeks start to finish, not bad at all. Get frequent updates from Chevy Customer Care. It will be fun for you.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Z33 to a C6
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Free courtesy delivery?? Really? You mean MacMulkin will pay the other dealership that the car is being delivered to?
Old 12-18-2014, 08:26 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Congratulations on the new car, the wait is excruciating.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:26 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z33 to a C6
Free courtesy delivery?? Really? You mean MacMulkin will pay the other dealership that the car is being delivered to?
Isn't there an option where you can have the vehicle delivered to a nearby dealer since it's being shipped from the factory? Instead of it going to macmulkin, it goes to a local dealer... I thought this was an option? perhaps it does cost money. I can't remember. Doesn't the car come with a 995 delivery fee anyways

There are constraints on the roof? I was getting the normal roof. lol

6 to 8 week sounds great. I will call macmulkin today to place the order.

if they can't do the courtesy delivery (I thought there was something like that?) Wife and I will fly up, and drive the car down probably as we'd both enjoy that. or have father in law pick it up since he does collector car hauling in an enclosed trailer. Only issue is, I rather go get it, since he'll be doing me a favor, and I'd have to wait for his convenience for when he's in the area.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:30 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Originally Posted by 11B250
Isn't there an option where you can have the vehicle delivered to a nearby dealer since it's being shipped from the factory? Instead of it going to macmulkin, it goes to a local dealer... I thought this was an option? perhaps it does cost money. I can't remember. Doesn't the car come with a 995 delivery fee anyways

if they can't do the courtesy delivery (I thought there was something like that?) Wife and I will fly up, and drive the car down probably as we'd both enjoy that. or have father in law pick it up since he does collector car hauling in an enclosed trailer. Only issue is, I rather go get it, since he'll be doing me a favor, and I'd have to wait for his convenience for when he's in the area.
Yes what you're asking for is called courtesy delivery, and it's usually around $800 or so.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:40 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by theanswriz42
Yes what you're asking for is called courtesy delivery, and it's usually around $800 or so.
ahhh.... well hell, it's gonna cost that much in gas to drive the car from NH to south FL. Better off doing that. Doesn't add time to delivery (right?) and I won't put 1500 miles on it off the get go.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:41 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,922 Likes on 4,808 Posts

Congratulations.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

The painted roof is constrained at 40% right now so it may delay you a little. It took about three weeks to go from 1100 to 2000 for me with the painted roof which probably means my dealer didn't have an allocation for a car with a painted roof until then.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ernest_T
The painted roof is constrained at 40% right now so it may delay you a little.
I'm not sure how constraints work off %, but I don't mind if it delays 1 or 2 weeks because of it. Honestly I wouldn't mind the clear roof, but it can get hot without the shade. I wish it had a built in shade on it u can retract.

My dad's SL500 back in the day had that. it was a 98 and u had the soft top. you also had the option to buy a hard top for winter time. it was a glass roof, and had a retractable shade on it. awesome
Old 12-18-2014, 11:08 AM
VINDIC8R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!

Suffice it to say, the sooner you order the sooner the wait will be over.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

Can't go wrong with red. I considered red, white and laguna blue. Ended up with the Laguna Blue and love it, but any of those colors rock. I took delivery in October 2013 and the paint is generally good, although some orange peel. In March this year my wife and I did the factory tour and visited the Corvette Museum, and then she tells me, I love the blue, but if we do this again she wants white with red interior...

Maybe a Z06?
Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Regarding courtesy delivery, here's how it works: When you order your car through MacMulkin, they can arrange to have it shipped directly to a different dealer; in such cases, the car never goes to MacMulkin, it goes straight to the other "delivering" dealer. There is no charge for this. Where the added expense comes in is that the delivering dealer normally charges the buyer a "courtesy delivery" fee which is typically anywhere from $300-$500 but can vary depending on the delivering dealer. The arrangements and terms should be worked out before placing the order since not all dealers will accept a courtesy delivery. Depending on where you're located, MacMulkin may have a recommendation for dealer(s) you can contact for accepting the courtesy delivery.

As for the painted roof panel, since it's on 40% constraint there's no way to know in advance how it will affect your order. It's possible that MacMulkin could get an allocation immediately that includes the painted panel; it's also possible that they might not get such an allocation for weeks or even months (though not likely). Each week it's a new roll of the dice.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM
Blue2015
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it's finally coming to that time.

Looks like this is what we're going to do....

Trim: Non Z51 2LT Manual

Color: Arrest me Red (was back and forth between red and laguna blue, going with good 'ol red)

Interior Color: Red

Wheels: 5 spoke black

Options: NPP, Black emblem, custom name plate thingy, Red calipers

If I could have it all, it would be a 3LZ Z06 Z07, but I have to stay in my means. I wanted the ZF1 package too, but we'll be skipping that.

I'm hoping for a late march delivery to match my birthday time. I don't mind if it comes a little sooner.

We have decided we will be ordering from MacMulkin Chevy since they are offering the best deals with allocation (10% off MSRP and free courtesy delivery to a dealer within my state).

Must say we're pretty excited.

Any idea what the delivery timeframes are these days? I see about 90 days once it goes to order status 2200 I think?
I think I saw a similarly colored, manual, Z51 coupe (2LT) on their site.
Couldn't hurt to check out what they currently have in inventory.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:26 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Congrats and enjoy! Pics when you get it

Get notified of new replies

To We're ready to order... Excited

Old 12-18-2014, 12:28 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Congratulations.
Congrats
Old 12-18-2014, 02:22 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Regarding courtesy delivery, here's how it works: When you order your car through MacMulkin, they can arrange to have it shipped directly to a different dealer; in such cases, the car never goes to MacMulkin, it goes straight to the other "delivering" dealer. There is no charge for this. Where the added expense comes in is that the delivering dealer normally charges the buyer a "courtesy delivery" fee which is typically anywhere from $300-$500 but can vary depending on the delivering dealer. The arrangements and terms should be worked out before placing the order since not all dealers will accept a courtesy delivery. Depending on where you're located, MacMulkin may have a recommendation for dealer(s) you can contact for accepting the courtesy delivery.

As for the painted roof panel, since it's on 40% constraint there's no way to know in advance how it will affect your order. It's possible that MacMulkin could get an allocation immediately that includes the painted panel; it's also possible that they might not get such an allocation for weeks or even months (though not likely). Each week it's a new roll of the dice.
Yep, that's it...

I talked to Jessy today and he was very helpful, Going to call him in a few and get this thing going. 2K down, and rest when car is ready.

Courtesy delivery is perfect. It's between 300-500 and they send to a dealer that they suggest. He does all the leg work to make sure the dealer knows corvettes. There is a dealer near me that has a few, so perhaps there. They usually have 3-4 in stock at a time. We bought my volt there and it was a decent experience.

it was a tough choice between the red and blue. I think the red exterior with black accents (I wish they offered black mirrors with non z51) and a red interior with black contrast will look pretty hot.

Can't go wrong with red. I think it's a bit more sportier compared to the blue which is something I like. Either way, you just can't go wrong... I'l put the 1000 towards the a spoiler and red calipers

I don't mind waiting an extra month if I have to for the regular top. I really don't need or want the clear top. If i want to, I'll just take the top off lol. Wonder why that's such a hot commodity now
Old 12-18-2014, 02:23 PM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mohit
I think I saw a similarly colored, manual, Z51 coupe (2LT) on their site.
Couldn't hurt to check out what they currently have in inventory.
They have this one but we really want the red interior. and ZF1 is not too big of a deal for us (and the transparent roof)

if that was the case, I'd just fly up there now and go pick that up lol

Last edited by 11B250; 12-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Quick Reply: We're ready to order... Excited